• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Women Role In Religion

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
i have this question in mind that troubles me very much
1)why this is the case that no women in history has been leader or preacher of any religion I mean all our guuji's , ram krishan jesus moses budha mahavir mohammed and .... all were men and none was women . ?
2)is the path of women to god realisation isdifferent from men in any way?

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
i dont think this is true drkhalsaji

i dont remember off hand but there r lots of examples in the history..mother mary, savitri,meera,
and in sikhs mata nanki,mata tripta, mata gujri,mata sahib kaur, bibi bhani , mai bhago and so many others.

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Dear drkhalsa jee,

There is no woman who has initiated a new religion, because men had subjugeted women and never allowed them to evolve to their full potential as human being.

As I understand 'The Sat' applies the same standard to all. Woman's way of seeking 'The Sat' cannot be different from that of the man.

With love and respect for all.

Amarpal

Sep 2, 2004
Midlands,UK
Woman is Jananee,i.e she gives birth to saints,gurus,philosophers,prophets,kings,emperors,veers,yodhas,yogis,etc,etc.
besides all the female roles like mother,sister,wife,friend,etc.

That is why Guru says we must respect her,and not discriminate against her.Treat her as equal and worthy of reverence.That is the message of Sikhi.

Jugraj Singh

SPNer
Oct 5, 2004
Bhainjee,
To me your message seems contradictory. First you ask

>>>1)why this is the case that no women in history has been leader or preacher of any religion I mean all our guuji's ....
>>>

Then as your signoff you have the pankti "tera bhana metha lagay". Well the reason that guru's were all men was because it was bhana.

Their have been many amazing gursikh bibis in sikh history and that was according to bhana as well.

But this does not in any way mean that God prefers men or some other such nonsense. Sikhism teaches that the body is a vessel of decay.

Gender is a purely physical thing. AFter we are initiated as Sikhs (amrit) we must lose all prior misconceptions. Khalsa has no gender. Souls don't have a sex.

>>>is the path of women to god realisation isdifferent from men in any way?
>>>

I fail to understand how your two questions are related? Please explain.

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
Off-topic: I guess, I am going to add utter confusion. Please consider that I am just thinking aloud with my little information, but for past a few days, I am bending towards thinking that woman is Bhagautee in Gurubani. This is a baseless thought put forward, and just to re-iterate I thought aloud. Not making sense, just ignore this, so that original discussion can continue.

Bhull chukk maaf ji.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
dear singh ji

This has been my question because i just felt like that jesus, nanak, muhammed, buddha, mahavir ,moses leads of 6 major religon all are male and you say it is bhana of akal purakh , i totally agree with you , i just wanted to know your views I thank ful to you

You asked how both are linked I was thinking that all the above personalities i have mentioned achieved their realisation without any human guide so it came to my mind that their path might be different
I think this explains my question

Jatinder Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: