• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Question ? Whom Does God Help?

Dec 8, 2005
Dear brothers/sister

SSAKAL

I have a question to ask you all:-

Does god help every one?

OR

He help those who use the faculties given by him to us; that is those who help them selves thru use of his given faculities?

/Luv

hps62

Last edited:

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Dear hps62 Ji,

'The Sat' is helping every one all the time. It is 'The Sat' who sustain life in me and you. This state if living is not caused by the individual herself or himself; it is a gift from 'The Sat'. The individual evolves or degenrates depending on the way she or he uses this gift.

If the pot is kept upside down then no matter how much it rains water will not enter it. If the opening of the pot is upward, towards the sky, it will get filled. This is the case with the help from 'The Sat' too; it is up tp you to avail the help that comes all the time.

If we are pure then a realisation downs on us that there is divine help in every thing that we do. If Ahamkara i.e. 'I-ness' is very strong in us then the divine assitance which any way is there will not be felt by the such persons.

Our whole life is relative. What we call truth is our current understanding, which itself depends on our spiritual level, making it relative; that is why we cannot become absolute. Knowing this limitation of we humans, it is important that one should not have fixed ideas(absoluteness), no matter how close they are to truth, other wise when the higher truth knocks at our door we will not recognise it.

'The Sat' was, is, and will be around us for ever, helping us all the time, no matter what we are.

With love and respect for all.

Amarpal Singh

Sep 11, 2005
God helps everyone , as per the reply of Amarpal ji , That is quite Appreciable .

There is also another aspect , that , God helps those who help themselves using whatever god has gifted us.

Suppose , if a person doesn't makes any effort to feed himself with his hands , so , Ultimately he will end his life .

poppy

SPNer
Apr 13, 2005
london
i have often too wondered and observed this question. Does God help the sinners as well? I have read that your sins can be forgiven once you surrender yourself to HIm and your sins get washed by Naam. But what about the victims? How do they deal with their hurt and injury? God helps them too to deal with their hurt. It is said somewhere ( dont know where) that why worry? God helps even the insects under the stones. Surrender your self to Him and He will help you, what ever it is. The Answer is there, right in front of you. You just have to read and learn and ACCEPT His will.

Dec 8, 2005
Dear veerji

I do not my self know the answer to the question.

I some how get an impression that God helps a little extra those people who help themselves.

See the beautiful inventions in West like TV
, Mobile , Aeroplane ,computer are not possible without the desire to use gods given brain.

See where Arabic and Asian country are.

Not a single invention to show why???:confused:

luv
hps62

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Inventions are not everything.... the WEST has nothing in comparison with the beauty of the Vedas, the Mahabharta..and of course GURBANI...The EAST has produced the BEST..the Zoroastrians, the Buddha, the Vedic Writers and sages, the Prphets of Israel, Christianity and Islam..the Bhagts of the Bhagtii movemetn..the GURUS of Sikhism....the WEST has not even a single Religious Prophet .... The Indians also invented the ZERO..Mathematics would be now where without the ZERO..also medical advances etc Algebra sciences...
The Chinese invented Gunpowder, rockets, paper, Printing.....

It just happens that the WEST after destroying the entire EAST..through slavery opium and conquest....made some inventions and discoveries in the past 100 years....the MOST inventions in the past 25 years have been Contributed to by EVERYONE...Indians in USA, Chinese in Britain..etc etc due to the world becoming a global village without borders...

Just a few thoughts..

Jarnail singh gyani

Sep 11, 2005
The West feels that by inventing and discovering such things it has done a great job.

But , If you closely Analyse , then you will find that East is far more wise than West , as it believes and says that whatever we have today it was there in the past and beginning of the life.

West has given Internet where , millions of computers communicate throughout the world .

East , know that God has given us some gifts like subconcious mind , through which we communicate with each other throughout the globe.

West has developed Virtual Reality , But East Knows that God as Built us with Virtual Reality Included

But the sad thing is that , the people of East believe such things as GHOSTS , BHOOTS and miracles.

Dec 8, 2005
Dear brother

SSAKAL

I hope your answer is

1 ) after a lot of introspection

2 ) Not out of jealousy

3 ) the magnamity to accept defeat in some thing you and me cannot do .
We cant make aeroplanes , computer ,mobiles let us accept it. As we cant speak the language of Mathematics.

It is honourable to accept your defeat or if you dont want to accept one then rise upto there challenge.

Bul chuk maf

No egos intended to be rubbed the wrong way

Just introspect and ponder

luv

SSAKAL

hps62:) :D :cool:

Sep 11, 2005
Jealousy , Ego and such type of Emotions are very necessary ....

Otherwise the progess and innovation in the world would come to a stand still .

Sep 11, 2005
We Know one thing ...

Go to a readymade Successful Environment , make money , then proudly say , religion is Great that's why we are successfull , then come to India and Boast ... Our Scientist and Engineers are inventing the Discovering(in reality we are Technocoolies :) ) , but these Evil people are put their labels.

Dec 8, 2005
dear brother

SSAKAL

Yes I realise the value of these emotion .
So let us harnass the power of these emotion in a + ve way by being Innovative in various fields of life.

luv

hps62:) :D

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM