• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Annual Gurmat Smagam AND Bhai Nand Lal "Goyea" Award Ceremony 2012

bscheema

SPNer
Jan 4, 2010
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh

With due respect to all Gurusangat, I beg for your permission to gladly share with you that Gurdwara Sahib, Guru Nanak Dev University is going to organize it’s Annual Gurmat Smagam(Welcome Function)2012 to have the blessings of Guru for the new Academic Session and welcome all the new students of the university so that “Shabad” inspires the quest for knowledge and all efforts of the varsity to serve and nourish life on earth. The programme viz. Bhog of Sri Sehaj Paath and Keertan Divaan,Bhai Nand Lal “Goyea” Sanmaan Ceremony etc will be held on Sept.12(Wednesday)2012 from 07.00 a.m to 02.00 p.m which will be accompanied as usual with colours and creativity in the form of various exhibitions on sikh art,heritage,literature,paintings,architecture etc where the splendor of His Sanctuary engulfs every visitor. Various dignitaries,spiritual heads,executives from in and around the university will grace the function. The detailed programme will be forwarded to you later on. This year’s Bhai Nand lal “Goyea” Sanmaan will be conferred upon His Excellency Baba Budh Singh ji Dhahan Kaleraan(Nawashehar), a highly enlightened soul with a saintly heart who has given his life for building infrastructure for the quality education of rural youth especially girls,medical colleges, better healthcare for underprivileged and has taken many other social welfare initiatives.Such efforts will inspire a whole new generation of youngsters to carry forward the mission of the legend known as Baba Budh Singh Ji. So, you all are requested to humbly join the Welcome Day Celebrations alongwith with your near and dear ones and partake the langar of Gurshabad and bless the students for a highly decorated and divinely esteemed learning and stay at Sri Amritsar Sahib.
As those who are already familiar with the modus operandi at Gurdwara Sahib, it was established in 1987 and maintained as per the will of Guru Nanak through the students of the varsity actively alongwith with their higher studies and there is not a single priest and no formal management.Yet everything is in order and students leave no stone unturned to occupy the sacred niche in the heartland of every devotee with their freshness,cohesive superhuman efforts,love and pure hearts without seeking anything in return to celebrate every occasion and organizing any act of purpose inspiring the total intellectual experiencing of the varsity.Thatz why it is marked and known for its such exclusiveness. The abuzz and sheer quality of creative activity at this Gurdwara place the “Shabad” at its centre and thus it has occupied the centrestage among the students and has inspired the wisdom of many theologians and academia world over. Much to your delight the Gurdwara architecture resembles in spirit to that of Sri Harmandir Sahib and its historical significance of it’s association with the first battle of Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji and the repeated glimpses of an Eagle ( baaj) sitting atop the holy chandoya sahib of Sri Guru Granth Sahib endorse the abovesaid “choojs” of Guru at this place very well and thus adds heavenly charm and fragrance to varsity atmosphere. Nonetheless, it enjoys the support and services of university administration when and wherever required in its optimum functioning. The wonder associated with this divine wonderland is beyond the scope of this discussion and the journey has stood so gracefully against all odds of politico-social might and circumstantial forces since 1987 till date that it beats millions of stars and moons in their brightness to maintain such a legacy .
Although, Gurdwara Sahib has been managing it’s finances on it’s own without any aid from the varsity itself or any outside support except SGPC providing half or 2/3 of dry rasad for langar on annual smagam. There are plenty of other heads which require a lot of funds for the successful disposal of activities on special events(few to name-light,tent,sound,florist,photography,cooks,remuneration for raagis,saanmaan smagri i.e felicitation material,rasad,renovation,transport,labour,miscellaneous heads etc),routine activities and there are various facilities awaiting restructuring and renovation viz parkash asthaan,nishan sahib and sukhasan sahib as well funds for library,gurmat sangeet project,cooling facilities and carpeting etc.Due to such issues we have postponed the annual raag darbar and few such ambitious projects are awaiting the support from the sangat. Alongside Gurdwara Sahib has been providing medical,education aid to the kins of 3 to 4 families in Amritsar every month since last 9 -10 years and has been supporting such social welfare causes in the hours of humanitarian emergency.Guru Himself has stood as the sole Facilitator and Patron all these years to all the above said inspiring university sangat and Gurdwara alumni to support the holy cause through holy labour,money and material. Without that it would not have been possible for vain glorious people like us to do anything.
So through this message I request at the feet of Guru sangat, all my brothers and sisters irrespective of their familiarity with the Gurdwara Sahib,Guru Nanak Dev University,Amritsar to come all and in plenty to contribute generously for this holy cause to have the “aasees” of the Guru Nanak and keep this legendary tradition alive in the name of lord where the Guru Himself would be welcoming those with a genuine quest for knowledge and learning, into the temple of learning(known as Guru Nanak Dev University) and thus gracing their pursuits with His Bliss. You are requested to share,forward,disseminate this message at the maximum through whatever genuine medium of communication you have for serious impact and also to discuss and inspire your friends to contribute at the maximum.You can contact me at my following contacts and at Gurdwara Sahib’s contact IDs as well. This is a Bank Account Number for transferring funds(for Gurdwara Sahib) in the name of kirandeep kaur( pursuing Ph.d Chemistry at GNDU,Amritsar and a devotee,a sewadar at the Gurdwara Sahib) State Bank of Patiala,GNDU Amritsar A/C No.55141501327. As the Gurdwara Sahib’s own account is not functional and the creation of new one for Gurdwara Sahib involves lot of technical hurdles so in the meantime I am providing the abovesaid account number.The Sangat oversees can use the western union/money gram mode as well to transfer the funds.Those transferring dasvandh are requested to inform me at my cell number after they do so as I am not a frequent internet user. I shall be highly thankfull to you on behalf of samuh sewak parivar for your cooperation and heartly welcomes you to join the mega milieu of heavenly wonders on Sept.12,2012 .Eagerly waiting for you…
Gurpreet Singh
Cordinator-Welcome Day2012
Mobile Phone.09888542105
sat.kartar11@gmail.com(same for facebook)
gurughar_gndu1469@yahoo.co.in
Note. You can also search for “Gurdwara Sahib,Guru Nanak Dev University “ page on facebook.
Guru Rakha

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: