• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

India Akal Takht Asks SGPC Candidates To Become Amritdhari By 25 August 2011

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Which one..?? Taksali (as he has himself) or the AKal takhat one ( which he didnt even though he occupies that post)...WHY ?? Becaause one will instruct you to read 7 banis daily and pure Vegetraiansim...the other will instruct 5 banis and Jhatka Meat is allowed.
OR..at the Various DERAS..nanaksari Amrti..PEHOVA Amrti....Rarrewallah amrit ?? ALL OK >??

whats the POINT in chhaking amrti NOW ?? just to fight the sgpc elections and be legit...and yet carry on all the habits as before...isnt that HYPOCRACY ENCOURAGEMENT ??
what will these Instant amrtidharees achieve ?? I wonder why the JAT didnt even mention..Honesty, Inmtegrity, No corruption, no ALCOHLISM..NO DRUGS..etc etc etc...maybe deep inside he knew thats a waste of time as sgpc leapords dont change their spots..ever....0:):whatzpointsing::whatzpointsing:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Ah yes, I have heard about this, the magic potion you take that fast tracks the whole process so that you can achieve enough spiritual understanding, discipline, faith, knowledge in 7 days which will then enable you to take Amrit.

I think one of the supermarkets were offering it, with a full money back guarantee too!

HMM lightning quick conversions, SPGC task forces, did someone from the SPGC travel to Rome recently on a fact finding mission?, now we have an enthusiastic papal guard, and you can be amritdhari in 7 days, how long before we get our very own pope?

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Ah yes, I have heard about this, the magic potion you take that fast tracks the whole process so that you can achieve enough spiritual understanding, discipline, faith, knowledge in 7 days which will then enable you to take Amrit.

I think one of the supermarkets were offering it, with a full money back guarantee too!

HMM lightning quick conversions, SPGC task forces, did someone from the SPGC travel to Rome recently on a fact finding mission?, now we have an enthusiastic papal guard, and you can be amritdhari in 7 days, how long before we get our very own pope?

well not for lack of trying...GS Tohra the Comrade SGPC President for 26 YEARS !! tried many times to float the idea of installing himslef as Sikh POPE..but didnt quite succeed...no one bought it.....he was replaced by a female..jagir kaur..so the pope idea died a natural death...but imho it still lives on in the imagination of people like Makkar....he has SGPC Personnel put on his shoes FOR HIM !!..so thats a start i think !!

These Instant Amrits are the one reason to explain why we have 6 BILLION "Amrtidharees" ( Thats is if we ADD up all the Millions that the various snat babas mahapurashs claim to have chhakkaaed amrit during their life times..like nand singh claims he performed a few million ceremonies..ishar singh also..baba dhaddreewallah claims he brings hundreds fo thosuands of amritdharees each year...so GRAND TOTAL is about 6 BILLION and counting !!)..........and SO MANY CLEAN SHAVEN HEADS in GURDWARAS and PUNJAB !!

And the Best JOKE is IF you take the Taksaal variety...you will be given a KHALSA BIRTH for 10,000 LIFE TIMES !!..Each life time spent in "sin" will earn you a REPLACEMENT ( to improve ??)....just imagine "Chhak ONE..FREE 10K !!: have you ever seen an offer like that ?? The Muslims say..Sau choohehy khha ke bille hajj nu challee..meaning IF you commit 100 sins..one Hajj trip will restore yoru heart to GOLD..pure and shining...here just one amrit..and you get 10,000 chances !!! Wonder why so many Non-Sikhs dont want to take up this fantastic once in a life time offer...Harry Ji.. any ideas...why not ??:swordfight-kudiyan:

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Gyaniji,

I find this deeply saddening. I have spent the last 10 years trying to rediscover my innocence to find that the people I am supposed to look up to are mired in ego and pride. I have seen much mention of the SPGC here, and never complimentary,

I just do not understand why whoever this makkar chap is, is having someone put his shoes on, should he not be putting others shoes on?, sorry, am I being hugely naive and simple? Isn't a leaders job to serve rather than be served?

Having discussed masterji as too bhola, and these people as too egoistical, cant we as sikhs get the right balance on the people that represent us?, although I would rather be bhola than have someone put my shoes on

As for the 'special offer' will they be giving tokens away in cereal packets soon?

as my wife once said, it is quality not quantity that is important

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
SGPC poll nominees cold to jathedar's baptism appeal

AMRITSAR: Candidates for the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) elections have not shown much enthusiasm in getting their family members baptized before August 25, despite the directions of jathedar of Akal Takht, Sikh`s supreme temporal seat.

Nearly a week after the jathedar issued these guidelines on August 16, only a couple of candidates have followed his dictate.

"A few candidates got their family members for baptism while some have come with queries," said Akal Takht jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh while talking to TOI on Monday. Only baptized Sikhs are allowed to contest SGPC elections, but following a representation of the Panthic coordination committee - a group of 40 organizations which is acting as a watchdog for the polls - the jathedar had issued these orders.

However, majority of the candidates TOI spoke to, were reluctant to abide by the directive. "It is difficult to persuade all the family members to get baptized, especially the children, because they have their own ideas," said a SGPC member seeking anonymity.

The admission assumes significance as `Dharam Prachaar` or spreading the teachings of one's religion is an essential duty of every SGPC member.

The jathedar said he had issued directions as they are seeking election to a religious body. "It is their (candidates) duty to get baptized along with their family members and set an example, before asking Sikhs to vote for them," he pointed out.

SGPC member Kiranjot Kaur said, "The directions are relevant but the timing is wrong." There is a possibility of many candidates and their kin taking `amrit` (initiation ritual) with an eye on elections; the feeling to `connect' with God should come from within."

Executive member of SGPC who is contesting elections from Amritsar (Central) Rajinder Singh Mehta said, "These directions are a beginning in the right direction."

The jathedar expressed the hope that gradually more number of candidates would opt for it. "Not only the nominees, but every Sikh should encourage his family to get baptized.

http://www.southasiandaily.com/punjab/sgpc-poll-nominees-cold-to-jathedars-baptism-appeal

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM