• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News Against Ignorance And Hatred: Balmeet Singh's Journey

Rani Sandhu

SPNer
Feb 7, 2009
Toronto
This is so sad....as a country, Ukraine needs to educate their society b/c how else can they promote tourism...ppl wouldn't travel to Ukraine or any other country if stuff like this happens.....they need to bring awareness among the society.....ppl need to respect and they need to be educated on diverse cultural background, practices and customs.....this is just lack of education/knowledge........stuff like this need media attention ....and the leaders of the nation needs to know that stuff like this shouldn't happen.....

Dec 27, 2004
Hertfordshire England
Dear Balmeet my sympathies to you and to all victims of mindless violence. Just to put your experience in perspective, one doesn’t have to travel outside their own country to be a victim of vile racism. Many Asians have come to Britain and have committed evil racist attacks against white British in their own country.

The racist attack and murder of Kriss Donald:
At the start of the three-week trial Zahid, 20, admitted attacking Kriss in a racially-aggravated assault and abducting the teenager.
Zahid also admitted a racially-aggravated assault on Jamie Wallace and pleaded guilty to persuading a friend to provide him with an alibi on his whereabouts at the time of the murder.
Zahid lodged a special defence naming two people, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, as Kriss's killers.
Mohammed also named the two individuals and a third individual as being responsible for the abduction and murder.
The 15 year old schoolboy was driven 200 miles from Pollokshields, to the Parkhead area, to Dundee and then back to Glasgow.
The teenager was then driven up a dark lane to a lonely spot near the Clyde Walkway, where he was killed, according to deputy advocate Mark Stewart, in a gruesome and callous execution.
In a horrific account of his final moments, the jury was told Kriss was stabbed 13 times in a frenzied attack which severed one of his ribs, three arteries, one of his lungs, his liver and kidney.
He was then doused in petrol, set alight and left to die.

The world is full of racists and the Asian sub continent has sent tens of thousands to Britian.

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
The Ukraine - and it's People - have been living in a kind of 'hole' ever since WW2; neither the NAZIs' nor the Stalinists were about to give up the power over the populace that is made possible by the kinds of 'Divide and Conquor' Tactics that they both used.
This does not excuse such an attack; but it would be best of we met this kind of Hate with a little Love, as Hatered begets Hatered - and this is a fact that these Neo-NAZIs' are well aware of.
The Ukrainian People and all of the rest of those who lived under the Stalinist yoke for so long, simply need some time to 'catch up' with the advancements that we in the West have made on the fronts Civil, Social, & Womens Rights over the last thirty years.
Like the others, I'm Glad to see you smilling - and giving a Thumbs Up! You have the Right Attitude! Mahatma Ghandi would be PROUD OF YOU!!!
With Luck - and a little help from POTUS Obama and USAG Eric Holder, I might just score a Victory over these same kinds of people myself in the next few months of years; but then they've actually MURDERED three people here in Portland, Or. in 2003, then got me labeled 'crazy' (by the SSA; I have a Neuropathy - a disease of the Body not the Mind!) so as to facilitate their escape from Justice.
Pray that God keeps on providing me with the strength to continue this more personal Fight, and that He shines the Light of Love into the Hearts of these poor, pathetic hooligans who attacked you!
That's the best thing that could come of this!:yes:

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
I have been a member of this website for about a year or so. I get the emails and sometimes decide to stop by the website and check things out. Mostly I find the articles are dry, boring, and lacking of intellectually stimulating content. This is a very moving piece. If the only thing that I ever had a chance to read on this site was this article, then joining this site would have been worth it.

If they are that dry and boring you create some? Sheesh...what a nerve.:mad::lame:

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
This piece brought back memories of me growing up as a Siikh in the UK in the 70's 80's and 90's.

Although UK is more enlightened, those people that carried out attacks on me and my friends are still around.

Saying that, we carried out plenty of retaliation on mindless skinheaded thugs, and they thought twice before attacking us (especially turbaned guys).

All I can say is do not lose heart. 6 cowards to attack one man is not bravery. I used to take these type of idiots one on one and even two on one and they were no match, because they are gutless.

Stay Strong.

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
The 'thecoopes' are right, 'randapsingh' ji; racism is everywhere, and it is practiced by everyone.
While I applaud your efforts to defend yourself and those you love - and I'd do the same thing in your place (in fact, I've been 'blacklisted' by the Ku Klux Klan since 1982; though not for an Act of Violence - that's their game, I just refused to play with them and got one of them Court Marshalled in the process!); let's try to remember that Violence is their game and that no matter how Saintly your Soldiering might seem to be, when your engaged in the defense of yourself and your loved ones, The Beautiful Lord would prefer that you Love those who've offended - or even attacked you; as that's the only way that these things - like the Evil in the black hearts - will ever change!:yes:
Like the Judeo-Christians Bible says; Hatered begets Hatered, and Violence begets Violence - WORLD WILL END!!!
We - all of us, here on Spaceship Earth - really need to work on the 'Love one another' stuff; as only then will we be able to give Mother Earth the kind of attention she needs - before she brushes The Human Race off her shoulder like so much dandruff!OMG
Still; kick some NAZI butt for me - but only if you have to! (I'm disabled!)

jaysangh

SPNer
Oct 22, 2006
Dear jaysangh ji

Welcome back! :welcome:

well, a forum is what a avid member shapes it to be like... if we would not participate actively and share our ideas then how are we going to enhance the general standard of the forum.

You joined around two and half years back and things might have improved... find yourself sometime to explore the network... i an sure the network has something nice to learn from you,

Warm Regards

Aman singh

Aman,

You make a good point. A forum is only as good as the members who make regular posts on it. It is wrong for me to make negative comments about this forum when instead I should be making posts that are more in line with the kind of stuff I want to discuss.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - A quote that shouldn't need citing

In the past I did make a couple posts about some topics that could be seen as being pretty controversial. However, I didn't join this site or write those posts to stir up animosity and cause havoc. I was merely curious and wanted to hear what other people had to say. I posed the question "why are you a sikh". I asked this because I feel that most people don't have an answer. They haven't thought about this. They will go about their daily routine of following the tenants of sikhism strictly yet stutter when asked why they do it. People need to be more accountable for their beliefs. Anyway, I don't want to take this thread and steer it into something else. I'll try putting up another post and see how things go.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
The 'thecoopes' are right, 'randapsingh' ji; racism is everywhere, and it is practiced by everyone.
While I applaud your efforts to defend yourself and those you love - and I'd do the same thing in your place (in fact, I've been 'blacklisted' by the Ku Klux Klan since 1982; though not for an Act of Violence - that's their game, I just refused to play with them and got one of them Court Marshalled in the process!); let's try to remember that Violence is their game and that no matter how Saintly your Soldiering might seem to be, when your engaged in the defense of yourself and your loved ones, The Beautiful Lord would prefer that you Love those who've offended - or even attacked you; as that's the only way that these things - like the Evil in the black hearts - will ever change!:yes:
Like the Judeo-Christians Bible says; Hatered begets Hatered, and Violence begets Violence - WORLD WILL END!!!
We - all of us, here on Spaceship Earth - really need to work on the 'Love one another' stuff; as only then will we be able to give Mother Earth the kind of attention she needs - before she brushes The Human Race off her shoulder like so much dandruff!OMG
Still; kick some NAZI butt for me - but only if you have to! (I'm disabled!)

To be fair I avoid violence at all costs. I will even apologise to avoid violence, but sometimes people persisit and will not stop.

So when all other means fail, it becomes necessary to draw the sword.;)

xishveirx

SPNer
Dec 7, 2004
Ipoh, malaysia / Indiana, usa
I am copying jaysangh's comment here because its exactly what i wanted to say :)

"I have been a member of this website for about a year or so. I get the emails and sometimes decide to stop by the website and check things out. Mostly I find the articles are dry, boring, and lacking of intellectually stimulating content. This is a very moving piece. If the only thing that I ever had a chance to read on this site was this article, then joining this site would have been worth it."

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Randap Singh ji.
You are, of course, correct to avoid violence at all costs - and, like myself, I hope you continue to do The Right Thing!:thumbup:
I'm more than just a bit Cranky, you see; as I'm too disabled to 'draw my sword' myself - and even though I know thats' what "they" want me to do, it would sure relieve some of the stress of having been targeted myself!:D
Know that there are many Caucasion People, like myself, who will always stand up for you - even if we become targets ourselves! I've been doing it since 1982!:)
Keep The Faith!

dolfin0120

SPNer
May 16, 2009
im shocked, surprised, & saddened to see veerji's story. But at the end, im motivated to see thumbs up, keep going, keep learning from the past in order to make a bright future. im proud of your courage, Balmeet veerji, keep up with the winning attitude.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM