• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Aim Of Religion

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
for 'religion' I personally would replace the word with 'truthful living' :sippingcoffee:

In reply to above I had said "Truthful living is not enough" and inter alia had said that our destination of life is meeting/merging with God" To this you wanted some references from Gurbani. I had given some text from " Gospel of Guru Granth sahib" with a promise to give you reference from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Now here you are:-
The following Tuk is from Rehras Sahib.

aasaa mehlaa 5.
Bha-ee paraapat maanukh dayhuree-aa.
gobind milan kee ih tayree baree-aa. avar kaaj tayrai kitai na kaam.
mil saaDhsangat bhaj kayval naam. ||1||

Aasaa, Fifth Mehl:
This human body has been given to you.
This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.
Nothing else will work.
Join the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; vibrate and meditate on the Jewel of the Naam. ||1||

I wonder why my posts relating to above have been deleted.
IF THE ADMN VIEWS MY WRITINGS ARE A NUISANCE I WILL WITHDRAW FROM THE DISCUSSIONS, IF THAT BE YOUR PLEASURE.

no one has deleted your writings, they are not a nuisance, your contributions are always gratefully received, if there is a post that is missing kindly pm me and I will do my best to locate it for you

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
Thanks.
On 01/04/2014 and 02/04/2014 I had posted in reply to Harry Haller's write up (1). that Truthful living is not enough....... and (2). I had posted some text from "The Gospel of Guru Granth Sahib" in answer to further questioning of Harry Haller Ji.
When I clicked from my Mail page as usual my writings are found missing. Such things happened a couple of times earlier too. In those instances the entire pages were found replaced with other issues.

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
I just read that "This message has been deleted by Harry Haller under the posting of mine where you have said "no one has deleted your writings"
I wonder what it means.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
The "This message has been deleted by Harry Haller" relates to a post BY Harry ji which was deleted by him. Perhaps you should type www.sikhphilosophy.net directly into your browser when you want to visit as the way you currently access the site might explain some of the problems you've having.

From what I can see, nothing of yours has been deleted in this thread.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Sat Sri Akaal,

One may ignore/accept or discard the contents of this written text.

It is the inside body awareness, and with in a body, it is the awareness of mind, and its correlation with the nature, which is the cause of religion, the acts performed and discipline are in tune with the NATURE.

NATURE IS SUPREME, so do understanding of living with "NATURE"

One may perform any rituals, can go to religious and sacred places, may or may not eat flesh, or have daily drink, have very long hair or no hair, this is no criteria for religion.

Positive mind frame is with those who practice religion, with understanding of own mind, taking the inward journey of there own mind, and perform cleansing of one's own thought process.

Vanishing Blames, Duality, Concluding Discussion, Understanding Own Mind.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Whaeguru Ji Ki Fateh

nice post and nice topic ji.

through my experiences i cannot disagree with any of above...

aim of religion = aim of life
to pull away from the stranglehold of EGO existance, so as to finally...

know thyself through which we will know our creator...

the created human being, surrounded, overwhelmed by desires and pleasures experienced through the 5 senses ... realises nothing in the world is quenching a thirst that is tearing his/her soul apart within, and begins a journey to seek something that will finally put out this burning fire.

:)

palaingtha

SPNer
Aug 28, 2012
The "This message has been deleted by Harry Haller" relates to a post BY Harry ji which was deleted by him. Perhaps you should type www.sikhphilosophy.net directly into your browser when you want to visit as the way you currently access the site might explain some of the problems you've having.

From what I can see, nothing of yours has been deleted in this thread.

After receiving the above post i have checked my posts in question- it is there (but cannot be accessed fully).
My complaint is when the original posts of Harry Heller ji is there (to which I had made the reply) it should appear next to or if some other persons had replied to Harry Heller's post even then my writing should be on the same page.
As the said posting of Harry Heller Ji is on a page now without my postings it is a matter of surprise. Either Mr. Harry Heller had deleted his first posting along with mine and posted a fresh identical to his earlier post.

Palaingthaji, please PM me direct so that the thread is not sidelined into what is an IT issue, but I am happy to confirm I have no reason or wish to delete your posts unless they are contravening SPN terms of service, as such, no posts have been deleted by me, please PM either myself or Ishnaji if you have any further queries, Gurfateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM