• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Any Learned Sikhs Out There?

Nov 29, 2006
Dear go to any head-granthi/punjabi(who knows punjabi grammar properly) of Gurudwara and ask there
whether these interpretation are wrong or right

or u can refer to srigranth.org

Yes Poorbla meaning u have told very right.....
But tell me if Poorbla means , its existing since Aad then tell me Punjabi/hindi/sanskrit came into existence very late....
not from the beginingPunjabi/hindi/sanskrit is not there... it is not existing since Aad.... so how can these language can make that WORD/NAME

AND AJAPA read it on srigranth.org

or m telling AJAPA means THAT WE cant(A) chant(JAP)

and the FACT THAT LANGUAGE CANT MAKE THAT NAME
is also given in gurubani...

m putting it here
TRUE-NAME is unspoken......IT is not in language

as told ,, NAME was there in past also will be in FUTURE also
BUT LANGUAGE WILL CHANGE...
ਬਾਵਨ ਅਛਰ ਲੋਕ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਸਭੁ ਕਛੁ ਇਨ ਹੀ ਮਾਹਿ
बावन अछर लोक त्रै सभु कछु इन ही माहि ॥
baavan achhar lok tarai sabh kachh in hee maahi.
Through these fifty-two letters, the three worlds and all things are described.

ਅਖਰ ਖਿਰਿ ਜਾਹਿਗੇ ਓਇ ਅਖਰ ਇਨ ਮਹਿ ਨਾਹਿ ॥੧॥
ए अखर खिरि जाहिगे ओइ अखर इन महि नाहि ॥१॥
ay akhar khir jaahigay o-ay akhar in meh naahi. ||1||
These letters shall perish; they cannot describe the Imperishable Lord. ||1||

MEANS::LANGUAGE will change in future.....52 words of sanskrit will destroy in future
but as we know that NAME is LORD and that NAME of LORD is not in LANGUAGE
Sanskrit changed to HINDI,
ENGLISH came

but that SATNAM(true name) that is one that can be chanted by EACH N EVERY one
whether he is hindi, english or punjabi

PLEASE READ IT COMPLETELY BEFORE PUTTING FURTHER REPLIES

Kirtam refers to man made names not false names. No single word in the Shabad translates to "can't be spoken" or "unspoken" and I don't know why you keep ignoring the facts and misinterpreting Gurbani. Word "Poorbla" means a name that has existed since Aad which is Gurshabad or Gurmantar.

Ajapa Jaap refers to continuous chanting of Naam i.e. doing naam abhiyaas 24/7. Highly spiritual gursikhs get to a certain level where the chanting goes on inside their heart and body even when they are sleeping. Tongue stops but naam simran goes on inside non-stop. That's when each and every "rom" in the body chants Naam. This is called Ajapa Jaap. English translation is wrong and unapproved and relying on it is a big mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 29, 2006
Dear go to any head-granthi/punjabi(who knows punjabi grammar properly) of Gurudwara and ask there
whether these interpretation are wrong or right

or u can refer to srigranth.org

YEs KIRTAM MEANS MAN-MADE/FALSE NAMES, AND TOUNGUE CAN ONLY CHANT MAN-MADE NAMES is the meaning of that lines....
meaning of word u can see in some punjabi book it will say KIRTAM=FALSE

Yes Poorbla meaning u have told very right.....
But tell me if Poorbla means , its existing since Aad then tell me Punjabi/hindi/sanskrit came into existence very late....
not from the beginingPunjabi/hindi/sanskrit is not there... it is not existing since Aad.... so how can these language can make that WORD/NAME

AND AJAPA read it on srigranth.org

or m telling AJAPA means THAT WE cant(A) chant(JAP)

and the FACT THAT LANGUAGE CANT MAKE THAT NAME
is also given in gurubani...

m putting it here
TRUE-NAME is unspoken......IT is not in language

as told ,, NAME was there in past also will be in FUTURE also
BUT LANGUAGE WILL CHANGE...
ਬਾਵਨ ਅਛਰ ਲੋਕ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਸਭੁ ਕਛੁ ਇਨ ਹੀ ਮਾਹਿ
बावन अछर लोक त्रै सभु कछु इन ही माहि ॥
baavan achhar lok tarai sabh kachh in hee maahi.
Through these fifty-two letters, the three worlds and all things are described.

ਅਖਰ ਖਿਰਿ ਜਾਹਿਗੇ ਓਇ ਅਖਰ ਇਨ ਮਹਿ ਨਾਹਿ ॥੧॥
ए अखर खिरि जाहिगे ओइ अखर इन महि नाहि ॥१॥
ay akhar khir jaahigay o-ay akhar in meh naahi. ||1||
These letters shall perish; they cannot describe the Imperishable Lord. ||1||

MEANS::LANGUAGE will change in future.....52 words of sanskrit will destroy in future
but as we know that NAME is LORD and that NAME of LORD is not in LANGUAGE
Sanskrit changed to HINDI,
ENGLISH came

but that SATNAM(true name) that is one that can be chanted by EACH N EVERY one
whether he is hindi, english or punjabi

PLEASE READ IT COMPLETELY BEFORE PUTTING FURTHER REPLIES

Kirtam refers to man made names not false names. No single word in the Shabad translates to "can't be spoken" or "unspoken" and I don't know why you keep ignoring the facts and misinterpreting Gurbani. Word "Poorbla" means a name that has existed since Aad which is Gurshabad or Gurmantar.

Ajapa Jaap refers to continuous chanting of Naam i.e. doing naam abhiyaas 24/7. Highly spiritual gursikhs get to a certain level where the chanting goes on inside their heart and body even when they are sleeping. Tongue stops but naam simran goes on inside non-stop. That's when each and every "rom" in the body chants Naam. This is called Ajapa Jaap. English translation is wrong and unapproved and relying on it is a big mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 29, 2006
Dear Hai_bhi_such has given very good reply...
that GALI JOG NA HOE

u have given exact meaning of AKATH KATHA VICHAREYE....
very true

BUT WHAT ABOUT AJAPA NAAM
gurubani is clearly saying... Name is AJAPA

ਸਬਦੇ ਹੀ ਨਾਉ ਊਪਜੈ ਸਬਦੇ ਮੇਲਿ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥
sabday hee naa-o oopjai sabday mayl milaa-i-aa.
Through the Shabad , naam wells up within us, Through the Shabad, we are united in union with God.

this Shabad is the word of Guru, when you recite the shabad, understand it's meaning, absorb it, then through the Grace the naam wells up within you.

Reciting Satnaam, the true naam wells up within you. From Satnaam , Satnaam originates.

Sat Naam is the only permanent place, It is name of the eternal one, all other names of beings, place come and go. But the Name of the eternal Lord is the only name that is true and support of all. With true faith, Understand this name as true, eternal, and remember recite it. Then the naam, will well up within you through Guru's Grace

ਅਕਥ ਕਥਾ ਬੀਚਾਰੀਐ ਮਨਸਾ ਮਨਹਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
akath kathaa beechaaree-ai mansaa maneh samaa-ay.

the katha of infinte God, it cannot be told, when you do contemplate this infinity through the shabad, slowly you will absorb the qualities of God, and through his grace, you will be absorbed in the only one there is. In Jap ji, it is written, if one tries to write an account, he will surely finish himself, before he finishes writing the account. ant na ant.

When you are absorbed in God, your desires disappear.

pamma

SPNer
May 15, 2011
I agree there is no need to look out for a guru when we have the Guru Granth Sahib. 'Sab Kich ghar main bahar nahi, bahar dekhe so bharam bhulayee,' pay heed to these words. the Guru ki jyot is in us, remember "Mun tu jyot swaroop hai, apna mool pehchan."

Wahe Guru bless us all!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: