• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Our Punjab Went From Being A State Of Strapping Young Men To Weakened Youth Infested With Drugs

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
Some of my colleagues joked to me in a mocking tone "Hey lets go see Udta punjab"
I realized they were mocking the condition of my state . It also showed that they still pretty much considered me an outsider even though I was born and raised in their state - maharashtra
It felt like whole of india is now making fun of not just state of punjab but of sikhs, esp now that the "state of our state" is open in the form of a movie surrounded by controversy .

I wonder what , when and why went wrong to land us in this despair . A state which was once one of the richest in india, which provided india with the proverbial "Jawaan (army youth) and Kisaan (farmer, wheat)" now is riddled with deaths of both . The kisaan suicides and the Jawaan dying in drugs.

Guru Nanak sahib said "Naam khumaari Nanaka chadi rahe din raat" (O Nanak , may the high of naam be with me day and night)
but punjab today is "high" on something else . Its pretty sad . I wonder if something prophetic is to happen.
perhaps an army of uber-masculine, strapping , 7 feet tall singhs will come and rescue punjab and we will have our homeland
Maybe punjab is just going through labor pains of something greater to happen.

When mughals captured an enemy, they would ridicule him by parading him in clowns clothes before executing them. Its said they did same with Banda Singh ji Bahadur too. But after his execution, we had Sikh raj .
Now they make clowns of us by jokes . They say history repeats itself. It certainly seems so and if it does, it seems all of this is just a path of something greater (good) to come.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Some of my colleagues joked to me in a mocking tone "Hey lets go see Udta punjab"
I realized they were mocking the condition of my state . It also showed that they still pretty much considered me an outsider even though I was born and raised in their state - maharashtra
It felt like whole of india is now making fun of not just state of punjab but of sikhs, esp now that the "state of our state" is open in the form of a movie surrounded by controversy .

I wonder what , when and why went wrong to land us in this despair . A state which was once one of the richest in india, which provided india with the proverbial "Jawaan (army youth) and Kisaan (farmer, wheat)" now is riddled with deaths of both . The kisaan suicides and the Jawaan dying in drugs.

Guru Nanak sahib said "Naam khumaari Nanaka chadi rahe din raat" (O Nanak , may the high of naam be with me day and night)
but punjab today is "high" on something else . Its pretty sad . I wonder if something prophetic is to happen.
perhaps an army of uber-masculine, strapping , 7 feet tall singhs will come and rescue punjab and we will have our homeland
Maybe punjab is just going through labor pains of something greater to happen.

When mughals captured an enemy, they would ridicule him by parading him in clowns clothes before executing them. Its said they did same with Banda Singh ji Bahadur too. But after his execution, we had Sikh raj .
Now they make clowns of us by jokes . They say history repeats itself. It certainly seems so and if it does, it seems all of this is just a path of something greater (good) to come.

as long as we follow the will or man, rather than the will of god, this will carry on, the enemy is inside, not outside

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: