• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

UK 80-year-old Sikh Pensioner Kicked, Punched & Spit Upon By Woman In Coventry UK

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Outrage over video showing Asian pensioner being punched and kicked by girl in Coventry city centre

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/outrage-over-video-showing-asian-5742023

Shocking video footage of a girl attacking an 80-year-old man and spitting in his face is being investigated by police.

The footage was captured in Coventry city centre and shows the girl kicking and punching the elderly Asian man from Canley before knocking him to the floor and hurling abuse at him.

The pensioner was taken to hospital with a cut nose and swollen eye socket.

Police have confirmed they are investigating the attack and are treating it as a malicious wounding - a serious offence with a maximum penalty of five years imprisonment.

The attack happened in broad daylight in Trinity Street on August 10 at 8.30pm.

In the video, the girl - who is accompanied by three male youths - launched the attack in full view of passers by.

The only person to help - a man who picked up the victim’s turban - stepped in once the attacker and her gang were walking away from the area.

At the time of the attack the girl was dressed all in black with green Converse shoes.

Her hair was tied in a pony tail.

The video has prompted an angry response on Facebook and Twitter with many calling on the girl to hand herself in.

Ajay Singh wrote: “The Sikh turban is not just a piece of cloth, but a crown bestowed upon us by our great leader.

“It gives us distinction - so we stand out. It gives us a sense of responsibility - so we do not wander from the path of righteousness.

“Most of all, it gives us the values passed on to us by our holy book - and that includes standing up for the weak and vulnerable.

“I hope these cowards are caught and punished fairly.

Harmony Lully said: “I actually feel physically sick, wish I never watched this now. I can’t believe anyone would ever have the audacity to do such a horrible thing, especially in my own City! And shame on the people who stood and watched/filmed her and didn’t have the decency to stop her. I hope justice will be served."

Amadine Ambrico wrote: “See this is what the world is coming too unbelievable.

“If that was my daughter I would drag her to the police station let her face up to this disgraceful act.

“Shame on you and shame on everyone else standing around watching it you all should feel such shame.”

A spokesman for West Midlands Police said the incident was being investigated but no arrests have been made so far.

Attachments

• outrage.png
    outrage.png
    103.4 KB · Reads: 271
  • 80yearoldsikh.png
    80yearoldsikh.png
    66.1 KB · Reads: 290

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Note: YouTube video of this event has been removed from YouTube because it allegedly violates policies. You can view the video at the Daily Telegraph at this link, and it is as shocking as comments suggest. Read comments and view the video at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ground-causing-turban-fall-spitting-face.html

<strike>I don't understand YouTube removing it. It is a legitimate news story and they allow much bloodier videos. </strike> YouTube has reposted it with a Graphic warning. Disgusting white girl beats old Indian man (Warning Graphic Content) - YouTube

There are bad people in the world. There are people who do bad things. This sort of cruelty is very difficult to watch. This young woman clearly does not belong walking free on the streets. Since this happened in Britain, she'll probably be prosecuted and go to jail. Are we shocked because this is a females?

I know several taxi drivers who have been attacked by drunken customers screaming insults.

Last edited:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
How Times have changed...the 85 Year old SHAM SINGH ATTAREE fought the Goreh Forces at the battle of Chelianwallah so Courageously that almost 700 goras lost their lives..and the Poet writes..Singhan ne Gorian de Vaang nimbuuan rass nichorr sutteh..the Singhs squeezed the Juice out of the Goras like we squeeze the Lemona nd throw it aside !!....The British LOST this battle but won the WAR due to the traitors dogra generals.

Baba Deep Singh Ji was also 86++ when he fought his last battle...

And a 80 year old sikh gets beaten by a goree and makes it to the world headlines... Yes Times have indeed changed...

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
The whole world is coming to the realisation of how important it is to fight for justice, no matter who the victim is, the basic Sikhi principle.

Little does this hooligan know that her hatred is nurtured in her own environments by her own doing and this kind of lice does not only make her head scratchy but it sucks the blood that her brain needs.

This is the reason Sikhi is all about nurturing a positive environment for all humankind.

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Teenager charged over pensioner assault in Coventry

A teenager has been charged with the assault of an 80-year-old man.
The pensioner was left with a black eye and bloodied nose after being punched in

Trinity Street, Coventry last Saturday.

West Midlands Police said Coral Millerchip, 19, from Attoxhall Road in Wyken, was arrested in Gloucester on Friday and had been remanded in custody.
She is due to appear at Coventry Magistrates Court on Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-23739295

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
Gyani ji, if we analyze the video closely, i would still give the Sikh elderly person some credit for fighting back initially, in the end she gets really nasty at the behest of her friends and he looses his foothold... but then he does stand up on his own feet at 80 in a dignified manner! :mundakhalsaflag:

Watching and rewatching the video, I believe he could have effectively defended himself, but chose to back off rather than striking a (young) woman.

Intelligent move.

Had he hit her and won the fight, he would have been the heavy. Imagine! That old terrorist in the turban beating up that young girl!

Had her friends come to her defence, he could have been seriously injured.

As it turns out, he handled the situation with dignity and came out clearly the winner. Yes, it's hard on the ego, but it takes a different type of courage to back off.

Still, I wish he had beaten the crap out of her and taught her that there are consequences for attacking an innocent Sikh.

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
I live in a highly saturated brown community.

It is often to see Elderly Punjabi gentlemen and ladies, walking on the streets.

It is my PLEA, that People keep an eye on Or stay connected to their Grandparents. People are Not very nice these days, Truthful people are hard to find. So take care of your own elders!

If they don't have a phone, allow them to stay connected a little bit. I hate to say it & not to point out anybody's vulnerabilities, but in Old age, people are like Children in terms of their physical ability. So they need to be protected.

Any and all vulnerabilities, as they appear to world must be protected, in my opinion.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Navdeep ji

Thank you! At the back of mind since this story broke is the issue of older people at the mercy of these roving groups of young people whose aim in life is to cause pain to others, either verbally or physically or both.

Here is an elderly man -- how many of us know of older people who take their daily walk in a mall or towne center They pick a time either late morning or just after the evening meal for a stroll, thinking it will be quiet and peaceful. Why would he expect to be ambushed? How could he have been prepared for this?

And the surroundings did not have many people about. Those who were there had to be almost as astonished as he was.

You are 100 percent correct - we have to keep a caring eye on our elderly. They come from a different time when this immoral and violent mindset was the exception, not the growing problem it has now become in our cities and towns.

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
I live in a highly saturated brown community.

It is often to see Elderly Punjabi gentlemen and ladies, walking on the streets.

It is my PLEA, that People keep an eye on Or stay connected to their Grandparents. People are Not very nice these days, Truthful people are hard to find. So take care of your own elders!

If they don't have a phone, allow them to stay connected a little bit. I hate to say it & not to point out anybody's vulnerabilities, but in Old age, people are like Children in terms of their physical ability. So they need to be protected.

Any and all vulnerabilities, as they appear to world must be protected, in my opinion.
I am a Sikhsenior with multiple disabilities and I hesitate to go out alone for that very reason. I am obviously vulnerable. I hate it, but what can I do?

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
I am a Sikhsenior with multiple disabilities and I hesitate to go out alone for that very reason. I am obviously vulnerable. I hate it, but what can I do?
Inderjeet Ji,
I would suggest going out with a friend. There's always power in numbers.
Second thing is to walk with purpose. Always know that you're heading somewhere & you don't have time to pay attention to losers on the street. This goes for children & elderly.

All in all, walk with Confidence, which is already a highly Khalsa thing. The reason this congregation exists ( & many others) is because of a belief in something higher, more powerful, A justice of some sort. Perhaps not apparent, or Immediate but a belief that there is reward for good & evil. So, to hold onto the vulnerabilities of others as not something negative, to protect yourself & hope ( act ) on the best, I guess. That's all i got. :-(

This gentleman did a Wonderful job & I think most elderly people of Sikh community are actually nice, they come from Loving families. We above all, have learned to keep the family together (powerful) so I think they deserve super special treatment b/c they are Special people who've worked their butts off, been loyal to their commitments & that counts for a Whole lot, that even if God can't repay we must try to do it for other.

Navdeep88

Writer
SPNer
Dec 22, 2009
Navdeep ji

Thank you! At the back of mind since this story broke is the issue of older people at the mercy of these roving groups of young people whose aim in life is to cause pain to others, either verbally or physically or both.

Here is an elderly man -- how many of us know of older people who take their daily walk in a mall or towne center They pick a time either late morning or just after the evening meal for a stroll, thinking it will be quiet and peaceful. Why would he expect to be ambushed? How could he have been prepared for this?

And the surroundings did not have many people about. Those who were there had to be almost as astonished as he was.

You are 100 percent correct - we have to keep a caring eye on our elderly. They come from a different time when this immoral and violent mindset was the exception, not the growing problem it has now become in our cities and towns.

I agree Spnadmin Ji,
but the fact of the matter is, there were wars in older times & a Holocaust. These basic human instincts have existed & been acted upon in more systematic ways before ( I guess), now everything PC in the outward, but these things still exist. I think Company is what it comes down to, keeping good company. Unexpected things happen, but the only thing we have knowledge of is the time spent, it's a powerful choice & to keep it in goodness is a big deal.

Easier said than Done Of Course! Hehe.

God bless this man. I hope, as much as Crime is rampant, the consequences of it are Frequently on the airwaves, media etc, so We can Know that people are punished & wrong doing doesnt go unanswered.

One can Hope.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM