• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sects Who Are The Radha Soami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
So What should we do? Put the holy book down..or keep it with other books... or make it our pillow? You have questioned why we do not put feet towards it. Did Guru Nanak say that Mecca is Bad or Quraan is Bad? No... now you will say that you never said it either.... but you meant to engage us in this conversation on these lines. I am sure you want to steer us towards RS idea that it is a mere book.
( on a side note... why this book was revered till about 1954 in Dera Beas etc)

So please let us know what we should do.... instead of finding faults.. show us the way and why we should follow that path.W hat different message you have. Please let us know so that we are not left behind.

Dear Bally Ji

I took it as a genuine question and have attempted to provide an answer

Our young friend has already said he is not RS but is keeping an open mind on things which I personally think is an admirable quality

I linked to some threads questioning some of the current practices concerning how SGGSJ is approached.....perhaps you could share your thoughts with us in that respect???

Nov 14, 2008
alrighty. why do people believe the guru granth sahib is a guru and not just a msg of the gurus?

hi nav ,

ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਾਰੇ ॥
The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

ਗੁਰੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਕਹੈ ਸੇਵਕੁ ਜਨੁ ਮਾਨੈ ਪਰਤਖਿ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਿਸਤਾਰੇ ॥੫॥
If His humble servant believes, and acts according to the Words of the Guru's Bani, then the Guru, in person, emancipates him. ||5||

Shabad is Our Guru

ਰਤਨਾ ਰਤਨ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਬਹੁ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਭਰਿਆ ਰਾਮ ॥
The great ocean is full of the treasures of jewels upon jewels.

ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਲਾਗੇ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਹਥਿ ਚੜਿਆ ਰਾਮ ॥
Those who are committed to the Word of the Guru's Bani, see them come into their hands.

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਲਾਗੇ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਹਥਿ ਚੜਿਆ ਨਿਰਮੋਲਕੁ ਰਤਨੁ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥
This priceless, incomparable jewel comes into the hands of those who are committed to the Word of the Guru's Bani.

navnav

Banned
Oct 2, 2010
I actually do not care what path you follow but it is mass Sikhi that does care people are straying from Sikhism. I’m not trying to take anything away from Sikhism but we should ask ourselves. Do you think Sikhism today is what guru nanak had in mind? Why or why not?
And seeker I’m a she not a he, just a side note, I don’t know why it even matters lol
why are the 5ks relevant today? Why should Sikhism not be modernized? What’s more important physically appearing religious rather than just being a good person?
Why is the new stigma if you’re not for khalistan you’re against Sikhism? What if I don’t agree with what bindrawala did? Almost certain guru nanak wouldn’t either but I guess I’ll let him talk for himself.
There is no muslim or hindu. I don’t think he meant because there is this new religion called Sikhism, I think the message was more like we are all human, no?

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
And seeker I’m a she not a he, just a side note, I don’t know why it even matters lol
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Whoops!
My apologies, I will remember!!
winkingmunda

And I think you have made some good points here for further constructive discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM