• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Leisure Who Is Your Favorite Singer?

celinasinha

SPNer
Aug 3, 2012
USA
Hello Friends.

Michael Jackson is the best singer in the world. He is the greatest ever king of every thing in music. He is dead so what he is still alive in our hearts. . I am the greatest Michael Jackson fan ever in the history of the world. I love Michael Jackson very much. Michael Jackson is the greatest singer of all the time. His name will be remember ever in the history of all the centuries. His all songs were very nature loving and sweet.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
When it comes to western music, my range is massively huge.
I wouldn't really regard Michael Jackson as THE best singer, but after seeing him live on every tour after the ''bad''tour, I would definitely say that he was a Great Entertainer, may be the best in the music industry!!!
His performance was fantastic and actually got better and better with time. But, I can't just isolate his singing voice away from his whole performance to say that it was the best singing!! -I think that his performance was unique but was just a great combination of everything he gave.
Because of this, if he was still around then he may have become a legend as such like Elvis.- Maybe he will, only time will tell.

My musical interest are very wide from classic jazz and rock to todays dance and hip hop. I can't say that I rate anyone as a favourite singer as such, in my opinion I always think that if someone can sing better than me, then they are good and I can't criticize them. I may compare them to each other by all means.
With certain musicians you can isolate their singing away from their bands and music so that the pure quality of singing shines through-
- In this regard, I would probably say Bono, Phil Collins, Mick Jagger, Steve Tyler, Bruce Springsteen, Steve Perry, Bruno Mars and of course the king Elvis!!- There are probably many more but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

From the Indian subcontinent, I rate many of which some I don't even know their names! But I would say- Bhai Gurpreet Singh shimlawal, Gopal singh Ragi, Tirlochan singh Ragi, Joginder Singh Riar and many more kirtanae.

Folk singers, I would say Kuldip Manak and Yamla Jatt.
More modern singers, I would have to say Jazzy Bains and Surinder (DCS). -
-The reason for these four is because they can carry any melody or tune in any raag quite well, whilst others can only limit to a selected few quite well.
Again, these are the only ones that come to mind at the moment as there are probably many more.

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Anyway, who is my favourite singer ?
Well, there is only one person that I know that can sing kirtan, punjabi folk, rock, rock and roll, do a little rapping also, with some jazz and funk, do some blues also.

You can hear this person do all of this in the course of an hour or so! The singing is not brilliant but it's the switching that matters.

itsmaneet

SPNer
Jun 13, 2012
Nagpur, India
Bhai Nirmal Singh Ji Khalsa,
Bhai Inderjit Singh Ji Khalsa,
Bhai Gurmail Singh (Retd. Hazoori Ragi, Darbar Sahib)
Bhai Gurmej Singh (Retd. Hazoori Ragi, Darbar Sahib)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM