• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Akal Takht Declares Head Of Sachkhoj Academy Tankhaiya

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Kanwaljit Singh ji this has little to do with facing the music. He is a very old man, very bright man and Nihangs just don't report to anyone whether pseudo-political Akal Takhat Sahib or SGPC. Unfortunately he obviously has overstepped if reports are true as I have not heard any tapes along those lines. His greatest issue is tha Sanatanism has been taking over since earlier part of the 20th century (1900+). In his views and many others, it is a way to destroy Sikhism ordained by Guru Gobind Singh ji. This Sanatanism trend gets people to become Sants as representing Khalsa versus Sant-Sipahis (Saint Soldiers) as established Khalsa by Guru Gobind Singh ji. I believe it ends up as a discussion about Dasam Granth and I have not followed this closely. It definitely is very thought provoking indeed. The following is wonderful exposition in civil language so worth listening,

‪Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji Seminar - Dr Harbhajan Singh‬‏ - YouTube

He repeatedly states that the mixture of politics and religion is destroying Sikhism. I believe a valid argument can be made on that. Even in America this has been actively contested and eliminated (Religion and State don't mix). Where they do you cannot have democracy. Let us look at Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, India (BJP for sure as an intrinsic arm of RSS), Pakistan, etc.

It appears many Khalsa institutions are going through gut wrenching motions right now. Hopefully a brighter future will emerge eventually as a result.

Sat Sri Akal.

Jul 25, 2011
if i will compare this to nihung dharam singh then i have found he do not care of his speech, you can check following video, i think mithath neevi nanka odak sach rahi

‪01-Hovhu Chaakar Saachay Kayray‬‏ - YouTube

may be his tone of speaking makes him tankhiya. khadwi boli
he use to abuse all sanstha related to sikhism what anti dasmis, what deradaris, what sant samajis, what khalistanis, what comittes even say about governments etc etc.

a phrase kulhada apne payr par maarna but here it is khuladi pe payr marna

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
1. Kala Afghana..an old man was at first allowed by Akal takhat to "appear" via Video Confrencing...later Akal Takhat BACKED out of this and declared KA Excommunicated in absebntia....

2. Prof darshan Singh was summoned..he did come and waited at Akal takhat for an hour with lots of snagat and wittnesses..he was declared as ABSENT and excommunicated "in absentia" as well..

3. Nihung dharam singh refused to come...he is just tankhiyah !!

4. Ragi jasbir singh Paonta appeared before Akal takhat for being present at a Bhaggra session in front of SGGS....his "punishment"..51 japji Sahibs !! ( Doing Paath/Reading GURBANI is a PUNISHMENT !!).

5. BADAL too was summoned by Akal Takhat once...by ( Prof. manjit Singh Jathedar ) and Badal came with a large force..Jathedar Akal takhat ran away and hid inside a locked room while the Badal supporters kicked the door and hurled abuses form outside ) - Prof Manjt was then removed as Jathedar... NEVER AGAIN were POWERFUL peoplew like Badal ever summoned again..lesson learnt.

6. TWO of the FIVE Jathedars who sit among the decison making FIVE...DONT SUPPORT Akal takhat SGPC MARYADA !!! Earlier the way OUT of this was to call ONLY the 3 Punjab Jathedars and make up the FIVE by including 2 GRANTHIS of Darbar sahib Harmandar Sahib Amrtisar...but latley the Two jathedars from OUTSIDE PUNJAB also come even though their Maryada is different form AT/SGPC. Talk about LOCUS STANDI !!

Strange times..strange decisions...

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
1. Kala Afghana..an old man was at first allowed by Akal takhat to "appear" via Video Confrencing...later Akal Takhat BACKED out of this and declared KA Excommunicated in absebntia....

2. Prof darshan Singh was summoned..he did come and waited at Akal takhat for an hour with lots of snagat and wittnesses..he was declared as ABSENT and excommunicated "in absentia" as well..

3. Nihung dharam singh refused to come...he is just tankhiyah !!
Why would these people not tell Nihung Dharam Singh to recant specifics and do so much sewa (paths, etc.)? By the way he probably does more path than lot of people combined peacesign.

By the way it appears they have removed some of Viakhiya (discourse) mp3s at Such Khoj and I do not know if it is a way of recanting and the ones removed represented objectionable content or if it is a temporary hiccup in the website..

4. Ragi jasbir singh Paonta appeared before Akal takhat for being present at a Bhaggra session in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji....his "punishment"..51 japji Sahibs !! ( Doing Paath/Reading GURBANI is a PUNISHMENT !!).

5. BADAL too was summoned by Akal Takhat once...by ( Prof. manjit Singh Jathedar ) and Badal came with a large force..Jathedar Akal takhat ran away and hid inside a locked room while the Badal supporters kicked the door and hurled abuses form outside ) - Prof Manjt was then removed as Jathedar... NEVER AGAIN were POWERFUL peoplew like Badal ever summoned again..lesson learnt.
Ah Ha, so how can these pretend to be above all. This is what Nihung Dharam Singh flags again and again that these are just Sanatanian trying to take Sikhism away from Guru Gobind Singh ji. If true what a shame.

6. TWO of the FIVE Jathedars who sit among the decison making FIVE...DONT SUPPORT Akal takhat SGPC MARYADA !!! Earlier the way OUT of this was to call ONLY the 3 Punjab Jathedars and make up the FIVE by including 2 GRANTHIS of Darbar sahib Harmandar Sahib Amrtisar...but latley the Two jathedars from OUTSIDE PUNJAB also come even though their Maryada is different form AT/SGPC. Talk about LOCUS STANDI !!

Strange times..strange decisions...
Thanks Gyani Jarnail Singh ji for shedding light. I don't pay attention to much of this with corruption in SGPC as the source of all these ailments.

Sat Sri Akal.

narinderatsp

SPNer
Jun 14, 2012
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

I am not a part of Sachkhoj Academy, but I have been listening to the videos uploaded by the academy with interest. And I would suggest other brothers and sisters to also do the same, before they make or mar an opinion about Nihang Dharam Singh.

In general, we all Sikhs living across the globe share this opinion that Jathedars of Akal Takht do not do justice to their post and that they merely echo SAD(Badal) on most occasions, and in fact been appointed by them. Therefore, this decision, among others does not speak of integrity towards the panth or Gurbani, but rather a hasty and unjust action initiated out of ignorance and possibly, spite.

Let me clarify that Nihang Dharam Singh ji has done viakhya of most of the Gurbani, considering Gurbani as the primary dictionary. One has to listen to him to understand what I mean. The viakhyas we usually listen elsewhere use the dictionaries based on pan-Indian literature. This is perhaps a key difference, because Gurbani "can not at all be" understood without considering Gurbani as the 'Gur' itself. An example:

Gurbani says ਰੋਵੈ ਰਾਮੁ ਨਿਕਾਲਾ ਭਇਆ ॥ ਸੀਤਾ ਲਖਮਣੁ ਵਿਛੁੜਿ ਗਇਆ ॥

We all know that pan-Indian literature says that when Raam was given 'nikaala', Sita and Lakhsman went along with him and did not separate with him. Then why Gurbani is talking about Sita Lachhman Vichhar Geya ? Answers lie in the Gurbani itself. That is the level to which the viakhyas have been done.

Also, let me clarify right here, that Nihang Dharam Singh 'does consider' Gurbani (or Sri Guru Granth Sahib) as 'Gur' and the ultimate house of spiritual knowledge. The contention and consequent confusion caused is because he explains that it is incorrect to use the word 'Guru' for the written baani, the word being used in Gurbani for the 'hukam'. He has explained it magnificently from Gurbani itself. The pan-Indian usage of the word 'Guru' has been for a teacher, or spiritual master. But Gurbani has told the Sikhs that the only master of everyone is hukam, and thus is the 'Guru'. Gurbani is actually the Gur (gyaan) of that Guru. Subtle difference there is.

So, it is only the confusion of semantics and can always be discussed for a final take. But without going into proper discussion and understanding/listening to what the other person is saying, and declaring him tankhayiya, is not what defines a vicharwaan Sikh body.

I am posting this only to encourage all Sikhs across the globe to please listen to the wonderful exposition of the Gurbani by the academy and then make your opinion.

Some relevant links.

http://sachkhojacademy.org/
http://sachkhojacademy.net/
http://sachkhoj.org/
http://www.youtube.com/user/SachKhojAcademy/videos

Regards

PS: All these sites have been created voluntarily by a group of students who listen to him. Academy is not for making money, and anyone can just go and sit and listen to the viakhya, at his simple home in Khanna. There is no elaborate org. or network as such. He is a simple old Nihang Singh, whose Gurbani viakhya, by the virtue of efforts of a couple of students, reached internet and dumb people like me are taking the benefit.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM