• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sects Who Are The Radha Soami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

singh_man

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Over the past few years I have met more and more Sikhs attending and participating in Radha Soami Sat Sangs across Toronto and even in the UK. This got me curious and I wanted to try to understand what was going on here since at first this seemed very contradictory to what Sikhism preaches. I casually observed one of these Sat Sang's at a family friends house. There is this Sant referred to as Masterji that sits on the sofa with his legs crossed and the rest of the sangat sits on the floor. They come bow to him, touch his feet and give money. They were treating him like a holy guru! People would come and ask questions - about life, about their personal issues, about hope etc. This "Masterji" would answer them - speaking mostly in Hindi yet referencing the Guru Granth Sahib and Guru Nanak on occasion mixed with other philosophies and Hinduism. He would give advice and also provide predictions on the future, such as when someone will have a child and whether it will be a boy or girl!

He seemed to have a large following and most of them punjabi Sikhs from what I saw. To me this looks like a big hoax but I am starting to see some of my family members getting hooked on this thing.

So a few questions:
1- What is this faith and how does it relate to Sikhism?
2- Why do so many Sikhs follow this faith?
3- Is there legitamity in what they preach?
4- Is bowing and worshipping these Masterji's not contradictory to Sikhism?

I haven't seen any official statement from the Gurdwara's taking a stance on Radha Soami's so I am curious as to it's acceptance and tolerance in our society.

Does anyone have any incite to this sect?

- A curious Singh_man.

singh_man

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Re: Who are the Radha Soami's? Fake baba's?

I should add - that a lot of these people have large pictures of these Masterji's alongside pictures of our Guru's.

What's the deal here?

Veeru

SPNer
Jun 27, 2004

I can only tell about myself that if I ever said that I had realized God, then yes I would be fake. So does it apply to everyone else. We can only speak for ourselves.

psingh40

SPNer
Nov 22, 2006

wahe guru ji ka khalsa wahe guru ji ki fateh,
veer ji u are very much right lots of sikhs are attending these places ... cuz they dont know themself and even dont know there own religion (sikhism which is complete in itself ... there is no need of any baba in sikhism) ... there faith is very week in the religion and over all they actually never tried to be a true sikh of guru ji

singh_man

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006

The common theme I hear from people following such babai, is that their questions are not being answered by Sikhi and by going to Gurdwaras and praying. Perhaps these people are weak in mind and need a physical "holy" being telling them what is right and what is wrong and what their karma has in store for them. Lost souls? - perhaps.

Do we need another introspective look at how our current Gurdwara's and religious outlets are serving the sangat as a whole?

Why are so many people disillusioned or confused?

There is definitely a problem with our current institutions and culture that needs to be addressed if we are to succeed and progress as a whole.

These discussions and teaching's need to be done in a simple, plain and modern language to articulate the true value of the Guru's words.

singh_man

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006

Nicely said.

May I ask:
- what specific truth(s) are you seeking?
- is your journey progressing?
- are your questions being answered?

Singh_man

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

Nicely said.

May I ask:
- what specific truth(s) are you seeking?
- is your journey progressing?
- are your questions being answered?

Singh_man

- Sat Naam
- Journey means progression
- all questions have answers. otherwise no need to question.:)

Enjoy your journey.

Tejwant

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all and Singh Man Ji!

Quote "The common theme I hear from people following such babai, is that their questions are not being answered by Sikhi and by going to Gurdwaras and praying."
It is sad if it is true. Internet Gurdwaras seem to have better future. Perhaps they should ask questions on free forums like this.

Quote "Perhaps these people are weak in mind and need a physical "holy" being telling them what is right and what is wrong and what their karma has in store for them."
I do not know Radhasoamis. Nevertheless, I found physical holy beings telling what is wrong and what is right in Gurdwaras too.

Quote "Lost souls? - perhaps"
We can find it out or we better find the Truth.

Quote "Do we need another introspective look at how our current Gurdwara's and religious outlets are serving the sangat as a whole?"
Those who are holding the responsible posts may not be thinking the same.

Quote "Why are so many people disillusioned or confused?"
I have heard It is always when someone gets enlightening, such questions come up.

Quote "There is definitely a problem with our current institutions and culture that needs to be addressed if we are to succeed and progress as a whole."
Let us see if God also starts wishing a change for them.

Quote "These discussions and teaching's need to be done in a simple, plain and modern language to articulate the true value of the Guru's words."
I feel Guru's language is very simple, plain and modern. We complicate it by interpreting.

Balbir Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world

Gurfateh

Radhswami Faith as allegednly formed by Baba Shivdayal Singh Ji but realy by Rai Bahadur Saligram Ji and Baba Jaimal Singh Ji(of beas).Beas people are generaly das thinks are been disccused here.

Baba Shivdyal Singh Ji also termed as Hajur Ji.He was member of Nirmalas and got good state of sprituality.His yuonger brother Baba Brindban Ji became one of the greatest person from our order.
In Nirmala there was ans till is in some part o Punjab that person who teaches the Nam Abhyas is adressed as Gurudev. but Esth Guru is Sabad Guru.

But they have made Satiguru of Gurudev and say that same is Isthguru.So it is sect and Agra one are neaer to Hindus and Beas one tend to be neaer to Sikhs but are not good for Hindus also.As they are veggy and pessimestic and can not be savage,which Hindus need to be at present.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006

<<As they are veggy and pessimestic and can not be savage,which Hindus need to be at present.>>

why would being veggie interfere with being proactive,...if that is what you meant by savage..

am i understanding correctly?

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004

Quote "These discussions and teaching's need to be done in a simple, plain and modern language to articulate the true value of the Guru's words."
I feel Guru's language is very simple, plain and modern. We complicate it by interpreting

Dear Balbir Singh ji

Can you please elaborate this point further .

Does this statement hold good for all irrespective of the primary language ( Mother Tongue) of the person reading Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

As for me my mother tongue is Punjabi and I also Know hindi but still many times I could not understand many things from Guru Granth Sahib.

Kindly share your advise that how can it be improved

Jatinder Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world

Gurfateh

<<As they are veggy and pessimestic and can not be savage,which Hindus need to be at present.>>

why would being veggie interfere with being proactive,...if that is what you meant by savage..

am i understanding correctly?

as per Gyani Sohan Singh Ji Seetal grasseater is by nature less fighter.

But nayway das will elaborate.Veg food makes mind full of peace and trenqulity which is good only in peqace time.Veggy may be angery fast but to be savge one also has to be cold blooded.We can see that Veggis like Jains,budhists ,the veggi budhists or Vaishnavs say in Gujrat are not very good in war.

More thing can be said but not here but in veggi or non vegg discussion.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all and Jatinder Singh Jee!

Quote "Can you please elaborate this point further."
There is nothing to simplify it further. One requires only Naam to dispel false imaginations.
Without Naam all statements from the Gurus are riddles.

Balbir Singh

Dec 22, 2006

ok i only joined to tell everyone, who is, to plz stop talking bad about radha soami and our masters,"some of us do believe them as god, you know".
think for a second what if someone calls your sikh religion a fake or your satguru a fake!?????????????????????????

kulwants

SPNer
Jul 10, 2004
As informed by another learned member: To all my brothers and sisters out there, we all know that Radhasoami exists. Sikhs in this very modern time do tend to follow their beliefs, and still class themselves as sikhs. This email is not a hatred email, nor supportive, this email is here to open the eyes of sikhs out there. Recent studies and investigations show that Radhasoami are aiming to take over sikhi by conversion. They are now making sure that sikhs that do attend their weekly dereh to take naam. Naam is an official baptism process, where an indvidual says five words: "onkaar, satnam, jhot-nirankaar, surang, noraag" and are there on classed as a Radhasoami. The head of each dereh all around the UK, Canada, and America have made formal decisions that the year 2007 is the year where all sikhs will be converted to Radhasoami.
The following are questions to raise the Radhasoami masters, and believers, if their religion is such of purity,
1. why are they repeating the same actions of the mughals? But without physical power, only mental power?
2. Why do they take out passages from our Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, and yet do not believe in it?
3. Why do they only believe in our first five guru's, and not the following five? After all the ghatee of Guru Nanak Dev Ji was passed down ten times after wasnt it?
4. Why did Gurbachan Singh, a former guru of Radhasoami, wear a kara? have 'Singh' in his name? Have a kess? Give the impression that he is apart of the khalsa-panth, which was created by Guru Gobind Singh Ji in 1699, whom of which they do not believe in...?
5. Why was Jaimal thrown out of the satsangs of Salig Ram and Misra, why did they try to convert everyone in those locations to RS beliefs? Who actually wrote the letters attributed to Jaimal in Beas books?
6. Who killed Path of the Masters author Julian Johnson at the Dera?
7. Why did Jagat's wife attempt suicide off a tower at Beas, and his son actually succeed?
8. Read the first hand account of a rep whom smuggled goods into India for Charan at the risk of going to jail.
9. Did you know Swami was not the founder of Radhasoami undermined faith? According to Faqir Chand, whom Sawan endorsed as an RS master and gave permission to change the teachings, modern day Radhasoami masters have no power, do not project their radiant forms, do not come for the disciple at death, do not take the disciple’s karma and do not even know what happens after death.
10. Did you know RS initiation is almost identical to Yogananda’s group and it is kundalini yoga?
11. Did you know Darshan stood before a crowd and proclaimed he was not the successor to Kirpal? Read Sawan's registered wills and find out what ordinary seva job he allocated to Kirpal at the Dera after his death.
12. Did you know many RS “guru’s” may be millionaires claiming to live off their own earnings and will not provide financial statements to the public for their non profit organizations nor disclose the salaries they receive?

nimana17

SPNer
Jan 21, 2007
The people who says that they pray in Guru Darbar But getting no answer , they are in total dark. my salah to these sikhs is that please try to find answer from urself, have you please try to understandwhat Jap ji sahib is telling you.Gurbani is like a Peheredaar (Guard) warn and protect you every second of time.Its Satgur Jagta Hai dehu,. If any DehDhari guru boast to solve ur problems it means , and u follow him then u only and only try to get some mentaly satisfaction nothin more than that,

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM