• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What's Bugging You ?

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh

A man was sitting on his porch one autumn day reflecting on life. As he noticed the once beautifully colored leaves laying withered on the grass, he thought about his own mortality and prayed for God to send him an angel to watch over and protect him so he would have a long and fruitful life. Afterwards, he felt an overwhelming sense of peace and knew that God had heard his heartfelt request.

Then one day shortly after, while crossing the street, he was hit by a car and died instantly. When he reached the Gates of Heaven, he was perplexed and asked Akal Purakh, "Waheguru ji, I know that you heard my prayer-- why didn't you send someone to protect me when I needed it the most?"

"My dear child", Waheguru Ji replied, "I did indeed hear your request and commissioned a tiny guardian angel to watch over and warn you whenever you were approaching danger."

Then the man realized and sadly recalled: "Moments before I was hit, I was walking down the street and a flying creature was following me. Each time I waved it away it returned, frantically fluttering about me. Finally I got so annoyed that I swatted it to the ground and crushed it with my foot, thinking it was some kind of bug."

So, what has been "bugging" you lately? Often we pray to Waheguru for blessings but then reject or overlook the form in which they arrive because they seem so insignificant to us.

Waheguru is not always in the BIG things as we expect. Most times his voice is quiet and still-- which is why if we're not paying attention, we will miss it. When there is a person or situation in your life that bothers you, most likely Waheguru is sending a message that there is something inside your heart that needs to be looked at and dealt with in order to receive the blessing you asked for.

Take a look at the people and situations in your life that you have labeled as bothersome, and instead of waving them away from you, ask Waheguru what He is trying to say to you in these areas. Then, the next time something "bugs" you, instead of complaining, you can thank Waheguru for answering your prayers.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: