• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What's His Name? (Dhadrianwale?)

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
Hey folks i got a simple question, can you tell me the name of this baba ji? The one who is next to sant baba ranjit singh ji? Picture is attached

BABA JI.png

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Re: What´s his name? (Dhadrianwale?)

Well from your picture it appears his name is "Who is this" with a squiggly line.

Then you named him 'Baba ji' when you said. "...tell me the name of this baba ji"

Then you named him "The one who is next to sant baba ranjit singh ji".

What other name are you looking for? :grinningsingh:
Hahaha!

I am sorry, Iknow which name you are looking for. I don't know that specific name (that name which his parents gave him when he was born). Maybe someone else can provide that name.

PS
You may try asking his parents, since they started this whole thing. ;)

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany

Lol, BhagatSingh thanks for this joke, but i am really searching for this guy.. Hope someone can tell me, he makes good Kathas I saw him on Sikhchannel one day :eek:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

Lol, BhagatSingh thanks for this joke, but i am really searching for this guy.. Hope someone can tell me, he makes good Kathas I saw him on Sikhchannel one day :eek:
Tigerstylz ji his last name is Singh I forgot the first name. I think we are half way there :interestedmunda:

You like the style of Katha or the content of Katha from this person! If there is a YouTube or other video perhaps you can post.

Sat Sri Akal.

OSingh

SPNer
Jul 14, 2011
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The person in the above video is bhai Harinder Singh ji. Bhai sahib is around 21 years of age and I think he lives in Coventry area of UK. Here are some videos of bhai sahib:

‪Bhai Navreet Singh, Bhai Harinder Singh & Bhai Kulwant Singh‬‏ - YouTube

and

‪Nirvair Khalsa Jatha UK at MSKSA‬‏ - YouTube

Bhai sahib is currently doing parchar across UK. He has a jatha called 'Nirvair Khalsa'. Bhai sahib does kirtan accompanied with katha in English. I can personally vouch for the positive impact bhai sahib is having on youth in UK. As he is young and can convey message of Gurbani in English, he is inspiring youth in the UK towards Sikhi, bana and inspiring youth to not cut kesh and avoid drugs alcohol etc.

Bhai sahib usually accompanies bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadrian when he comes to do parchar in UK.

Its good to see a young Singh inspiring other youth to take amrit, keep kesh, read Gurbani etc.

Please lets try and keep this thread positive. We as a panth desperately need more young parcharks to inspire the youth towards Gurmat. Before we criticize others lets first look at our own shortcomings. Its easy to see faults in others but we must also analyse our own jeevan(life).

Lets see the positives in others. Here in the Uk the 'Sikh' youth are moving away from Sikhi and religion in general. Many youth are cutting their kesh, do not attend Gurdawara and are moving towards Western lifestyle. If we keep fighting between ourselves about differeneces in maryada the youth will be lost. Its imperative that we do as much parchar of Bani and Bana to the youth as possible. I wish bhai Harinder Singh all the best and hope he can keep inspiring more youth towards Sikhi.

Maharaj Mehar Karan
Rabb Rakhe

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Why does he go by the title, Bhai Sahib?

Or is this granted to him by his followers because of their appreciation?

I am curious about this? I know of Guru Granth Sahib.

We are all learners so I hope my question can be answered?

OSingh

SPNer
Jul 14, 2011
Harinder Singh doesn't have title 'bhai sahib'. I called him bhai sahib out of respect. Bhai means brother and although I don't know Harinder Singh personally I consider him a brother.

Harinder Singh doesn't have 'followers'. He has a jatha of young Singh's whom he does kirtan seva with. Please listen to some katha kirtan of Harinder Singh. He is trying to attach the sangat to Guru Granth Sahib.

Rabb Rakhe

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Yes Jios..the "Sahib" is just another honorific akin to "JI" that we usually attach to others names worthy of this. Someone like the Late Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh of AKJ ( who is the only Sikh to have been honoured by ALL Five takhats) has an additional BHAI attached to his name..more respect/honour.
However there are others (i know one in Malaysia) who claim this as a title and write their names as BSB (Bhai sahib Bhai) So and So Singh...this is akin to writing JI after your own name !! No one does that.
Mnay religious ladies even call their Husbands..Singh-Sahib..out of respect as its traditional in Punjabi/Indian society for a married woman NEVER to call her husband by Name !!..But this is private and personal honorific !! Normally Singh-Sahib is reserved for the jathedars.. and SRI Singh sahib for people like Yogi harbhajan Singh as well...while SRI-Sahib is SWORD !!

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
Thanks for your replay OSingh, I ve searched lot for Bhai Harinder Singh ji, yes he does katha in english thats some reason i listen to him. I know i need to learn my mother language and I am on it. The problem is that my parents arent that orthodox, and i need to learn it myself..The problem is the Vocabulary and the Comprehension of Gurmukhi.. I do not know what some words mean... However thanks to all for the answers! winkingmunda

OSingh

SPNer
Jul 14, 2011
TigersStyleZ jeeo

Its good to hear you are making an effort to learn your mother tongue.

'The problem is that my parents arent that orthodox, and i need to learn it myself'

I assume your parents are of Panjabi background but speak mostly English. Am I right?

I see a huge problem for young Sikh's growing up in Western countries. I'm fortunate that my parents speak fluent Panjabi, but my generation, 20-30 age range, the future parents hardly use Panjabi at all. The problem is that apart from speaking with our parents we do need to use Panjabi language outside from home, work, school, university, friends etc If we the new generation of Sikhs dont speak Panjabi how on earth will our children speak Panjabi!

Nowadays parents aren't interested in teaching their kids Panjabi, only languages that will benefit them in a future career. As the first language of the Sikh youth is English its inevitable that they are more and more attracted to western culture.

If one has a connection with Panjabi language there is a higher probability of that person becoming attached to the Sikh faith. Thats why kids are moving away from Sikhi, they cant understand bani, katha, kirtan etc.

Bhai tigerstyle ji here is a link where you can start learning the Panjabi language its an excellent site.

http://www.advancedcentrepunjabi.org/keyboard1.html#

I also highly recommend this dictionary -

http://www.bagchee.com/en/books/view/63530/punjabi_university_punjabi_english_dictionary

I purchased mine from a local Gurdwara sahib. There must be a website where you can purchase this online. Good luck learning.

Rabb Rakhe

sachbol

SPNer
Feb 12, 2010

The person in the above video is bhai Harinder Singh ji. Bhai sahib is around 21 years of age and I think he lives in Coventry area of UK. Here are some videos of bhai sahib:

‪Bhai Navreet Singh, Bhai Harinder Singh & Bhai Kulwant Singh‬‏ - YouTube

and

‪Nirvair Khalsa Jatha UK at MSKSA‬‏ - YouTube

Bhai sahib is currently doing parchar across UK. He has a jatha called 'Nirvair Khalsa'. Bhai sahib does kirtan accompanied with katha in English. I can personally vouch for the positive impact bhai sahib is having on youth in UK. As he is young and can convey message of Gurbani in English, he is inspiring youth in the UK towards Sikhi, bana and inspiring youth to not cut kesh and avoid drugs alcohol etc.

Bhai sahib usually accompanies bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadrian when he comes to do parchar in UK.

Its good to see a young Singh inspiring other youth to take amrit, keep kesh, read Gurbani etc.

Please lets try and keep this thread positive. We as a panth desperately need more young parcharks to inspire the youth towards Gurmat. Before we criticize others lets first look at our own shortcomings. Its easy to see faults in others but we must also analyse our own jeevan(life).

Lets see the positives in others. Here in the Uk the 'Sikh' youth are moving away from Sikhi and religion in general. Many youth are cutting their kesh, do not attend Gurdawara and are moving towards Western lifestyle. If we keep fighting between ourselves about differeneces in maryada the youth will be lost. Its imperative that we do as much parchar of Bani and Bana to the youth as possible. I wish bhai Harinder Singh all the best and hope he can keep inspiring more youth towards Sikhi.

Maharaj Mehar Karan
Rabb Rakhe

He must be a good kathavachak but he is not in good company. So called "Baba" Dhadarian is fraud !

OSingh

SPNer
Jul 14, 2011
Its disappointing that bhai Ranjit Singh ji was bought into this thread. I pre-empted this sort of my response in my post by saying-

"Before we criticize others lets first look at our own shortcomings. Its easy to see faults in others but we must also analyse our own jeevan(life)."

We should be trying to see the positives in others and not shortcomings. This thread was about Harinder Singh ji who is currently doing good seva here in the UK. Constantly finding faults in others will not help us on our path towards towards Akal Purakh.

Finding faults in others is easy anybody can do this. However identifying positives in others is harder. I pray Harinder Singh ji has a long healthy life and continues to do seva for the panth by attaching people to Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Rabb Mehar Karan

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
"Before we criticize others lets first look at our own shortcomings. Its easy to see faults in others but we must also analyse our own jeevan(life)."

But why? Critical inquiry and a questioning mind are part of the "beautiful mind" given us by the Satguru. When things don't add up, why not say so?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Its disappointing that bhai Ranjit Singh ji was bought into this thread. I pre-empted this sort of my response in my post by saying-

We should be trying to see the positives in others and not shortcomings. This thread was about Harinder Singh ji who is currently doing good seva here in the UK. Constantly finding faults in others will not help us on our path towards towards Akal Purakh.

Finding faults in others is easy anybody can do this. However identifying positives in others is harder. I pray Harinder Singh ji has a long healthy life and continues to do seva for the panth by attaching people to Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Rabb Mehar Karan
Osingh ji there is the following saying,

You are known by the company you keep.
It is quite possible that the younger people relate to younger ones more easily. There is nothing wrong with that.

However, once your core value is known or you show it (in this case he is seen with old people doing "Matha" and giving gifts, etc.), you can spend rest of your life hiding it or camouflaging it, It does not work. Consider the following,

‪TRuTH oF BaBa DhinDRi {PaRT 1} DhaDriaN WaLa SaaDH} kalgi‬‏ - YouTube

Sat Sri Akal.

OSingh

SPNer
Jul 14, 2011
Aman Singh ji, the only videos I'm aware of are the ones on youtube.

Tigerstylez asked about Harinder Singh ji, he never asked about information on Ranjit Singh ji. Their is also a thread on this forum 11 pages long about Ranjit Singh. Also there was discussion on learning Panjabi. Up until this point thread was positive.

It seems some members have already made their minds up on Ranjit Singh, however maybe this video may clear some doubts, their are 4 parts I believe (please watch all 4 parts - he covers topics such as the use of the word Sant, Gurdwara Parmeshar Dwar, where donations from sangat are spent etc) -

‪Sant Ranjit Singh Jee Khalsa Dhadrianwale (www.nirvair-khalsa.com) Interview-pt 1‬‏ - YouTube

The first time I saw Harinder Singh was on a youth discussion show on SikhChannel which is aired in the UK. What was obvious was the love and enthusiasm Harinder Singh had for Sikhi. I believe it was Ranjit Singh who encouraged Harinder Singh to start doing parchar here in the UK. Harinder Singh has spent a lot of time with Ranjit Singh in UK and India. He is currently with Ranjit Singh during his visit to the UK where their will be 3,4 amrit sanchars.

Whats noticeable is the amount of sangat, young and old, that attends Ranjit Singh's diwans and the attention with which sangat listen. There is no doubt Ranjit Singh is having a positive affect on sangat here in UK. Many people have given up drinking, cutting kesh and have taken amrit listening to his diwans.

Is this a bad thing?

Just ask Singh's in UK who stay with Ranjit Singh here in UK, they will confirm he stays fully in rehat, does nitnem, naam simran, amritvela. I wish Harinder Singh could post here on this forum and he would let you know the positive effect Ranjit Singh has had on him and many other Singhs. He has stopped people matha teking, this was long time ago. Never during his diwans does Ranjit Singh ask money from the sangat. He only talks about greatness of Guru's, Guru Granth Sahib etc.

One thing about Ranjit Singh is that he is very approachable and willing to listen. He has stated that if sangat wants he will answer any questions the sangat may have.

Guru Sahib da hukam hai, Saanjh kareejai guna keri, chhod avgun chaliyai||

This will be my last post on this.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Ambarsaria ji, I think this might just be common human behavior.
‪My Name Is Khan Shah Rukh Khan Fans USA‬‏ - YouTube

‪Salman Khan's bodyguard engages in brawl with fans at Hyderabad mall‬‏ - YouTube

Now if they didn't have security, they would all pounce on him like hungry cats and dogs.

Neither the Sant nor the Actor asks for this. They just get it.

I think Sadhs/Sants have it easy. People are much more calm and respectful. and they have fewer people to deal with at any given time. Sadh Sants are humble and have something real to offer, a reform back to Guru's teachings or of another religion's teachings, as OSingh jimentions. The Actor is just playing a role, does no such thing. (Unless of course the movie is thought provoking... which Bollywood movies rarely are.)

Now one can ask how is a Sant humble while receiving so much material wealth? We question whether the so-called Sant is even humble. Nothing wrong with asking but we come to judge one way or another... this is trouble. Ultimately we cannot know the condition of somebody's mind. It is simply dishonest to not admit this. But what I find funny here is that noone questions the Actor for receiving all the attention. What has the actor really done? On the other hand, the Sant has done parchar and tried to bring people to God, if we can grant him/her at least that much.

Perhaps with the actor we know it was all the fake personas we were in love with (even thought we continue to believe at a deeper level that that fake persona is all really them). And perhaps with such Sants our belief of their real persona is shattered, after they do something we detest.

Anything anyone perceives of any other human, is fake. It is our faulty perception of them. The real deal is known when we go inside of ourselves and find out who WE are. Only then we come to know who others really are.

and ultimately, Guru Nanak states that both get such attention by His command.
ਹੁਕਮੀ ਹੋਵਨਿ ਆਕਾਰ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਕਹਿਆ ਜਾਈ
हुकमी होवनि आकार हुकमु न कहिआ जाई ॥
Hukmī hovan ākār hukam na kahi▫ā jā▫ī.
By His Command, bodies are created; His Command cannot be described.
ਹੁਕਮੀ ਹੋਵਨਿ ਜੀਅ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਵਡਿਆਈ
हुकमी होवनि जीअ हुकमि मिलै वडिआई ॥
Hukmī hovan jī▫a hukam milai vadi▫ā▫ī.
By His Command, souls come into being; by His Command, glory and greatness are obtained.
ਹੁਕਮੀ ਉਤਮੁ ਨੀਚੁ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਲਿਖਿ ਦੁਖ ਸੁਖ ਪਾਈਅਹਿ
हुकमी उतमु नीचु हुकमि लिखि दुख सुख पाईअहि ॥
Hukmī uṯam nīcẖ hukam likẖ ḏukẖ sukẖ pā▫ī▫ah.
By His Command, some are high and some are low; by His Written Command, pain and pleasure are obtained.
ਇਕਨਾ ਹੁਕਮੀ ਬਖਸੀਸ ਇਕਿ ਹੁਕਮੀ ਸਦਾ ਭਵਾਈਅਹਿ
इकना हुकमी बखसीस इकि हुकमी सदा भवाईअहि ॥
Iknā hukmī bakẖsīs ik hukmī saḏā bẖavā▫ī▫ah.
Some, by His Command, are blessed and forgiven; others, by His Command, wander aimlessly forever.
ਹੁਕਮੈ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਹੁਕਮ ਕੋਇ
हुकमै अंदरि सभु को बाहरि हुकम न कोइ ॥
Hukmai anḏar sabẖ ko bāhar hukam na ko▫e.
Everyone is subject to His Command; no one is beyond His Command.
ਨਾਨਕ ਹੁਕਮੈ ਜੇ ਬੁਝੈ ਹਉਮੈ ਕਹੈ ਕੋਇ ॥੨॥
नानक हुकमै जे बुझै त हउमै कहै न कोइ ॥२॥
Nānak hukmai je bujẖai ṯa ha▫umai kahai na ko▫e. ||2||
O Nanak, one who understands His Command, does not speak in ego. ||2||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM