• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Has Waheguru Blessed Us With A Son With Autism?

P J Singh

SPNer
Oct 7, 2022
Dear singh_man:

Guru Fetah!

I just read this thread and I see many caring and thoughtful individuals have come forward to give you advice to cope with the challenge you are confronted with. Your son may be autistic but I bet he is as loving and beautiful to you as any child to a parent.

I have a friend who have a daughter who has psychosis; I have my own niece who has schizophrenia and then there are people who have children with multiple disabilities. Yes, their mental, emotional or physical state may not align with what we call normal ( whatever it may mean) but then no one in this world is perfect – every house has problems Nanak Dukhia Saab Sansaar.

Autism of your child is less of an issue, but YOU are the primary issue – how you perceive your child's limitation and how you deal with it. As Gurbani tells us we are all enslaved by “Moah”. Yes, Moah towards our family and children is important but we need to be realistic and objective and not be overwhelmed by ruminating over uncertainties of the future – future is always uncertain!

Even parents who have the so called healthy children worry how they may turn out when they grow up, would they have good jobs, loving spouses or what not.

So please take your focus away from your child’s autism and focus on how should address your own fears. Yes having faith in Guru Sahib is a good source for drawing emotional strength but please do take professional help to address your own demons; it will go a long way to provide emotional support to you and to your beautiful and happy child. May Guru sahib bless you and your son.

You will notice I did not specifically get into your original question: Why has Waheguru blessed us with a son with autism?". This gets us into a deeper discussion as there may be divergent and contradictory views on this subject based on Gurbani. However, I thought they above reflection may be of some help, whatever worth it may be.

WJKK WJKF

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: