Any Sanatan Sikhs In This Forum? | SIKH PHILOSOPHY NETWORK
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Any Sanatan Sikhs In This Forum?

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
_/|\_ Sat Nam

SPN ji

Is anyone here involved with Sanatan Sikhi? I know this is a very sensitive topic so if you are, could you send me an private message so I can ask y'all some questions.

Blessed be
Nam Jiwan

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Namji{censored}aur ji all in my life I have only known of a single entity called a Sikh. But sure there appear to be a whole variety of them with some in numbers small and others in numbers significant. I believe lionprinceuk has shown interest along such lines and possibly would interact.

Sat Sri Akal.

namjiwankaur

SPNer
Nov 14, 2010
USA
Sat Nam _/|\_

Ambarsaria ji

Namji{censored}aur ji all in my life I have only known of a single entity called a Sikh. But sure there appear to be a whole variety of them with some in numbers small and others in numbers significant.
When a religion is in its beginning, there is a lot of conformity, but once it gets to a certain number, its inevitable to have different people bring different perspectives to it.

I think Christianity flourished for so long because of denominations that were formed. One can practice it as Catholic, Protestant or Gnostic, for example.

Islam is going through a lot of growing pains and maybe Sikhi is going to go through the same thing. There can be Unity in Diversity. We don't have to all think alike for a religion to flourish. I think Sikhi recognized that from the beginning. Guru Nanak saw we needed less not more ways to conform.

That's my two cents, for what its worth. :)
Nam Jiwan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Shabad Vichaar by SPN'ers

The salok is by Sheik Farid ji. Translation by Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa. It appears on Ang 794 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

safflower.jpg

ਸੂਹੀ ਲਲਿਤ ॥
Sūhī laliṯ.
Soohee...

SPN on Facebook