• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

1984 Anti-Sikh Pogrom Witness Alleges Implication For Naming Sajjan An Accused

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
New Delhi, Jan 12 (PTI) A woman, whose father was killed in 1984 anti-Sikh riots, today alleged before a Delhi court trying senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar that she had named the politician in 1984 as an accused but instead of any action being taken against him, she was implicated in false cases.

"In 1984 itself, I had named Sajjan Kumar but no action was taken. Rather, I was implicated in many cases and no action was taken even when many other persons had named him.

Therefore, I had lost faith," witness Nirpreet Kaur told Additional Sessions Judge Sunita Gupta.

The 42-year-old witness made the statement while being cross examined by the counsel Anil Kumar Sharma and S A Hashmi as to why she did not make a statement before the Nanavati Commission.

The woman, who had remained in jail after being bookedin three different cases registered under now-repealed Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act (TADA),was also questioned about her alleged implication.

To a question whether how she pursued the case relating to the killing of her father Nirmal Singh, Kaur said "I asked the lawyers who were representing me to give representation regarding the killing of my father but they told me that since I was speaking against MP and MLA, who will hear me." (more) PTI ATP

Kaur alleged that after the riots she was harassed and kept shuttling between Punjab and Delhi and so could not follow the case relating to murder of her father.

In response to a question if she knew that the Nanavati Commission was set up during the BJP-led NDA rule, she said"for me change of government was of no consequence. I had no faith in any government."

The woman witness was also cross examined on her joining of the then banned All India Sikh Student Federation.

Her cross examination remained inconclusive and is likely to continue tomorrow.

In her previous deposition, Kaur had identified five accused Sajjan, Balwan, Kishan, Mahender and Captain Bhagmal who are facing trial relating to the killing of six persons at Delhi Cantt during the riots.

The case against Sajjan Kumar, former Outer Delhi MP, has been registered on a recommendation of the G T Nanavati Commission. CBI had filed two charge sheets against him and others in January last year.

http://news.oneindia.in/2011/01/12/...tion-for-naming-sajjan-anaccused-aid0126.html

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM