• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

When Doubt Enters

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
No matter what our age, there are times for whatever reason we start doubting ourselves. We'll fall into the hype of too old, too young, our illness, and before we know it we have convinced ourselves not even to try.

Recently I was watching several news stories about our brave service men and women that were facing insurmountable circumstances pertaining to injuries and wanted to kick myself for falling into the above catagory.

All of them decided to move forward and do the best they knew how with what God granted them. If they couldn't run that 20 miles, they would run one. If they could no longer see, they would feel and sense things. I could feel the spirit within them. It reached out to me.

They all gave me inspiration to get moving and not complain because of the limitations I put in my head. By that I simply mean looking at something and saying "why bother". I can't do it. It will take too long. It's over whelming.

If I can't stand longer then 5 hours, I'll stand 4. If I've never ran that mile, I'll walk it. If I can't complete a project in one day, I'll complete it in two or three.

I can not live by others expectations of me or what my mind thinks they expect of me, but I can live and live well by giving what I know is 100% of myself in whatever I do.

That is all I can do and not slip into the pity party. It is not a party to celebrate. I do not like or want pity. So why in God's name did I ever go to that party?

I have always been an independent person, a strong person. Things started to change in my life and I could no longer do what I use to. Even a relationship took a turn I never expected.

So because things weren't the same I started to say, "why bother"? How foolish of me! Yes, there was change around me but
I was the one that needed to adjust to my environment, not it to me. My wings were clipped a little. So what!

I could still fly even if a bit clumsy. I could still walk even if a bit slower. I could still be me and get down on one knee and ask God for forgiveness. What a selfish bit of propaganda I put in my head. And I can still love!

How and when did I stop feeding my spirit? How and when did I lose self? How and when did I forget that we are all human and make mistakes?

So I pray for all the men and women in service. I especially pray for all the injured and the strength they find within themselves to never give up.

You've inspired me. You've filled my spirit. You've shown me what a free soul is truly about. You are courage !

Always look for hope.

kuttu

SPNer
Feb 28, 2008
I always have hope that is the one thing that keeps me going and wanting to discover things in life and its no different with religion finding what your path and having the strength to learn no matter what doubts come or people might say its important to believe.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: