• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Any International Blood Donation Network?

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Dear Friends,

Please reply, if you know about any international blood donation network where one can donate blood anywhere around the world, and also from where a person in need can get the blood IN TIME.

As you may be aware of that, for receiving blood (in India), equal amount should be donated too. No one can just come over and sell their blood. Is it possible that one donates blood from canada, and the receiver gets equal amount in India?

Thanks for your time.

Regards, Arvind Pal Singh

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
As you may be aware of that, for receiving blood (in India), equal amount should be donated too. No one can just come over and sell their blood. Is it possible that one donates blood from canada, and the receiver gets equal amount in India?

Dear Arvind ji

Blood Transfusion is medical decision made by doctor
In case its life saving there is no rule in anywhere in World that you have to give before you take in such situation .

BUt if its not life saving then such rules apply But anyway Still as far as I am concerned I dont think Blood is not Available easily in India

But Mind you Blood transfusion has many many hazards that usually many peopel dont know
so fron DR point of view it should be avioded as far as possible but obviously in life saving condition it cant be ( obviously)

About any such organisation I dont know any but yes Red Cross in India Organizises Blood donation camp and regular donores do get get priorty if they themselves need blood .

Thanks

JAtinder Singh

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Thanks Dr. Sahib. I have a situation for repeated blood transfusion. Of course, Doctors have made that decision in the past due to low Hb count. SO I am not exactly sure if this is a life saving effort or not! however, from repeated transfusions, it seems to be.

I was looking for an option by which one could donate from other countries, and that can be utilized by different countries. So is Red Cross is the only one, or there are more organizations like that? If you come across more information regarding this, please update.

Thanks a lot.

Regards, Arvind.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM