• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

4 Powerful Ways To Fire Up Motivation

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
4 Powerful Ways To Fire Up Motivation
by Sandra Baptist, TheSoko.com

It's very difficult to be persistent when everything seems to fail. Often times, people decide to call it quits because they just can't see any good results from all the hard work they've done. And this is normal human nature – but it certainly isn´t okay.

Hold your Horses!

To start off, I must emphasize that one should never think of giving up. There´s one very clear thing that separates winners and losers: Winners never quit and losers never win because they quit too soon. So take all that negative lingo out of your mental dictionary and focus on these solutions with conviction and patience.

For those of you who are physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted, everything I just said probably sounds like gibberish – and you´re the ones that need this information the most. If you´re looking for some sources of motivation to prompt you in reaching the peak of accomplishment, here you go.

1. Envision the End

Think ahead for a moment – how would you feel after accomplishing your mission? You would probably feel ecstatic. You might even be shedding tears of joy. Let this feeling sink in and encourage you to persist.

When I was studying for the Board Exams, I used this technique to motivate me. I would envision the sweetness of folks calling me a CPA. I would command respect. People would look up to me as a higher level of authority. And I would have better chances of finding a good job. I absorbed all these great perceptions in order to achieve my ultimate goal.

2. The Reward System

It´s no wonder that every contest has a prize for the winner. What would happen if there were no prizes? Nobody would care about reaching the finish line.

The same principles apply to your vision. Reward yourself after accomplishing a goal. Set a particular incentive for every small objective. Once you've achieved a particular goal, how about rewarding yourself with a meal at your favorite restaurant? Then when you reach the big one, you'll go on a vacation. All of a sudden those goals are carrying a lot more weight.

Set something gratifying to indulge in after completing a certain undertaking.

3. The Force of Humanity

If you want to succeed, surround yourself with the right kind of people who will support and encourage you all the way. Be with people who have the same beliefs and aspirations as yours. Positive aura is generated by this fusion of collective energy from people of "like minds."

On the contrary, being with people who oppose your ways of thinking may trigger a negative, yet very powerful kind of motivation. Has anyone ever said to you that "you'll never get anywhere" or "you're wasting your time with what you're doing?" I bet it made you furious and determined to prove how wrong they were? This is what I'm talking about.

When aggravated, you will do anything to make those who are against you swallow their words. But of course, your main focus should be on the accomplishment of your goal and not for the purpose of revenge. Never let your emotions toward others alter your main objective.

4. Take Care Of Your Health

Exercise regularly. Fill your brain with enough oxygen to allow you to do your daily tasks with more vigor and energy. Also, take regular breaks if time allows. Having the will power to continue despite all hardships is extremely important, but you should still know your limits.

If you don't take enough time to rest, you will not be able to think clearly or do your tasks properly. In the process, you will just become more frustrated.

Get sufficient sleep and recharge yourself after a hard day's work. Never, ever ignore your health. I learned my lesson when I sacrificed my health for the sake of success. I worked very long hours everyday and got minimal sleep. As a result, I became ill. At the end of the day, success won't matter if you don't have good health to enjoy it.

There´s no right or wrong when it comes to methods of motivation, but being motivated is essential. Always keep your eye on the finish line and never let the word 'quit´ enter your list of options.

Source: http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/BodyandMind/Articles/TS+4PowerfulWaysToFireUpMotivation_v2.htm

Sep 11, 2005
Excellent write Up !

If Religious scriptures are passive and static motivators , then such type of writings are Active and dynamic motivators , which puts the Man/ Woman in action .

If religious scriptures are Potential Engergies then such type of Writings are Kinetic Energies .

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: