• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Which Puts You To Sleep/Relaxes Fastest?

Soothing Sleep Inducing

• RAIN

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • BIRDS NATURE SOUNDS

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • OCEAN

• SPACE (down converted radiation)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Relaxing Sounds - Zen

• Other (Post Example)

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
The whirring of my ceiling fan!! :mundabhangra:

I would love to say Naam Japna or kirten puts me to sleep, but it actually puts me into a trance instead of a sleep. It gets stuck in my head and I am in a half-sleep half-daze state for half the night with the music playing in my head incessantly and I end up not knowing quite where I am.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Ishna ji,
Explore that half-sleep half-daze phenomenon more. Do you become more aware during sleep? of your dreams? Do you realize you are dreaming as you dream them in this state?
Try exploring simran and kirtan separately. Would love to hear your experience. Pm me if you want.

Driops

SPNer
Jan 6, 2012
Every sound chills me/ cools me down. If you clearly listen you listen in every sound the same- That I can´t explain it is just WOW! I fall in something like a rush - happy - half asleep half awake like Ishna ji. I don´t i start to comprehend. It is just the sound explaining, explaining the sound. I know this sounds wierd - but it is true.

PS. I am not crazy

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Hmm lately nothing is helping me sleep, around 10 at night, I would lay down close my eyes. All lights switched off, total dark, still can't sleep. And then would get up multiple times during the night, only to sleep late till the morning. I think my mind is not tired at the end of the day to go to sleep.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Hmm lately nothing is helping me sleep, around 10 at night, I would lay down close my eyes. All lights switched off, total dark, still can't sleep. And then would get up multiple times during the night, only to sleep late till the morning. I think my mind is not tired at the end of the day to go to sleep.
Kanwaljit Singh veer I think the logic is other way around. You say,

I think my mind is not tired at the end of the day to go to sleep.
I believe if your body is not tired and brimming with energy, this energy needs an outlet. So in bed what is the outlet? I can think of few for the married but for a single person the brain is given all the energy. So is brain going to simply shut down in such a case! Nope! Hence insomniac bouts.

Some tricks to cut down on energy circulating the body and being channeled to the brain,

• Eat heavy meal before sleeping to make body work on digestion
  • Warm Glass of milk and cookie to get the body busy and use energy to digest
  • Best of course is bedroom physical stuff lol:mundaviolin:
  • Getting body tired any other way
  • Getting heavily drunk and passing out (not recommended due to what you will face in the morning):singhbhangra:
I am no doctor but that is what I think.

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM