• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Do So Many Sikh Girls Date Hindu Guys And Despise Sikh Guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
And what about the many Sikh guys who get ‘down and dirty’ with not just Hindu girls, but also western girls, end up having sex and then leaving them (after false promises) and marry who mummy and daddy choose after all in the end? It’s ok for the guys though right? Only women are to be faulted for anything?

In colleges and work places Sikh Girls prefer and date Hindu boyfriends... And many such relationships are only about flings and casual dating. When you be go to college and work places you know about it... Its common sense... No need to hide under their beds.

Majority of the Sikh girls prefer to date Hindu men only... Hindu men know about this and hence they also chase Sikh girls.. Its like an achievement or winning a trophy for them... I am not blaming Hindu men... Coz these Sikh women to love to get down and dirty with their Hindu boyfriends

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
And what about the many Sikh guys who get ‘down and dirty’ with not just Hindu girls, but also western girls, end up having sex and then leaving them (after false promises) and marry who mummy and daddy choose after all in the end? It’s ok for the guys though right? Only women are to be faulted for anything?

In colleges and work places Sikh Girls prefer and date Hindu boyfriends... And many such relationships are only about flings and casual dating. When you be go to college and work places you know about it... Its common sense... No need to hide under their beds.

Majority of the Sikh girls prefer to date Hindu men only... Hindu men know about this and hence they also chase Sikh girls.. Its like an achievement or winning a trophy for them... I am not blaming Hindu men... Coz these Sikh women to love to get down and dirty with their Hindu boyfriends

Jan 25, 2018
To be honest this is first I'm hearing that "most" Sikh women really prefer Hindu men. But is it really Sikh women or Punjabi women? There is a difference. Since this is a religious site, I think the argument would be that if the girl is a Sikh, then she'll prolly prefer a Sikh guy. Growing up I thought most Punjabi girls preferred clean-shaven punjabi boys, but now they prefer Hindus? Regardless, whatever their religion is, Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, whatever. If the two can agree and respect each other's beliefs, then why should anyone care. Oh because its killing Sikhism, we're losing people to other religions. Again, why do you care. Long as you are happy with yourself and your partner.

If you're worried that number of Sikhs is declining, well Sikhism doesn't promote itself like Christianity does. Might be something to think bout

Mar 27, 2018

Painji.. Sikh Men dating Hindu Women is quite less than Hindu Men dating Sikh Men... Sikh Men do have sex with many White Women and then leave them on the basis of false marriage promises.. But Sikh Men doing this to Hindu women is quite less.... Hindu Men doing this to Sikh Women is quite higher comparatively.

If you see it yourself Sikh Girls dating Hindu Men is way higher than Hindu girls dating Sikh Men... Come on even you know this truth very well. . Sikh girls are quite liberal.

So Hindu Men engaging in premarital sex and other sexual filth with their Sikh girlfriends is much higher than Sikh Men doing the same with their Hindu girlfriends...hence Sikhi is declining since Sikh Women dating Hindu Men is much higher than Hindu women dating Sikh Men.

Bhenji please don't cook up stories...we all know the truth.. Even you know it... No offense.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
Painji.. Sikh Men dating Hindu Women is quite less than Hindu Men dating Sikh Men... Sikh Men do have sex with many White Women and then leave them on the basis of false marriage promises.. But Sikh Men doing this to Hindu women is quite less.... Hindu Men doing this to Sikh Women is quite higher comparatively.

If you see it yourself Sikh Girls dating Hindu Men is way higher than Hindu girls dating Sikh Men... Come on even you know this truth very well. . Sikh girls are quite liberal.

So Hindu Men engaging in premarital sex and other sexual filth with their Sikh girlfriends is much higher than Sikh Men doing the same with their Hindu girlfriends...hence Sikhi is declining since Sikh Women dating Hindu Men is much higher than Hindu women dating Sikh Men.

Bhenji please don't cook up stories...we all know the truth.. Even you know it... No offense.

You can’t only compare one communtiy and then use that to make sikh guys look innocent. I’d say there are far more Sikh men daring western women and then ditching them after sex than Sikh girls sleeping with Hindu men. In fact in my relations I have never heard of it and most Sikh families closely guard (maybe too much) their girls anyway and as a result Sikh boys have much more freedom to sleep around then do Sikh girls. Problem is when it’s the boys everyone turns a blind eye.

Mar 27, 2018
You can’t only compare one communtiy and then use that to make sikh guys look innocent. I’d say there are far more Sikh men daring western women and then ditching them after sex than Sikh girls sleeping with Hindu men. In fact in my relations I have never heard of it and most Sikh families closely guard (maybe too much) their girls anyway and as a result Sikh boys have much more freedom to sleep around then do Sikh girls. Problem is when it’s the boys everyone turns a blind eye.

I am not trying to paint us Sikh guys as innocent... Countless Sikh guys do sleep around with Western women and leave them after they have had their pleasure.. Since many Western women too are attracted to Sikh guys and find them exotic and Sikh guys dating White women is indeed higher than Hindus guys dating Sikh girls

...but i am talking about Sikhs and Hindus.

Sikh girls dating Hindu men are much higher than Hindu girls dating Sikh men....

Sikh girls sleeping around with Hindu guys is much higher than the other way around... And hence Sikhi is in a decline....

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012
I am not trying to paint us Sikh guys as innocent... Countless Sikh guys do sleep around with Western women and leave them after they have had their pleasure.. Since many Western women too are attracted to Sikh guys and find them exotic and Sikh guys dating White women is indeed higher than Hindus guys dating Sikh girls

...but i am talking about Sikhs and Hindus.

Sikh girls dating Hindu men are much higher than Hindu girls dating Sikh men....

Sikh girls sleeping around with Hindu guys is much higher than the other way around... And hence Sikhi is in a decline....

It’s not why Sikhi is in decline. When you still have inequalities and Singhs keeping women from equal status in the Gurdwara, take for example seva at Darbar Sahib... women are not allowed to do kirtan, women are not allowed to even touch the palki sahib let alone do palki sahib seva... lest a sevadar comes running and scolding the woman for desecrating SGGSJ. Women not allowed to do ishnan seva there. Gurdwara management committees are largely male dominated and women discouraged from even running in elections let alone voted for, some thought persist that women are impure during menstruation and can’t sit on Guru Jis tabiya, some sects perpetuating that Gurbani says wives must serve husbands, and the big one... very very few Sikh men support women doing seva as Panj Pyaras. Sikh calendar celebrates many Sikh male luminaries but not one single female... why no date for Mai Bhago for example?

All this even though Gurbani says as Gurmukh treat ALL equally because in each and every heart the divine light of Waheguru exists. And let’s not forget the movement to perpetuate the DG as Guru Jis work, and the largest section of it - the Charitropakhyan - contains over 800 pages of stories designed to denegrate women and depict the entire female gender as deceitful and immoral.

So....... are you really surprised that some Sikh women leave Sikhi when they discover there’s less in it for women than men?? I think this has MUCH more to do with it than just being woooed by Hindu guys.

SUKHWINDER1

SPNer
Jul 3, 2013
That’s news to me! Shouldn’t spread falseness. We have paid a huge price for it. The sickest Predators of Pakistani origin have preyed upon Sikh minors/teens/women with such falseness for more than 30 years in UK and other countries for organized child rape crimes. There are proofs of their meetings and talking about how their appearance will attract Sikh youth any how. How many hells from other religions will prey upon our families if we give into such falseness? The Sikh youth and Sikh communities over all need to fall in love with Sikhi and not just make it all about outer appearance. It is pathetic to give Sikh girls such a pathetic place that even predators could think that the Sikh girls will be attracted to them any how. The Sikh youth needs to be educated about Sikhi and have more communication with their families.

Mar 27, 2018
It's none of my business

Isn't so many Sikh women sleeping around with their Hindu boyfriends going against Sikhism...

And so many Sikh girls date Hindu guys and this trend is increasing as time goes by...Sikh girls just don't want to date a Sikh guy

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Isn't so many Sikh women sleeping around with their Hindu boyfriends going against Sikhism...

And so many Sikh girls date Hindu guys and this trend is increasing as time goes by...Sikh girls just don't want to date a Sikh guy

The only rules regarding sexual conduct that Sikhi gives to Sikhs are in the Rehat Maryada, and they are that no one can have sex before marriage, and that Sikh women should marry Sikh men (written as a lovely double-standard). Are you sure you want to rely on this?

People need to stop trying to control everyone else and focus on controlling their own selves.

Mar 27, 2018
I

A) I don't believe it to be a true statement
B) define sikh
C) why are you only calling out women

A) the statement is true...lot of Sikhs complain about it...many have experienced it...and you can see it around yourself

B) Sikh is a learner...who always learns and follows words of Waheguru

C) because women are the backbone of Sikhi....that being said...Men too should maintain Maryada....usually Men are more concerned about Sikhi than Women

Mar 27, 2018
The only rules regarding sexual conduct that Sikhi gives to Sikhs are in the Rehat Maryada, and they are that no one can have sex before marriage, and that Sikh women should marry Sikh men (written as a lovely double-standard). Are you sure you want to rely on this?

People need to stop trying to control everyone else and focus on controlling their own selves.

How can you call our Guru's words as double standards??? You are Questioning sikhi now? Of course it also means that Sikh men should only marry Sikh women

No one is controlling anyone...I am pointing out flaws with our community...making people aware isn't called controlling

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
How can you call our Guru's words as double standards??? You are Questioning sikhi now? Of course it also means that Sikh men should only marry Sikh women

No one is controlling anyone...I am pointing out flaws with our community...making people aware isn't called controlling

Friend, the Sikh Rehat Maryada was written in the 1940s, not by Guru Sahib. That is what I was referring to. And in the English version it says, specifically, that a Sikh should marry his daughter to a Sikh man. But it doesn't say anything about sons. Why is it worded like that when it could be inclusive?

Guru Sahib wrote nothing so mundane as who should marry who.

usually Men are more concerned about Sikhi than Women

You got a source for that?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

@Ishna ji,

I agree. It sounds very machista indeed. One other thing I wonder about "that no one can have sex before marriage,"
What does it really mean?
SRM does not talk about virginity.

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK
A) the statement is true...lot of Sikhs complain about it...many have experienced it...and you can see it around yourself

B) Sikh is a learner...who always learns and follows words of Waheguru

C) because women are the backbone of Sikhi....that being said...Men too should maintain Maryada....usually Men are more concerned about Sikhi than Women
I'm sorry but this is utter nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM