• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

USA 2 Sikhs Shot Dead In US Utility Store

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
2 Sikhs shot dead in US utility store

http://freepressjournal.in/2-sikhs-shot-dead-in-us-utility-store/

Washington : A day after an Indian author was shot dead in Afghani-stan two Indian-Americans running a grocery store in the state of Indiana have been shot dead by masked men, sending shock waves among the Sikh community in the US.

The victims, identified as 55-year-old Jagtar Singh Bhatti and 20-year-old Pawan Preet Singh, were originally from Punjab. Two masked men shot and killed Jagtar Singh, the owner of the store, and Pawan Preet, his employee, in the northern Indiana city of Elkhart.

Jagtar Singh was from Preet Nagar in Jalandhar and Pawan Preet belonged to Munnan village in Hoshiarpur.

Condemning the deadly attack during the robbery attempt, Satnam Singh Chahal, executive director of North American Punjabi Association, said due to the growing killings, the Sikh Community is living in perpetual fear and insecurity.

Chahal said Jagtar Singh was running his grocery shop for the last seven years and was living with Palwinder Singh Bhatti. According to another store employee, Bill Sinclair, he was in the store’s kitchen when he heard a noise like the pop of a firecracker.

Two girls standing outside told him that two men in masks ran from the store, and when he went inside, he saw Jagtar Singh and Pawan Preet had been shot.

NAPA in a statement urged the US government to leave no stone unturned to take all necessary measures to protect the lives and property of NRIs. Meanwhile, a pal of gloom descended in Preet Nagar, Sodal Road, Jalandhar, after the elder son of Jagtar Singh, Palwinder, conveyed the news to the family.

jaginder

SPNer
Jan 26, 2011
Just terrible...
Someone mentioned it to me in the Gurdwara today.

What does this tragedy has to do with the Indian author in Afghanistan?
I honestly cannot see how its linked unless there is something I don't know.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Jaginder ji

Yes.... that opening line threw me for a loop. There is something weirdly inappropriate about it. This homicide is tragic, and its tragedy extends to the story of the victims and one of their murderers. They befriended one of the men who shot them; and thought themselves protectors in a way. I cannot put this out of my mind.

jaginder

SPNer
Jan 26, 2011
Jaginder ji

This homicide is tragic, and its tragedy extends to the story of the victims and one of their murderers. They befriended one of the men who shot them; and thought themselves protectors in a way. I cannot put this out of my mind.

You mean they knew one of the attackers who pretended to be in trouble?
Where can I read more of this spnadmin ji?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
You mean they knew one of the attackers who pretended to be in trouble?
Where can I read more of this spnadmin ji?

It is on a blog I read yesterday before I found an actual news article. Some tracking back in browser history required to find it. Give me some time. Will do!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM