• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

A Marriage Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExEc

SPNer
Feb 23, 2010
No offense, but I am more interested in your level of knowledge. There are some massive statements you have made, and I am keen to learn what is the basis for those statments.

From what I gather you have limited knowledge on Sikhism. Your judgements seemed to be informed by your fathers narrow view and some biggoted people you have met (yes there are biggoted Sikhs).

I do not think you are in any position to make a judgement or persuade your father on anything yet because your own knowledge is incomplete.

How can I challenge an Accountant when I do know how to count?

I say this not only about knowledge about Sikhism, but knowledge about life.

Your actions seems to be guided by what YOU want. Your wants and needs.Mun. Amongst the Sikhs (and Philosophers), self will.

You have not explored outwardly enough to make judgements, and yet you have asked us to make a jusgement on your relationship here.

You need to go and contemplate about what your actions are in this, not other peoples. Are you being guided by Egotism? Are you being guided by lust? What are your true motives? Are looking for justification for those motives?

Yep, but knowledge is incomplete. So is yours, maybe you're going the wrong way all together. Stop pointing out knowledge will you? It will just go against yourself and against my dads views.

Ofcourse, I'm not saying I have only met bad Sikhs. I've met a lot of good hearted Sikhs too. That goes for every other religion.

Ok, if you want to take up the path of making examples out of things like the "How can I challenge an Accountant when I do know how to count?"
How do you know that Sikhism is correct or why do you even believe in it, through out the human history there have been sooooo many religions.

Alright, I can simply say this. All of what you're saying is Satans work. Prove me wrong. Yes that is totally ridiculous but it makes sense. Whatever you say, I can simply say "Satan does it."

Look, he doesn't want to see things in my way. I've already asked many questions about Sikhism. As far as I know, I'm not going to gain any thing too important. I might as well read philosophy because all of the religions think that they are asking the deepest questions and have been given the best answers.

[SARCASM]What's driving me? Well, i'm driven by lust! I'm driven by selfishness! Because, you know I don't want to have a common ground for me and my father to stand on. All I want is things for myself, nope I don't care about my father at all. I won't be living with him anyway, why should I care? My girlfriend will never get to meet my parents and how lovely they are or vice-versa and that makes me happy! So yes, i'm real selfish.[/SARCASM]

Really Randip Singh ji...the only thing my father can come up with is "I don't want our religion to end" that's about it. Nothing more at all, I haven't had many girlfriends, well to be precise. I haven't been together with anyone else and both me and my girlfriend shared our bodies for the first time...with each other and no one else . I want to merry her, I want to her to meet my mother and my father. I want both of my parents to know that i've chosen the right one. Actually my mother believes in me...she is the only one.
He is willing to stand on his ground without even giving my girlfriend a chance...

I'm sorry but do you see where this is leading? Pull back and take a look, more than half of the comments have been about me trying to read about Sikhism.I've searched answers for my questions about Sikhism. And as far as I can tell, it's not going to help me in any way. Not many of them have been about my father.

Caspian

SPNer
Mar 7, 2008
Wow Caspian! The things you write are nearly as same as my thoughts. Thank you, for some reason it feels like you understand me quite well. Hmm, have you gone through the same situation?

I haven't "gone" through the same situation but I'm actually "going" through the same situation rite now lol :p. So yeah, I'm sure we understand one another quite well. If you plan on sticking around this group, feel free to update me with how it turns out for you :p. I plan to stay around so I can atleast provide an understanding voice for people like us.

ExEc

SPNer
Feb 23, 2010
Wow Caspian! The things you write are nearly as same as my thoughts. Thank you, for some reason it feels like you understand me quite well. Hmm, have you gone through the same situation?

I haven't "gone" through the same situation but I'm actually "going" through the same situation rite now lol :p. So yeah, I'm sure we understand one another quite well. If you plan on sticking around this group, feel free to update me with how it turns out for you :p. I plan to stay around so I can atleast provide an understanding voice for people like us.

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope it resolves itself and you, your partner and both families can be happy.
I'll be sure to update you on it. My mother can understand so I've got a person in my family that understands both my and my fathers situation. Hopefully, you have one as well.
I'll talk with my mother and I think she can find a way to help both me and my father. If she comes up with anything, i'll let you know.

I'm just trying to take everything slowly, it's quite unfair for everyone if I take hasty decisions. So i'll give my father some space to think and some for myself. So one day he'll maybe understand that he isn't losing anything. I've still got all of his teaching and i'll pass them on to my children in the future.

It feels good to know that someone can understand me. At the same time it feels horrible that someone has to go through the same situation. I would never wish anyone going through this kind of situation...or any other bad situation.

I think I've gotten everything I can get at the moment. Thank you everyone for helping me. Thank you for your time and replies, I appreciate all of them.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sorry to seem unsympathetic, ExEc ji, but do we want to share your intimate moments with a potential Internet audience of millions on a Sikh forum?

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Please could you tell me what books you have read on Sikhism? - Randip

In the passage you quoted. He said: "I haven't read any books about Sikhism, just some small passages if someone talks about them."

EDIT
No Problem, was just helping you out ;) will not "butt-in" any further.
Thought you might have missed the quote, thats all.

Sorry mate, I was a bit rude above.

Apologies. I didn't mean to be, but I was trying to be funny I think, but when I re-read, it was rude.:eek:

Sorry

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Yep, but knowledge is incomplete. So is yours, maybe you're going the wrong way all together. Stop pointing out knowledge will you? It will just go against yourself and against my dads views.

Wow Hold on.

You have a real nerve.:confused:

You come to this forum, basically for approval for YOUR actions and when your own shortcomings are pointed out you try and turn it?

That is not good behaviour and you certainly are not doing yourself any favours.

I do have issues with my father.
I do not have issues with Sikh beliefs.
I do not have issues with God.
I do not have issues with having an Atheist Girlfriend.

Ofcourse, I'm not saying I have only met bad Sikhs. I've met a lot of good hearted Sikhs too. That goes for every other religion.

Ok, if you want to take up the path of making examples out of things like the "How can I challenge an Accountant when I do know how to count?"
How do you know that Sikhism is correct or why do you even believe in it, through out the human history there have been sooooo many religions.

If I do not know how to count then how can I challenge it?

Here is news for you. Not only do I know how to count, I know how to do it to postgrad and beyond, in other words I have a deep understanding on many faiths, and a lot more than you from your own admission.

I do not know what religion is right, but I know what suits me because I have studied the major ones.

Wheras YOU (by your own admission) have studied none.

That puts me in a far better position than you.

Alright, I can simply say this. All of what you're saying is Satans work. Prove me wrong. Yes that is totally ridiculous but it makes sense. Whatever you say, I can simply say "Satan does it."

Err no.

Sikhism has no concept of Satan, and I do not believe in Satan. Satan in Sikhism, is used as a metaphor.

It is used as a metaphor to describe those that dwell in self.

Look, he doesn't want to see things in my way. I've already asked many questions about Sikhism. As far as I know, I'm not going to gain any thing too important. I might as well read philosophy because all of the religions think that they are asking the deepest questions and have been given the best answers.

Why should your father see things your way? What have YOU done in YOUR life for him to think...."aahh yes I should listen to my wise son?"

What's driving me? Well, i'm driven by lust! I'm driven by selfishness! Because, you know I don't want to have a common ground for me and my father to stand on. All I want is things for myself, nope I don't care about my father at all. I won't be living with him anyway, why should I care? My girlfriend will never get to meet my parents and how lovely they are or vice-versa and that makes me happy! So yes, i'm real selfish.

I don't do sarcasm, as it is the lowest form of humour. You are letting yourself down, no one else.

Really Randip Singh ji...the only thing my father can come up with is "I don't want our religion to end" that's about it. Nothing more at all, I haven't had many girlfriends, well to be precise. I haven't been together with anyone else and both me and my girlfriend shared our bodies for the first time...with each other and no one else . I want to merry her, I want to her to meet my mother and my father. I want both of my parents to know that i've chosen the right one. Actually my mother believes in me...she is the only one.
He is willing to stand on his ground without even giving my girlfriend a chance...

An interesting story my father told me. A mother is such a creature that if her child asked her, mother, will you cut off your arm for me, she will do it. The father is the one who will be there to tell her, stop!!!

Sounds as if you are manipulating your mothers love for you.

I'm sorry but do you see where this is leading? Pull back and take a look, more than half of the comments have been about me trying to read about Sikhism.I've searched answers for my questions about Sikhism. And as far as I can tell, it's not going to help me in any way. Not many of them have been about my father.

I do not really care whether you read about Sikhism or not, but I am trying to gain an insight into you as a human being, and all I am hearing is:

- I want this.
- he won't listen to ME
-what about MY feelings.
-only Caspian understands ME.
-My mother understands ME.

Your father hasn't come on this forum, so why should I judge him? Also how can you judge me, you have absolutely no knowledge about me, whereas other forums members here know me very well.

If you are seeking approval, then show us your mettle, and show us what you are made of.

Tell us why you deserve this woman?
Tell us why your father (or anyone else ) should listen to you?
Tell us what you gives an insight into people like me?
Tell us what you know about life and relationships?
Tell us what you know about psychology, love and the super ego?
Tell us what you define as a "good" person?

This is not a childs forum (like sikhsangat etc), but a forum who's mods are academics, thinkers and philosophers first and foremost, and Sikhs second.:welcome:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
Dear Everyone ji,

I ask your forgiveness in advance; I feel the need to say this, though.

EXEC says:Really Randip Singh ji...the only thing my father can come up with is "I don't want our religion to end" that's about it. Nothing more at all, I haven't had many girlfriends, well to be precise. I haven't been together with anyone else and both me and my girlfriend shared our bodies for the first time...with each other and no one else . I want to merry her, I want to her to meet my mother and my father. I want both of my parents to know that i've chosen the right one.

It seems you have already made merry with the young lady. Might I suggest that you are trying to say that you want to marry her??

ExEc

SPNer
Feb 23, 2010
Wow Hold on.

You have a real nerve.:confused:

You come to this forum, basically for approval for YOUR actions and when your own shortcomings are pointed out you try and turn it?

That is not good behaviour and you certainly are not doing yourself any favours.

I do have issues with my father.
I do not have issues with Sikh beliefs.
I do not have issues with God.
I do not have issues with having an Atheist Girlfriend.

I came here to talk ask about how I can make him happy. If there is anything in the religion that points out that if we feel happy with a person then it shouldn't matter the religion. I'm not here to be told that I have lower knowledge just because I don't study the religion my father believes in.
Did I ever write that I have problems with my fathers knowledge? No, also he doesn't even care if I've got knowledge on a subject more than him. I'm not going to out do my father knowledge. Basically because he won't listen to me even if I have a point.
If you think religion is knowledge then so be it. That's why it gets on my nerves so much. Let's stop talking about it, I've got more problems as it is and I don't want to spend my time arguing over internet. And, no I don't need any self esteem boost. That's not what I want at the moment.

If I do not know how to count then how can I challenge it?

Here is news for you. Not only do I know how to count, I know how to do it to postgrad and beyond, in other words I have a deep understanding on many faiths, and a lot more than you from your own admission.

I do not know what religion is right, but I know what suits me because I have studied the major ones.

Wheras YOU (by your own admission) have studied none.

That puts me in a far better position than you.

On the subject of religions, yes it does put you in better position. I have studied the major religions as well but not fully because half way through they made no sense and went completly against them self on their own sayings.
Yes, It actually does put you in a better position if you want to talk deeper about a religion. That's why I actually didn't want to continue talking about it, because I don't know much about Sikhism. That's why I'm not criticizing Sikhism at any point.

Knowledge about religion is only going to put you in better position if we're talking about religion, nothing more. I was asking if I can help my dad accepting the marriage in some way so it doesn't make him feel that I completely ignore his views. Not comparing how much any of us knew about religion. If you want to think you're better at religions than me then be it. I don't really care about that at all, it's none of my business. You don't have to tell me to study Sikhism because that's not going to do any good for me.

By the way, Good that Sikhism suits you best. The only down side is that God doesn't seem to make up his mind on which religion is totally correct. So you're out of luck if you reach "heaven" and it turns out you should have chosen Christianity and not follow any other religion . In other words, you don't know if God agrees with your choice. So it's a good thing you can "count" and "beyond" in this life time.

You seem like a really nice person and I don't want to go into this subject deeper.

I'm just going to leave this one alone now.

Err no.

Sikhism has no concept of Satan, and I do not believe in Satan. Satan in Sikhism, is used as a metaphor.

It is used as a metaphor to describe those that dwell in self.

If you know Christianity (as you've already stated that you've studied major religions) well Sikhism is the work of Satan. That was the answer to your "knowledge" sentence.

Why should your father see things your way? What have YOU done in YOUR life for him to think...."aahh yes I should listen to my wise son?"

I don't expect him to see things my way. Like I wrote before, I only wanted him to be happy in some way so he doesn't feel like i'm completely ignoring his views.
If I wanted him to see things my way, I would tell him to stop talking about religion whenever he tells me how some things are "unexplainable". I could simply say stop to him and answer him. But I don't do that. I don't want him to think I'm ignoring everything he says, I don't disrespect my father like that.

I don't do sarcasm, as it is the lowest form of humour. You are letting yourself down, no one else.

It's mostly because the "what drives you" sounded very low to me. I can understand when you say I should look into that carefully but did you ever ask me about my relationship with my girlfriend and why we are in love? It looked like you were judging without asking. So I answered it in a humorous way.

An interesting story my father told me. A mother is such a creature that if her child asked her, mother, will you cut off your arm for me, she will do it. The father is the one who will be there to tell her, stop!!!

Sounds as if you are manipulating your mothers love for you.

I do not really care whether you read about Sikhism or not, but I am trying to gain an insight into you as a human being, and all I am hearing is:

- I want this.
- he won't listen to ME
-what about MY feelings.
-only Caspian understands ME.
-My mother understands ME.

Your father hasn't come on this forum, so why should I judge him? Also how can you judge me, you have absolutely no knowledge about me, whereas other forums members here know me very well.

If you are seeking approval, then show us your mettle, and show us what you are made of.

Tell us why you deserve this woman?
Tell us why your father (or anyone else ) should listen to you?
Tell us what you gives an insight into people like me?
Tell us what you know about life and relationships?
Tell us what you know about psychology, love and the super ego?
Tell us what you define as a "good" person?

This is not a childs forum (like sikhsangat etc), but a forum who's mods are academics, thinkers and philosophers first and foremost, and Sikhs second.

I like stories, mostly because they love to point out something that will make kids happy. I hope we're a happy kid when you heard it. I can tell you a story.

Once upon a time in Africa people found a unicorn that they rode around the world.

So remember, unicorns will be always there for you.

What i'm trying to say is, why would you want to tell me a story that points out that father will save you? There are stories about how much a mother loves their children and would do anything for them.

- I want this. <-- because I would like to marry a person I've loved and been with for a long time.

- he won't listen to ME <-- Yes he doesn't but I still like to listen to him. I don't know if it's fair or not but I haven't talked with him a lot about this subject because he always tells me that i'm stupid.

-what about MY feelings. <-- Yes, I care about his feelings why should he care about mine?

-only Caspian understands ME. <-- Yes, because he is going through the same thing as I am. His words spoke to me directly, he didn't even write that much and I had so many thoughts resolved. Do I even need to write anymore?

-My mother understands ME. <-- If you ONLY knew what she has done you wouldn't even include this one. You would personally want to pay her your respect if you knew what she has went through.

Yes, I can't judge you. That's what i'm not doing, but when you include that religion is knowledge, I just find it hard to accept that. Good that everyone knows you, but I don't see the point why you're telling me that. umm..congratulations? I have no clue what I should write here.

Tell us why you deserve this woman? <-- I'm not going to go into that, it involves a lot of personal things. I'd rather not share that.

Tell us why your father (or anyone else ) should listen to you? <-- So he can at least give a human being a chance (my girlfriend). For the "everyone else" it's basically up to anyone if they want to listen or not.

Tell us what you gives an insight into people like me? <-- Well...I'm not judging you in any way. I don't know you and I don't have any insights about you. What exactly do you mean by "people like me"?

Tell us what you know about life and relationships? <-- There are a lot of personal details I need to go into. I don't really want to go into that.

Tell us what you know about psychology, love and the super ego? <-- hmm, Well the word "love" is for anyone to experience. In evolutionary terms it's different and in psychology it's different. If you want an Essay about love in psychological term, I can write one. Yes, I do know about super ego. The thing is, I don't totally agree with psychology. Some of the things in psychology are based around weak structures. Short and simple. And please don't make this discussion longer and more out of point than it already is, by asking me more about psychology.

Tell us what you define as a "good" person? <-- Good person? I can't, people take actions differently. Sometimes it might be good for you and bad for others or the other way around. If you're going for "so what makes you think that God would think you're a good person?" well, that's up to God.
Easiest example is Christianity, If you don't follow that religion or haven't been baptized you're going to hell. If God wants to do that then be it. I don't really mind God taking decisions after my death. I'll try to be a good person here on earth and make sure everyone are happy. Which leads me to the question I originally asked before we went off subject. I want my father happy and I want my girlfriend happy. If my father isn't happy, my mother isn't happy and nor am I. My girlfriend doesn't share much thoughts on this subject, she feels bad and thinks I might have to leave her. All she wants is for me to stay with her and so do I. I want to care for both...my father and my girlfriend. No, i'm not comparing them in any way.

Please, can we just stop? I don't really feel like arguing over internet and specially about how much I know about Sikhism, because like i stated before I don't know anything. That's why I asked if there is anything stated in the Guru Granth Sahib that might help me and my father resolve this. All the teachings i've gotten of Sikhism is through when religious channel read the guru granth sahib. I don't really call that "understanding" unless I understand and comprehend every single word. Yes, I do understand what they are talking about in guru granth sahib but I don't agree with all of the things it states.

That's all the info and reply I can give you. Yes, I know i'm being a arrogant with my replies. I just don't want to continue writing about religion anymore. And no, that's not how I talk with my dad. I would never do that. It just gets on my nerves whenever people try to say that religion is knowledge...no one knows for sure if it is or not. It's up to them to decide, but don't ask me that question please. I'm asking you this as kindly as possible. Please don't continue on that subject.

ExEc

SPNer
Feb 23, 2010
Dear Everyone ji,

I ask your forgiveness in advance; I feel the need to say this, though.

It seems you have already made merry with the young lady. Might I suggest that you are trying to say that you want to marry her??

No need to ask for forgiveness, that just makes me like i'm an idiot. There's no need to say sorry about anything. But I do need to thank you for asking me something that is related to the subject.

No, I haven't married her yet, but i want to marry her.

Please don't ask for forgiveness at any point, there's no need for that. You haven't done anything, just a simple question that you asked/error you pointed out.

Caspian

SPNer
Mar 7, 2008
I'm curious now (Putting ExEc's situation aside) can a sikh (man or women) marry a person from a different faith (or no faith) without forced conversion on either side? Cuz I dont think that question has been addressed in this thread. I'm aware that the Guru Granth Sahib is not a rule book, but is the above situation justifiable in Sikhism? Or is it against the general principles of Sikhism? (if the question has been addressed anywhere else in a different thread, feel free to link me to it :p).

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
I came here to talk ask about how I can make him happy. If there is anything in the religion that points out that if we feel happy with a person then it shouldn't matter the religion. I'm not here to be told that I have lower knowledge just because I don't study the religion my father believes in.

But you said this:

"Knowledge about religion is only going to put you in better position if we're talking about religion, nothing more"

Your mind is closed.

Did I ever write that I have problems with my fathers knowledge? No, also he doesn't even care if I've got knowledge on a subject more than him. I'm not going to out do my father knowledge. Basically because he won't listen to me even if I have a point.

Why should he listen to you? You keep dodging the question?

If you think religion is knowledge then so be it. That's why it gets on my nerves so much. Let's stop talking about it, I've got more problems as it is and I don't want to spend my time arguing over internet. And, no I don't need any self esteem boost. That's not what I want at the moment..

I don't think anything.

You came here looking for something in Sikhism, to basically help you with your dilemma.

You have not found what you were looking for instead people are asking you to look at yourself. From what you are writing you do not like that.

On the subject of religions, yes it does put you in better position. I have studied the major religions as well but not fully because half way through they made no sense and went completly against them self on their own sayings.

What books have you read?

What authors? What made you come to this conclusion?

Do not dodge the question as you keep doing.;)

Yes, It actually does put you in a better position if you want to talk deeper about a religion. That's why I actually didn't want to continue talking about it, because I don't know much about Sikhism. That's why I'm not criticizing Sikhism at any point.

To coin my nephews phrase "You Fail". You have comletely missed what Tejinder Singh posted above.

Knowledge about religion is only going to put you in better position if we're talking about religion, nothing more.

Again. "You Fail".:yes:

I was asking if I can help my dad accepting the marriage in some way so it doesn't make him feel that I completely ignore his views. Not comparing how much any of us knew about religion. If you want to think you're better at religions than me then be it. I don't really care about that at all, it's none of my business. You don't have to tell me to study Sikhism because that's not going to do any good for me.

How can you you on the one hand say you do not want to ignore his view when you have made zero attempt to understand it?

By the way, Good that Sikhism suits you best. The only down side is that God doesn't seem to make up his mind on which religion is totally correct. So you're out of luck if you reach "heaven" and it turns out you should have chosen Christianity and not follow any other religion . In other words, you don't know if God agrees with your choice. So it's a good thing you can "count" and "beyond" in this life time..

No. Sikhism says all paths are fine.

You seem like a really nice person and I don't want to go into this subject deeper.

You do not know me and you won't when you read on.

If you know Christianity (as you've already stated that you've studied major religions) well Sikhism is the work of Satan. That was the answer to your "knowledge" sentence.

Thats a matter of opinion. There are many branches of Chtistianity and there are many theological views. This is a very simplistic view and shows your lack of understanding of other faiths too.

I don't expect him to see things my way. Like I wrote before, I only wanted him to be happy in some way so he doesn't feel like i'm completely ignoring his views.

You want him to be be happy, or you wish to ease YOUR conscience?

If I wanted him to see things my way, I would tell him to stop talking about religion whenever he tells me how some things are "unexplainable". I could simply say stop to him and answer him. But I don't do that. I don't want him to think I'm ignoring everything he says, I don't disrespect my father like that.

No offence but YOUR views make absolutely no sense because you yourself do not know what you want, so why should he see things YOUR way?

It's mostly because the "what drives you" sounded very low to me. I can understand when you say I should look into that carefully but did you ever ask me about my relationship with my girlfriend and why we are in love? It looked like you were judging without asking. So I answered it in a humorous way.

Are you in Love? What do you know about Love?

I like stories, mostly because they love to point out something that will make kids happy. I hope we're a happy kid when you heard it. I can tell you a story.

Once upon a time in Africa people found a unicorn that they rode around the world.

So remember, unicorns will be always there for you.

What i'm trying to say is, why would you want to tell me a story that points out that father will save you? There are stories about how much a mother loves their children and would do anything for them.

OK STOP!

Do not try to be CUTE or clever with me on this forum.:mad:

- I want this. <-- because I would like to marry a person I've loved and been with for a long time.

- he won't listen to ME <-- Yes he doesn't but I still like to listen to him. I don't know if it's fair or not but I haven't talked with him a lot about this subject because he always tells me that i'm stupid.

-what about MY feelings. <-- Yes, I care about his feelings why should he care about mine?

-only Caspian understands ME. <-- Yes, because he is going through the same thing as I am. His words spoke to me directly, he didn't even write that much and I had so many thoughts resolved. Do I even need to write anymore?

-My mother understands ME. <-- If you ONLY knew what she has done you wouldn't even include this one. You would personally want to pay her your respect if you knew what she has went through.

Err those were not questions to be answered.

They were points that ALL you do is focus on YOU.

You are very self centred.

Yes, I can't judge you. That's what i'm not doing, but when you include that religion is knowledge, I just find it hard to accept that. Good that everyone knows you, but I don't see the point why you're telling me that. umm..congratulations? I have no clue what I should write here.

Ok, let me spell this out. Don't try and be clever or sarcastic with me.

You have aired your dirty linen here for all to see, and yet you seem to think you can form and opinion on people here, you can't.

Tell us why you deserve this woman? <-- I'm not going to go into that, it involves a lot of personal things. I'd rather not share that.

Classic question dodge, considering you have told us you lost your visginity to her. The question is about YOU. Not her.

Tell us why your father (or anyone else ) should listen to you? <-- So he can at least give a human being a chance (my girlfriend). For the "everyone else" it's basically up to anyone if they want to listen or not.

There are billions of the humans on this planet. Why should he listen to you?

Tell us what you gives an insight into people like me? <-- Well...I'm not judging you in any way. I don't know you and I don't have any insights about you. What exactly do you mean by "people like me"?

All you posts are highly judgemental.

Tell us what you know about life and relationships? <-- There are a lot of personal details I need to go into. I don't really want to go into that.

In other words nothing. You know the physical side. Have you ever read Twelfth Night?

Tell us what you know about psychology, love and the super ego? <-- hmm, Well the word "love" is for anyone to experience. In evolutionary terms it's different and in psychology it's different. If you want an Essay about love in psychological term, I can write one. Yes, I do know about super ego. The thing is, I don't totally agree with psychology. Some of the things in psychology are based around weak structures. Short and simple. And please don't make this discussion longer and more out of point than it already is, by asking me more about psychology..

Don't DODGE the question. Tell me what you know. You have told me nothing but pure waffle.

Tell us what you define as a "good" person? <-- Good person? I can't, people take actions differently. Sometimes it might be good for you and bad for others or the other way around. If you're going for "so what makes you think that God would think you're a good person?" well, that's up to God.
Easiest example is Christianity, If you don't follow that religion or haven't been baptized you're going to hell. If God wants to do that then be it. I don't really mind God taking decisions after my death. I'll try to be a good person here on earth and make sure everyone are happy. Which leads me to the question I originally asked before we went off subject. I want my father happy and I want my girlfriend happy. If my father isn't happy, my mother isn't happy and nor am I. My girlfriend doesn't share much thoughts on this subject, she feels bad and thinks I might have to leave her. All she wants is for me to stay with her and so do I. I want to care for both...my father and my girlfriend. No, i'm not comparing them in any way.

Thats not what I asked. I didn't aske about religion but what makes YOU think YOU are a good person, because tto me a self centered person (which you are), is pretty evil.

Please, can we just stop? I don't really feel like arguing over internet and specially about how much I know about Sikhism, because like i stated before I don't know anything. That's why I asked if there is anything stated in the Guru Granth Sahib that might help me and my father resolve this. All the teachings i've gotten of Sikhism is through when religious channel read the guru granth sahib. I don't really call that "understanding" unless I understand and comprehend every single word. Yes, I do understand what they are talking about in guru granth sahib but I don't agree with all of the things it states.

WE are going round in circles. Guru Granth Sahib, isn't an a la carte menu you just dip into and choose something you like. You must understand it and live it.

"Higher than Truth is Truthful Living"

That's all the info and reply I can give you. Yes, I know i'm being a arrogant with my replies. I just don't want to continue writing about religion anymore. And no, that's not how I talk with my dad. I would never do that. It just gets on my nerves whenever people try to say that religion is knowledge...no one knows for sure if it is or not. It's up to them to decide, but don't ask me that question please. I'm asking you this as kindly as possible. Please don't continue on that subject.

Well you can leave the form, the choice is yours.

If you continue to write such self centred, self indulgent, "what about me me me" posts then you will be questioned.

You suffer from a malady that people have suffered since the time of evolution. "Me-ism". The solution is in the mirror.:rolleyes:

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
Exex ji,

What a sticky one. Narayan jot ji, is correct when she says that it is hard to advise you.
I feel I must first remind you that I'm a white English man and so my cultural identity is not Indian nor Punjabi and my views stem from such, in the interest of fairness and discloser I tell you this.

I would ask you to consider this. At what age should a person be free of the identity of their parents and responsible for making their own choices?

I don't know your dad, so you'll be the only one able to answer this. What is his likely response if you disobey him in this? How long is he likely to keep such a response up?

My wife was 17 when she movedd out of her perantial home and moved in with me, two years later we where married. Niether her mother nor her father liked that very much at all, and it took alomst two years for her mum to start to talk to her again(her dad moved out of the country so his opinion mattered not to my wife).

Now we celebrate 20 years of marrige come this summer, and her mother can see for herself that all of the fears she initialy had about me, and her daughter moving in with me and ultimatly marriing me where unfounded.

In short, time heals, but only you can ascertian whether this is worth the risk for you. As you have asked, and as one human to another I hope this helps you in your desicion. Good luck my freind.

ExEc

SPNer
Feb 23, 2010
Exex ji,

What a sticky one. Narayan jot ji, is correct when she says that it is hard to advise you.
I feel I must first remind you that I'm a white English man and so my cultural identity is not Indian nor Punjabi and my views stem from such, in the interest of fairness and discloser I tell you this.

I would ask you to consider this. At what age should a person be free of the identity of their parents and responsible for making their own choices?

I don't know your dad, so you'll be the only one able to answer this. What is his likely response if you disobey him in this? How long is he likely to keep such a response up?

My wife was 17 when she movedd out of her perantial home and moved in with me, two years later we where married. Niether her mother nor her father liked that very much at all, and it took alomst two years for her mum to start to talk to her again(her dad moved out of the country so his opinion mattered not to my wife).

Now we celebrate 20 years of marrige come this summer, and her mother can see for herself that all of the fears she initialy had about me, and her daughter moving in with me and ultimatly marriing me where unfounded.

In short, time heals, but only you can ascertian whether this is worth the risk for you. As you have asked, and as one human to another I hope this helps you in your desicion. Good luck my freind.

Thank you Lee, That's a really warm answer. Good thing everything worked out for you and your wife. The thing is, I'm first and foremost looking for a way that both me and my dad would agree upon. That's why I came here. Even thought my father asks me for help in a lot of things. He still says i'm not old enough to make my own decisions...specially big ones. My mother knows that i'm old enough, but my father doesn't think so. He says that I don't have a lot of life experience. In my view, even a child can have a lot more life experience. As long as the child has been in a lot of situations and has the understanding and grasp over them. Everyone looks things in different way.

Yet, his way of thinking isn't like that. I'm sure he has a good reason to think that way, but I haven't seen any so far. Neither has my mother. Even if my mother has same thinking as my dad. She understands because she understands people. He is more of a closed inside person and my mother is more of a know everyone person. My father can't see outside of the box all the time, while my mother looks outside of the box more often. She even surprises me with her answers. That's the information i've gathered so far.

His response is "If you do that, i'll do this". I respect his opinion but that's just forcing things on to me and everyone else(mother and girlfriend). He is a really peaceful person. That's why I don't want to make a move that will upset him. He is old, I don't want to cause any damage to his mental health. It will also cause damage to his body.

Thank you for your answer Lee. I appreciate it a lot. If time heals everything, I think my mother might be able to help me out. She can hopefully take care of my father. Even thought she has some issues with me marrying my girlfriend, my mother understands. She has been forced into things before that didn't turnout all that good. That's why she understands my choice.

Undue negativity directed at another forum member. Deleted by Narayanjot Kaur

Your mind is closed.

I don't think anything.

You came here looking for something in Sikhism, to basically help you with your dilemma.

You have not found what you were looking for instead people are asking you to look at yourself. From what you are writing you do not like that.

Do not dodge the question as you keep doing.;)

To coin my nephews phrase "You Fail". You have comletely missed what Tejinder Singh posted above.

Again. "You Fail".:yes:

How can you you on the one hand say you do not want to ignore his view when you have made zero attempt to understand it?

Thats a matter of opinion. There are many branches of Chtistianity and there are many theological views. This is a very simplistic view and shows your lack of understanding of other faiths too.

No offence but YOUR views make absolutely no sense because you yourself do not know what you want, so why should he see things YOUR way?

OK STOP!

Do not try to be CUTE or clever with me on this forum.:mad:

You have aired your dirty linen here for all to see, and yet you seem to think you can form and opinion on people here, you can't.

Classic question dodge, considering you have told us you lost your visginity to her. The question is about YOU. Not her.

In other words nothing. You know the physical side. Have you ever read Twelfth Night?

Don't DODGE the question. Tell me what you know. You have told me nothing but pure waffle.

Thats not what I asked. I didn't aske about religion but what makes YOU think YOU are a good person, because tto me a self centered person (which you are), is pretty evil.

WE are going round in circles. Guru Granth Sahib, isn't an a la carte menu you just dip into and choose something you like. You must understand it and live it.

If you continue to write such self centred, self indulgent, "what about me me me" posts then you will be questioned.

You suffer from a malady that people have suffered since the time of evolution. "Me-ism". The solution is in the mirror.:rolleyes:

Your mind is closed.
Thanks, Now I know that. Now I know all of the problems and how to solve them THANK YOU SO MUCH! oh wait, you don't know me and i refuse to answer your questions. So that means you don't know me. Even those I answer, i answer with sarcasm and don't take you seriously at all.

Can you read? I wrote several times, I don't expect him to listen to me because he hasn't ever done that. If I can find something in Guru Granth Sahib that actually helps me AND him come to a better conclusion, than "I'll leave" then I we can finally understand each other on the subject of marriage. How many times should I write it? Yes, I keep dodging your questions because I can see how you're "helping" at the moment.
To me it just looks like you're trying to find problems in me, which I accept I have but you don't know which ones and maybe not even me.
You're not doing anything to make the situation any better. I won't ever answer your questions.

I don't think anything.

Umm, you've been talking about knowledge through religion and you're the only one that is actually telling me to look at myself. Yes, I don't like it because I don't totally agree with a lot of the things in Sikhism. I'm not going to conclude my judgment because I don't know enough about it. Also I use a lot of examples that relate to other religions while you stick with Sikhism as only example. I don't mind but you're just forcing me even more and more into Sikhism. Stop doing that, I'm not going to listen to you.

Do not dodge the question as you keep doing.
wink.gif
Oh yes I will dodge the question. You can't do anything about it, so just let it go. What books? Mostly through school. Most of them translated into English, old testament, new testament, Qur'an, Ramayana and some other Hinduism books and a little about Buddhism. I think you can figure out the authors for yourself. I'm going to let this one alone. I'm not going to go back to this one even if you ask me ever again.

Nice one, now let your nephew teach you how to read sentences more carefully.

Again. "You Fail".
yes3.gif
I wish I knew how it feels like to say you fail...hmm oh wait you actually do fail. I'm trying to talk as a human. As in, no religion. Only thing I'm asking is if me and my father can actually come to a common stand, even thought we have different views. How many times have I written that?

He usually tends to raise his voice and starts to shout at me. So I don't get any chances to finish up. So yes, I have made attempts but I don't do that because I don't want him to get angry.

I know that, but Christianity says their path is the only true path. Any other are work of the devil. Do you see the conflict there?
I'll just stop talking about this one too.

Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by ExEc
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Nice judgment. I thought you didn't judge? I still think you're a nice person. You can't change my views unless you do something drastic. I haven't seen anything like that so, no, I'm not changing my views.
Btw, you wrote fail twice. If I use those two words, this whole post would be nothing more than "You fail"s.

OH no! How could you? How did you find out I lack understanding of other faiths? ahh! I can't hide anymore. I better run for it! Oh...just a minute, what's this?
"Exodus 20:3 - Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
"Jesus - No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6, NIV)"
"Exodus 34:14, God says, "Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God."

In other words, Jesus is only in Christianity and the real "God" is only in Bible. There are a few other quotes that I can't find from Bible. They say that every other religion is work of the devil. If you've got logic then it says you're wrong.
Who has the lack of understand of other faiths?
Christianity is too easy to pick on, I can pick others but am I here to argue with you over my knowledge of religions? No.
Stop asking me of this. You've been going out of subject so many times It's so unbelievable! Why can't you just stay on the subject and leave the whole religion thing behind?
I'm not going to answer you on this anymore.

Here's logic for you. If I ease his thoughts then I ease mine, my mothers and my girlfriends. Stop asking me this, you've just shown me you don't know me at all. I've written so many times and yet you still don't understand any of my words.
I'm going to stop answering your questions. You just go ahead and believe whatever you want if it makes you happy.

Nope, I have absolutely no clue what I want. Wait, never mind, I do know what I want. That's why people who understand me give a reasonable answer unlike you. I'm not going to discuss any more with you. It looks like you have no understanding about my situation. Even if you did, you don't show any. So i'm taking a wild guess that you haven't been in this situation. And now, i'm only going to give you sarcastic answers.

Please teacher, I don't know anything about Love. Tell me more what Love is. You're the only person in this whole world that knows what love is. Hopefully you can write about Love with words because a lot of people have tried and not succeeded.

OK STOP!

Do not try to be CUTE or clever with me on this forum.
mad.gif
OK STOP EVERYONE! No one should be clever on this forum! Throw your brains out of window! Don't ever try to be cute! This guy has some awesome knowledge which he can use to easily judge you! Run away!

Oh look! Just because I used the word ME it makes me self centered! Maybe we should remove the word ME from English and it will magically make everyone care for each other. It will definitely remove the word "self centered" too!
If I use a word, doesn't mean you can judge me. Maybe your nephew can teach you about that too. If I pointed out how many comments that you've written judge me, all of this message would be filled with "You f...never mind.

STOP BEING CLEVER PEOPLE! How many times should I write it out? This guy doesn't want anyone else being smarter! Don't try any jokes either, because if he doesn't get your jokes that have meaning behind them, it makes him feel he is being left out!

Umm, teacher? I think dirty line would be if I put in swear words in my sentences.

Opinion on people? Teacher look! Some people do actually understand me! Wait, I should say that because I don't have the freedom of choice. Choice to form an opinion. Don't take that away teacher please! I beg you!

Oh please teacher! I don't want to get into personal details, because it's none of your business. AND it doesn't seem like you're going to use them in the right way. Oh, you're going to force me to answer that? Well, yes I did lose my virginity but is that all? No, Here's how it is. IIIII'll tell you what I want, what i really really want. I wanna, uh, I wanna. Seriously, I'm not going to answer you.

Sorry what? I need a hearing aid. I think I have hard time LISTENING TO YOU.

No, yours are. Please don't tell me to point each and every one of them out for you. Teacher, can you do some homework yourself please?

Oh teacher, I was reading this book called Twilight. It was about vampires and It's awesome! It tells you that you should treat your girlfriend like a broom! Use it and ignore it! Oh, you been reading The game? It's awesome! It tells you about women! No? They seem completely useless to you to form an opinion on the outside world? Why? Oh, no one in the whole world are the same? They think differently? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
Btw, I didn't continue reading those books. I couldn't stand them.

I like waffles, do you like waffles? I would love to meet up and eat some waffles! How about 12 o clock on Monday?

Yes! Finally someone figured me out! I AM a self centered person! I mean really! I've been asking how to damage my father beliefs! Not how to help us both! This guy judges me perfectly! Teacher said he doesn't judge and also told me that I can't have an opinion on people while HE DOES IT HIMSELF!
Oh teacher, When you will learn :8-:)

Did you just dip in and take out a quote? That just went against yourself? Oh wait, maybe you didn't jump in and take out a line. You can't be THAT...err...what's the word...stup....hmm nah never mind you simply couldn't have done that.
Oh teacher, did you just tell me I shouldn't judge it while I wrote, I'm not finalizing my judgment on Sikhism? I didn't do that teacher! Really! But why are you suggesting that I should understand it?(read) and Live it (live as a sikh). Didn't I already tell you I'm not going to do that teacher? Oh sorry forgive me! I'm not going to be smart!

You suffer from a malady that people have suffered since the time of evolution. "Me-ism". The solution is in the mirror.
rolleyes.gif
Oh teacher, Why would I leave without replying to your questions that don't help me at all? Wait, maybe that is a good idea. Here is a thing we can all agree upon. You leave this thread, stop asking me questions and stop answering my replies.

Yes, I do suffer from "Me-ism" because oh...I don't know...this thread is about ME and MY father. What you suffer from is something i've found out while reading your posts. The "You-ism".
OH teacher! How can you only form questions with YOU in them? You've written so many of them! While others comments like Caspian and Lee are about them selfs as well as me? Oh teacher, please you're not helping at all.

Why don't you leave this thread? I don't see how you can help me while you haven't done that with any post so far.

Btw, you've lowered yourself to my level when i'm like this with the "you fail". Very nicely done! I'll truly get help from a guy that can actually lower them selfs to others.

If you're willing to just stop writing, i'll stop replying you with sarcastic answers. It's easy to think that way isn't it? Hope you have a good day/night sir.

"knowledge is your friend" I hope you take your own advise and stop "wasting" your "knowledge" here. It's not going to help.

Bye, bye!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Quoted from ExEc ji

"Oh teacher, Why would I leave without replying to your questions that don't help me at all? Wait, maybe that is a good idea. Here is a thing we can all agree upon. You leave this thread, stop asking me questions and stop answering my replies."

ExEc ji

As we say in the US, Those are the breaks! Sometimes in life we are greeted with warmth and sometimes someone gives us a cold shower. When you share personal information on any Internet forum you have to be prepared for the results. You are not the only person this has ever happened to here at SPN, and you will not be the last either. There is simply no way to stop anyone, Randip ji or anyone else, from asking questions or reacting to your replies. If that were possible, this wouldn't be a forum, and you would be conducting a monologue, talking only to yourself. Keeping personal issues and questions private is the only sure-fire way I know of to avoid the "unpleasant" response. And that is true in the workplace, at social gatherings, among sangat, around the dinner table in the heart of the family. That's life. You are just going to have to tough it out.

ExEc

SPNer
Feb 23, 2010
Quoted from ExEc ji

"Oh teacher, Why would I leave without replying to your questions that don't help me at all? Wait, maybe that is a good idea. Here is a thing we can all agree upon. You leave this thread, stop asking me questions and stop answering my replies."

ExEc ji

As we say in the US, Those are the breaks! Sometimes in life we are greeted with warmth and sometimes someone gives us a cold shower. When you share personal information on any Internet forum you have to be prepared for the results. You are not the only person this has ever happened to here at SPN, and you will not be the last either. There is simply no way to stop anyone, Randip ji or anyone else, from asking questions or reacting to your replies. If that were possible, this wouldn't be a forum, and you would be conducting a monologue, talking only to yourself. Keeping personal issues and questions private is the only sure-fire way I know of to avoid the "unpleasant" response. And that is true in the workplace, at social gatherings, among sangat, around the dinner table in the heart of the family. That's life.

Narayanjot Kaur-ji

Thank you for your reply.

It's quite late here and i'm really exhausted. Are you're telling me I should share personal information or are you suggesting I shouldn't share personal information? I'm sorry, I just didn't understand some of the things you wrote. And i'm sorry that I can't share my personal information. There are a lot of details and unpleasant things that I feel uncomfortable writing about. I had a hard time explaining things for my girlfriend, it took a long time.
I hope you can understand- It's understandable that people would have hard time helping me without any information. But if someone has experienced something similar, they would share what they did in this type of situation. Like Lee and Caspian.

Thank you again, and i'm sorry if I seem like a complete idiot to you. I just behave that way towards people that start with things that are completely unrelated and mocking someones knowledge without knowing what the other person knows.

I hope I didn't offend anyone except the person I replied to before.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
ExEc

No, I am saying you should only share personal information if you are ready for the consequences that follow for doing it. Why did you post your story to begin with? What did you think would happen?

When you wrote about your relationship with your father, that was sharing personal information. Same regarding your girlfriend, or even your mother. There is no way to predict how other people will react, and you will not like everything you are going to hear/read on an Internet forum. That is the nature of Internet forums. That is life!

So what are your choices? (1) Don't share personal information such as your dilemma with your father; or (2) Share all of that information, your feelings, emotions and experiences, but understand that not everyone will feel they must provide a sympathetic reply.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Thank you Lee, That's a really warm answer. Good thing everything worked out for you and your wife. The thing is, I'm first and foremost looking for a way that both me and my dad would agree upon. That's why I came here. Even thought my father asks me for help in a lot of things. He still says i'm not old enough to make my own decisions...specially big ones. My mother knows that i'm old enough, but my father doesn't think so. He says that I don't have a lot of life experience. In my view, even a child can have a lot more life experience. As long as the child has been in a lot of situations and has the understanding and grasp over them. Everyone looks things in different way.

Yet, his way of thinking isn't like that. I'm sure he has a good reason to think that way, but I haven't seen any so far. Neither has my mother. Even if my mother has same thinking as my dad. She understands because she understands people. He is more of a closed inside person and my mother is more of a know everyone person. My father can't see outside of the box all the time, while my mother looks outside of the box more often. She even surprises me with her answers. That's the information i've gathered so far.

His response is "If you do that, i'll do this". I respect his opinion but that's just forcing things on to me and everyone else(mother and girlfriend). He is a really peaceful person. That's why I don't want to make a move that will upset him. He is old, I don't want to cause any damage to his mental health. It will also cause damage to his body.

Thank you for your answer Lee. I appreciate it a lot. If time heals everything, I think my mother might be able to help me out. She can hopefully take care of my father. Even thought she has some issues with me marrying my girlfriend, my mother understands. She has been forced into things before that didn't turnout all that good. That's why she understands my choice.

Undue negativity directed at another forum member. Deleted by Narayanjot Kaur

Thanks, Now I know that. Now I know all of the problems and how to solve them THANK YOU SO MUCH! oh wait, you don't know me and i refuse to answer your questions. So that means you don't know me. Even those I answer, i answer with sarcasm and don't take you seriously at all.

Can you read? I wrote several times, I don't expect him to listen to me because he hasn't ever done that. If I can find something in Guru Granth Sahib that actually helps me AND him come to a better conclusion, than "I'll leave" then I we can finally understand each other on the subject of marriage. How many times should I write it? Yes, I keep dodging your questions because I can see how you're "helping" at the moment.
To me it just looks like you're trying to find problems in me, which I accept I have but you don't know which ones and maybe not even me.
You're not doing anything to make the situation any better. I won't ever answer your questions.

Umm, you've been talking about knowledge through religion and you're the only one that is actually telling me to look at myself. Yes, I don't like it because I don't totally agree with a lot of the things in Sikhism. I'm not going to conclude my judgment because I don't know enough about it. Also I use a lot of examples that relate to other religions while you stick with Sikhism as only example. I don't mind but you're just forcing me even more and more into Sikhism. Stop doing that, I'm not going to listen to you.

Oh yes I will dodge the question. You can't do anything about it, so just let it go. What books? Mostly through school. Most of them translated into English, old testament, new testament, Qur'an, Ramayana and some other Hinduism books and a little about Buddhism. I think you can figure out the authors for yourself. I'm going to let this one alone. I'm not going to go back to this one even if you ask me ever again.

Nice one, now let your nephew teach you how to read sentences more carefully.

I wish I knew how it feels like to say you fail...hmm oh wait you actually do fail. I'm trying to talk as a human. As in, no religion. Only thing I'm asking is if me and my father can actually come to a common stand, even thought we have different views. How many times have I written that?

He usually tends to raise his voice and starts to shout at me. So I don't get any chances to finish up. So yes, I have made attempts but I don't do that because I don't want him to get angry.

I know that, but Christianity says their path is the only true path. Any other are work of the devil. Do you see the conflict there?
I'll just stop talking about this one too.

Nice judgment. I thought you didn't judge? I still think you're a nice person. You can't change my views unless you do something drastic. I haven't seen anything like that so, no, I'm not changing my views.
Btw, you wrote fail twice. If I use those two words, this whole post would be nothing more than "You fail"s.

OH no! How could you? How did you find out I lack understanding of other faiths? ahh! I can't hide anymore. I better run for it! Oh...just a minute, what's this?
"Exodus 20:3 - Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
"Jesus - No one comes to the Father except through me (John 14:6, NIV)"
"Exodus 34:14, God says, "Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God."

In other words, Jesus is only in Christianity and the real "God" is only in Bible. There are a few other quotes that I can't find from Bible. They say that every other religion is work of the devil. If you've got logic then it says you're wrong.
Who has the lack of understand of other faiths?
Christianity is too easy to pick on, I can pick others but am I here to argue with you over my knowledge of religions? No.
Stop asking me of this. You've been going out of subject so many times It's so unbelievable! Why can't you just stay on the subject and leave the whole religion thing behind?
I'm not going to answer you on this anymore.

Here's logic for you. If I ease his thoughts then I ease mine, my mothers and my girlfriends. Stop asking me this, you've just shown me you don't know me at all. I've written so many times and yet you still don't understand any of my words.
I'm going to stop answering your questions. You just go ahead and believe whatever you want if it makes you happy.

Nope, I have absolutely no clue what I want. Wait, never mind, I do know what I want. That's why people who understand me give a reasonable answer unlike you. I'm not going to discuss any more with you. It looks like you have no understanding about my situation. Even if you did, you don't show any. So i'm taking a wild guess that you haven't been in this situation. And now, i'm only going to give you sarcastic answers.

Please teacher, I don't know anything about Love. Tell me more what Love is. You're the only person in this whole world that knows what love is. Hopefully you can write about Love with words because a lot of people have tried and not succeeded.

OK STOP EVERYONE! No one should be clever on this forum! Throw your brains out of window! Don't ever try to be cute! This guy has some awesome knowledge which he can use to easily judge you! Run away!

Oh look! Just because I used the word ME it makes me self centered! Maybe we should remove the word ME from English and it will magically make everyone care for each other. It will definitely remove the word "self centered" too!
If I use a word, doesn't mean you can judge me. Maybe your nephew can teach you about that too. If I pointed out how many comments that you've written judge me, all of this message would be filled with "You f...never mind.

STOP BEING CLEVER PEOPLE! How many times should I write it out? This guy doesn't want anyone else being smarter! Don't try any jokes either, because if he doesn't get your jokes that have meaning behind them, it makes him feel he is being left out!

Umm, teacher? I think dirty line would be if I put in swear words in my sentences.

Opinion on people? Teacher look! Some people do actually understand me! Wait, I should say that because I don't have the freedom of choice. Choice to form an opinion. Don't take that away teacher please! I beg you!

Oh please teacher! I don't want to get into personal details, because it's none of your business. AND it doesn't seem like you're going to use them in the right way. Oh, you're going to force me to answer that? Well, yes I did lose my virginity but is that all? No, Here's how it is. IIIII'll tell you what I want, what i really really want. I wanna, uh, I wanna. Seriously, I'm not going to answer you.

Sorry what? I need a hearing aid. I think I have hard time LISTENING TO YOU.

No, yours are. Please don't tell me to point each and every one of them out for you. Teacher, can you do some homework yourself please?

Oh teacher, I was reading this book called Twilight. It was about vampires and It's awesome! It tells you that you should treat your girlfriend like a broom! Use it and ignore it! Oh, you been reading The game? It's awesome! It tells you about women! No? They seem completely useless to you to form an opinion on the outside world? Why? Oh, no one in the whole world are the same? They think differently? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!
Btw, I didn't continue reading those books. I couldn't stand them.

I like waffles, do you like waffles? I would love to meet up and eat some waffles! How about 12 o clock on Monday?

Yes! Finally someone figured me out! I AM a self centered person! I mean really! I've been asking how to damage my father beliefs! Not how to help us both! This guy judges me perfectly! Teacher said he doesn't judge and also told me that I can't have an opinion on people while HE DOES IT HIMSELF!
Oh teacher, When you will learn :8-:)

Did you just dip in and take out a quote? That just went against yourself? Oh wait, maybe you didn't jump in and take out a line. You can't be THAT...err...what's the word...stup....hmm nah never mind you simply couldn't have done that.
Oh teacher, did you just tell me I shouldn't judge it while I wrote, I'm not finalizing my judgment on Sikhism? I didn't do that teacher! Really! But why are you suggesting that I should understand it?(read) and Live it (live as a sikh). Didn't I already tell you I'm not going to do that teacher? Oh sorry forgive me! I'm not going to be smart!

Oh teacher, Why would I leave without replying to your questions that don't help me at all? Wait, maybe that is a good idea. Here is a thing we can all agree upon. You leave this thread, stop asking me questions and stop answering my replies.

Yes, I do suffer from "Me-ism" because oh...I don't know...this thread is about ME and MY father. What you suffer from is something i've found out while reading your posts. The "You-ism".
OH teacher! How can you only form questions with YOU in them? You've written so many of them! While others comments like Caspian and Lee are about them selfs as well as me? Oh teacher, please you're not helping at all.

Why don't you leave this thread? I don't see how you can help me while you haven't done that with any post so far.

Btw, you've lowered yourself to my level when i'm like this with the "you fail". Very nicely done! I'll truly get help from a guy that can actually lower them selfs to others.

If you're willing to just stop writing, i'll stop replying you with sarcastic answers. It's easy to think that way isn't it? Hope you have a good day/night sir.

"knowledge is your friend" I hope you take your own advise and stop "wasting" your "knowledge" here. It's not going to help.

Bye, bye!

Ok It's quite clear from the gibberish posted above, not ONLY are you self centred egotistical and only care about YOU! You are quite immature, and not as clever as you think you are. No wonder your father does not wish to speak to you.

To summarise, your points have been:

• You have had sex with your girlfriend (we don't care)
  • You are in Love with the idea of being in Love rather than being in love, hence why I quote Twelfth Nigh (but you knew that right? :rolleyes:), and you came. back with Twilight :D:rofl:
  • You wish to manipulate SGGSji so you demonstrate to your father, Kaam, Krodh, Moh, Lobh and Hankaar are virtues.
  • You know nothing about any religion, philosophy, psychology.
  • You have half read some books but didn't understand them.
  • When faced with a serious question, you reply with sarcasm.
  • When sarcasm is used back at you ("you fail"), you reply with more sarcasm, heaped with insults.
  • you came here looking for approval and justification. You will find to a man and a woman here Sikhs do not seek approval or justification, we live by "Higher than Truth is truthful Living".

If you continue this tone, its simple, you will be blocked and you will be on your merry way.;)

Good Bye.

PS

BTW Jesus didn't write the Bible, but you know that right?

PPS, I am not powerful, but this forum, is for mature people who wish to Discuss Share Evolve Learn. Not Cry, Moan, Dismiss, Insult and De-evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM