• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Akal Takhat Hukumnama Regarding Interfaith Marriages

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
West, where is that, isn't it in this world !! :)

I don't know why is it bothering me so much, may be cos I think my leaders are stupidier than myself... :rolleyes:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
West, where is that, isn't it in this world !! :)

I don't know why is it bothering me so much, may be cos I think my leaders are stupidier than myself... :rolleyes:

You are right our leaders are stupid.but for this each and everyone of us is responsible.tell me how many of us want to devote our lives for sikh community and gurudwara's.I guess very few.majority of us want money ,cars,lavish livestyle etc.Obviously if people don't want to devote their lives for sikh community
Then corrupt people will take charge of gurudwara managements and will do stupid things.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
You are right our leaders are stupid.but for this each and everyone of us is responsible.tell me how many of us want to devote our lives for sikh community and gurudwara's.I guess very few.majority of us want money ,cars,lavish livestyle etc.Obviously if people don't want to devote their lives for sikh community
Then corrupt people will take charge of gurudwara managements and will do stupid things.

Exactly Dear Freind you have a real point there !!!

But now there is possibility of change there , amny western sikhs who are dedicated are trying to involve themself in Sikh affairs at its core but with little success and this include white sikhs from 3HO

at present SGPC and management especially in punjab is too much rural based and farmer class is in majority but now other will try to infiltrate.

I also think that there should be representaion of Outside Punjab Sikhs in SGPC and other higher posts like Takhat Jathedaars etc .Ihope it happens sooner than later

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Exactly Dear Freind you have a real point there !!!

But now there is possibility of change there , amny western sikhs who are dedicated are trying to involve themself in Sikh affairs at its core but with little success and this include white sikhs from 3HO

at present SGPC and management especially in punjab is too much rural based and farmer class is in majority but now other will try to infiltrate.

I also think that there should be representaion of Outside Punjab Sikhs in SGPC and other higher posts like Takhat Jathedaars etc .Ihope it happens sooner than later

At present sgpc control gurdwara's of punjab,haryana,himachal and chandigarh.Other states have their own gurdwara committees.As majority of sikhs in these area's are of rural based farmer class so obviously they will control sgpc.as long as other states have their own committees i don't think sikhs of outside punjab can make representation in sgpc.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
friend I understand when you say SGPC is for punjabi speaking area and farmers are majority here . BUT there is new Irony here

On my recent visit to various villages of Malwa Region of punjab I found out that there you ng generation in twenties is not more keshdhari ranging from 65% to 95 % of peopel have hair cut depending upon region of punjab I think Malwa is worst hit and Majha is least hit by this

So without keshdari sikhs where we will be looking for leaders
or may be sehajdhari people will be sgpc member I dont know how it will turn up??

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
friend I understand when you say SGPC is for punjabi speaking area and farmers are majority here . BUT there is new Irony here

On my recent visit to various villages of Malwa Region of punjab I found out that there you ng generation in twenties is not more keshdhari ranging from 65% to 95 % of peopel have hair cut depending upon region of punjab I think Malwa is worst hit and Majha is least hit by this

So without keshdari sikhs where we will be looking for leaders
or may be sehajdhari people will be sgpc member I dont know how it will turn up??

dear jatinder singh ji
Do you want to say that their are not even enough keshdhari sikhs left in punjab who could become leaders.
i don't think it is true.

Also sikh leaders should try to find out the the causes behind sikhs cutting their hair.

some of possible causes could be.

1)sikhs are no more religious they are becoming agnostics and atheists

2)sikhs have no pride left

3)sikh parents did not teach younger generation about about sikhi

4)sikhs are visiting dera's or other religious instituitions like churches so they are not strictly following sikhi
and may be inclined towards them

5)They want to go abroad and they belive that it is difficuilt to go their with turban and beard

6)Sikh girls don't like turbaned and bearded boys.since i started doing internet i found this issue so much on sikh sites.It looks like every other day a sikh visit site just to take out its frustrations.yesterday i was surfing
on net and i found this

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cameron is given a black eye by the real Southall - Times Online

The other issues the town faces, he told me, are the rising number of Asian women who can’t find a husband, as young men opt for a social life and one-night stands, and the fact Sikh women generally prefer Sikh men who don’t wear turbans, causing a glut of turbaned bachelors. If Tony Lit had offered solutions to any of this he’d be sitting in Westminster tomorrow, said Bhargava. Cameron’s new look Tories have a lot to learn.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the situation for finding partner for turbaned sikhs in u.k. so bad that it is now one of the major issue in southall town..does it mean that many turbaned guys will have to remain single.

If the situation in punjab is also similar then i don't think we should blame sikh boys for cutting their hair.

so sikh leaders should find the causes behind the cutting hair and then they should try to eliminate them.
i don't think an outsider can do that only a person who is one of them could do that

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
I was talking about rural sikh youth !

Yes their are really few left in Villages ( to where religious leader belong !)( Example :I have worked in Punjab Villages , Village 1 with 7000 Population Village 2 with 5000 population in my whole year of working there I didint find a Single MAlE 16-25 age group with complete kesh , some have kesh with cut beard , some tie turban without kesh and amny other combination yes you can find kids and older than 35 with kesh )

Cause of Hair cuting!!
Simple leaders will never find out for sure as they themselves are the cause ! for sure .

Personally I havent strated hunt for a girl for marriage myself but if I could not find one in sikh family I will surely marry hindu or some other...:D

guess what they are less bothered about the kesh thing this is my personal experience!!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I was talking about rural sikh youth !

Yes their are really few left in Villages ( to where religious leader belong !)( Example :I have worked in Punjab Villages , Village 1 with 7000 Population Village 2 with 5000 population in my whole year of working there I didint find a Single MAlE 16-25 age group with complete kesh , some have kesh with cut beard , some tie turban without kesh and amny other combination yes you can find kids and older than 35 with kesh )

Cause of Hair cuting!!
Simple leaders will never find out for sure as they themselves are the cause ! for sure .

I am quite surprised and sad to hear that situation in rural punjab is so bad that out of 12000 people their is not even a single keshdhari in the age bracket of 16 to 25.No doubt our leaders are corrupt and bad but i don't think they are the main cause.It looks like parents of generation of 80s haven't taught them anything
about sikhism.The situation in sikhism is exactly opposite to other religions.everywhere it is common perception that rural youths are much more religious ,keeps their religious symbol and are very much traditional and here urban sikh youths are mainly keeping religious symbols.very strange

Also i think that sikhs are the people who hate their identity.just look at punjabi films and punjabi albums.
The hero of these album or film is always with cut hair.now compare it with south indian films their hero
is always a dark skinned man with moustache.They don't take fair skinned clean shaven north indian hero's

Anyway we should accept this as waheguru di marzi

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Anyway we should accept this as waheguru di marzi

That main thing Bro ! everything else is disscusion .

About rural Youth being Religious ! Yes they are !
But they dont keep Kesh that is it !And the area I mentioned is Very Backward Malwaregion ( MANSA DISTRICT) it is mostly dera followers here ( some sacha soda some Beas)

Youth People take lot of interest in Gurswara activities , smagams etc but They just cant avoid Media Swing !. Punjabi Singers are top of the list in corrupting there mind .

Yu are right in saying that it is shared mess we have created along with Leaders But leaders have much bigger role to play .

Take example of Naamdhari Their leadership is soo clear on their objectives that even if you fing Millinoner naamdhari at any corner of world the chances are less that he will be deviod of basic outer symbols why? there leadership take keen interest in Interaction , Supporting their followers and projecting their heroes in right light.

:) one thing I now about South Indian Films is that although ur right their heroes are Not North Indian ,But definately large number of their Female star are from north India .

About Declining Sikh with Kesh I am not worried ! why Should I ?
Well its just like MArket Correction that happens in Stock market .

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
That main thing Bro ! everything else is disscusion .

About rural Youth being Religious ! Yes they are !
But they dont keep Kesh that is it !And the area I mentioned is Very Backward Malwaregion ( MANSA DISTRICT) it is mostly dera followers here ( some sacha soda some Beas)

Youth People take lot of interest in Gurswara activities , smagams etc but They just cant avoid Media Swing !. Punjabi Singers are top of the list in corrupting there mind .

Yu are right in saying that it is shared mess we have created along with Leaders But leaders have much bigger role to play .

Take example of Naamdhari Their leadership is soo clear on their objectives that even if you fing Millinoner naamdhari at any corner of world the chances are less that he will be deviod of basic outer symbols why? there leadership take keen interest in Interaction , Supporting their followers and projecting their heroes in right light.

:) one thing I now about South Indian Films is that although ur right their heroes are Not North Indian ,But definately large number of their Female star are from north India .

About Declining Sikh with Kesh I am not worried ! why Should I ?
Well its just like MArket Correction that happens in Stock market .

So the main reasons are

1)corrupt sikh leaders

2)punjabi singers

3)dera's

the case of namdhari is very different.they have a living guru who's status is like guru nanak so every
namdhari has to accept what he says.On the other hand we have different sikh sects like taksal,akj,etc
small issues severly divide us like meat,dasam granth etc.

Also about north indian heoine's in south indian films,well this is man's world you can do romance with the
girl's of other communities , other region's but hero should be indigenious.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM