• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Is Responsible?

aps0306

SPNer
Oct 27, 2006
Sat Sri Akal,

I went to many forums. There is one thing common in all.
We all have different viewpoints as regards to Sikhi. Why dont
we all have a common teaching. Every person tries to be superior and
presents the teaching of Guru Granth Sahib ji in a twisted manner ( or whats right for him/ her..). Why cant we Sikhs have a comon platform.
I am so sad to say this...SGPC is our extreme organisation. Why cant SGPC
conforms and writes the meanings of all the teachings and we all so called sikhs follow that.
Now we are all divided in small groups considering one as superior to other.

Sorry to say such harsh words here. But I am still searching who I am and which ways will help me to find myself.
Why not we all tell SGPC to make the guidelines and we all follow?

Thanks

Amapreet

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

"The unexamined life is not worth living" (our guru's certainly followed this staunchly)

Im Glad their is philosophical discourse amongst sikhs. This does not mean one is superior to the other, this does not diminish the faith it strenghtens it!

We all have opinions and differences (cultural, ethnic, racial, etc) which sets us apart.

Quite frankly I enjoy differences instead of everyone being one giant group of mindless drones repeating the same thing over and over again agreeing to whatever is passed down to us. (differences are only negative when they are used to instill hatred....this i staunchly oppose)

Sikhism itself was a liberal movement that was built upon the challenging of dominant authority (islam/hinduism). Our Guru's encouraged questioning and questioned the customs and beleifs of their time!
Their was another option for them: to conform like you say and not question. (from division great things emerge: Sikhi itself is but a prime example)

Its the democratic/commune ideal that is all pervasive amongst Sikhs (and I am glad its there....).

Division is the ultimate product of ideology. Or what Emile Durkheim called "THE CULT OF THE INDIVIDUAL" Every human has an innate drive towards expressing individuality! hence differences have always arisen and will continue to arise in the future.

aps0306

SPNer
Oct 27, 2006
Thanks Sinsiter,

I always agree a positive and healthy discussions. And you have righly pointed out that churning of the ideas bring and evolve something new.

But my idea of this writing is about the unclarity. Unclarity and difficulty to find about oneself. And not one place to go and read the supreme things what is taught as per the GURUS. If we all know what is taught to us and then if we discuss, I fully agree.
But neither we will learn anything or will listen anything. We will just baber about the small knowledge and wil go on endless discussion.

But neither we will learn anything or will listen anything. (quote, aps0306, oct 27)

Well I am not sure what you mean by that, but the entire point of a debate is to litsen and learn (find comprimise...and I have seen comprimise on forums). I learn more through debate than any other effective observational tool.

SGPC has problems of its own (major institutional problems). If your looking for organization Sikhism or Hinduism/Jainism are not where you should be looking....I would recommend something more rigid like catholicism.

The centralization of power brings about greed and more corruption...the faith becomes higly politicized more emotionally charged which then ends up in violence. Division marginalizes power keeps everyone on their toes. (reason why minority governments perform so well...because everything is regulated and scrutinized with impunity)

Whenever their is centralization of power there is militarization.

A collective conscience should exist between sikhs but it should take route in the expression of Sikh Morality. Because Sikh Morality is the only feild of religion that is Black and White (to some extent of course .... :}{}{}: )

cheers

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM