• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam 10 Questions To Sikhs From Muslims

Nov 19, 2006
thank you very much Navroop Singh Ji. I really like your views and hope that you were not offended by mine.. i'll look forward to what more you have to say...

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
<<but our debate started
with that whether guru nanak refuted quran or not.you haven't given me single point which proves that guru nanak did not refuted quran.unlike hinduism islam is the religion of book and many of there rituals directly come's from quran.so when guru nanak refuted those rituals guru nanak refuted quran.>>

thanks for sharing your views KDS ji

your assertions that rituals of Islam flow from Quran , show your depth of knowledge of Quran .

well most of the rituals of islam flow from Hadiths..which are similar to the rehatnamas....they were written by contemporaries of Muhammed...

i donot defend Quran as the true book...but let us seperate chaff from the grains...islam too has something good to offer...Guru Nanak asked them to seperate chaff from grain...not renounce spiritual aspect of religion but the rituals of the religion.

so i guess you can safely deduce the reaction of Guru ji to the rehat namas of sikhs.

Can you point out the exact rituals mentione in Quran which were refuted by guru ji in his bani ?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
<<Can you point out the exact rituals mentione in Quran which were refuted by guru ji in his bani ?>>

amarsanghera ji i know you will ask this question that's why i did a google before writing that there are rituals in quran.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
IslamiCity.com - Fasting in the Quran
Verses in the Quran About Fasting

Al-Baqara (The Cow) (Arabic) - Recite

2:183 O ye who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that ye may (learn) self-restraint,-

2:184 (Fasting) for a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (Should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (With hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.

2:185 Ramadhan is the (month) in which was sent down the Qur'an, as a guide to mankind, also clear (Signs) for guidance and judgment (Between right and wrong). So every one of you who is present (at his home) during that month should spend it in fasting, but if any one is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed period (Should be made up) by days later. Allah intends every facility for you; He does not want to put to difficulties. (He wants you) to complete the prescribed period, and to glorify Him in that He has guided you; and perchance ye shall be grateful.

2:187 Permitted to you, on the night of the fasts, is the approach to your wives. They are your garments and ye are their garments. Allah knoweth what ye used to do secretly among yourselves; but He turned to you and forgave you; so now associate with them, and seek what Allah Hath ordained for you, and eat and drink, until the white thread of dawn appear to you distinct from its black thread; then complete your fast Till the night appears; but do not associate with your wives while ye are in retreat in the mosques. Those are Limits (set by) Allah. Approach not nigh thereto. Thus doth Allah make clear His Signs to men: that they may learn self-restraint.

2:196 And complete the Hajj or 'umra in the service of Allah. But if ye are prevented (From completing it), send an offering for sacrifice, such as ye may find, and do not shave your heads until the offering reaches the place of sacrifice. And if any of you is ill, or has an ailment in his scalp, (Necessitating shaving), (He should) in compensation either fast, or feed the poor, or offer sacrifice; and when ye are in peaceful conditions (again), if any one wishes to continue the 'umra on to the hajj, He must make an offering, such as he can afford, but if he cannot afford it, He should fast three days during the hajj and seven days on his return, Making ten days in all. This is for those whose household is not in (the precincts of) the Sacred Mosque. And fear Allah, and know that Allah Is strict in punishment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
so you see fasting,hajj,animal sacrifice are prescribed in quran incase you have some other interpretation of the above verses.guru nanak refuted all theses things.

Gurcharan

SPNer
Jul 8, 2006
Dear kds1980 Ji,

Nice reading. Appreciate your google search, they say a lot.
I share and understand many of the views brought up by you about Islam. However, I must state that no matter what their ideology is I do not hate any religion...but I may not agree with some principles. Sometimes we have to live within such environbments to understand better. For example, in majority Muslim countries religious conversion is a thorny issue where muslims are not allowed to convert. Even proselytising of muslims by other faiths is prohibited.
Guru Nanak Ji never supported fasting and sacrifices and a host of other useless rituals then, these should not become issues of contention today. His word should stay with us for all eternity. They should never be challanged.
Once again, nice work and God Bless.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Dear kds1980 Ji,

Nice reading. Appreciate your google search, they say a lot.
I share and understand many of the views brought up by you about Islam. However, I must state that no matter what their ideology is I do not hate any religion...but I may not agree with some principles. Sometimes we have to live within such environbments to understand better. For example, in majority Muslim countries religious conversion is a thorny issue where muslims are not allowed to convert. Even proselytising of muslims by other faiths is prohibited.
Guru Nanak Ji never supported fasting and sacrifices and a host of other useless rituals then, these should not become issues of contention today. His word should stay with us for all eternity. They should never be challanged.
Once again, nice work and God Bless.

gurcharan ji thanks for your appreciation

Dec 2, 2007
,y view of this guy is that he is basically insecure about islam they need the panth to help their insecurity but that aint happenin mate

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM