• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

You Have The Power !

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
You have the power

Rarely is anything ever as difficult as you first imagine it to be. More often than not, the greatest difficulty you must overcome is convincing yourself to get started.

Imagine what would happen if you could simply stop fighting with yourself and could just go ahead with whatever needs to be done. The great and empowering fact is, you can.

What if all the energy you put into avoiding effort was suddenly redirected into productive action? It can happen much more easily than you think.

What if you stopped making excuses and started making real progress? The good news is, you don't have to just imagine it.

You have the power to get yourself started. You have the power to overcome all those complaints and worries, anxieties, doubts and excuses that exist only within the confines of your mind.

For you control your mind, and your mind directs your actions. Make use of that awesome power, and truly great things will quickly begin to happen.

-- Ralph Marston
source: http://www.greatday.com/motivate/

Sep 11, 2005
Dear Souljyot

Do we have such type of forcefull writing in SGGS , If yes then please write that also .

If not then it means that human beings do need such active and dynamic thoughts along with the religious and spiritual thoughts which are static and passive .

These dynamic thoughts say you can , but spiritual thoughts say you don't but God .

But upon carefull observation , if we say you can do , then I think it should not be considered bad, ultimately he/she can because he/she has the ability to use the resources gifted by by God , and has trust and faith in the gifts of God , then ultimately we can say that God is doing .

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
If not then it means that human beings do need such active and dynamic thoughts along with the religious and spiritual thoughts which are static and passive .

These dynamic thoughts say you can , but spiritual thoughts say you don't but God .

Dear D S

I think in bit different way or you can my perception is bit different

I dont think that our religion just want us to passive or there is passive message
this is what we usually make out of it
As i understand sikhi want us to go ahead and do it but not being confident in yourself instead being confident that you are just an instrument of Akal this is just to detach the gearbox of ego attached with what you do
the more you do thinking you have done it the more ego tend to swell
Insread doing everthing thinking yourself as an instrument of god , the more you do it the you feel being blessed and graced by Akal

so i think it is more about the attitide with which you do work

Jatinder Sibgh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: