• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What You Need To Su

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
हर समय सोचते रहने वाले लोग इसे ज़रूर देखें

People who are thinking all the time must see this video

अमीर और कामयाब बनने के लिए तेज़ दिमाग और ज़्यादा पढ़ाई नहीं चाहिए | क्या चाहिए, इस वीडिओ को ज़रूर देखें

To be rich and successful, there is no need to have big brain and high education

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I think all the time, but not about being rich and successful, what does this have to do with philosophy?

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
I can think of two points which relate to philosophy

1) Thinkers or Scholars get little recognition & awards compared to Activists.

2) “Well done, is better than well said.”
Actions speak louder than words. When you do something, it shows your point better. You should not brag, let your success speak for itself. People would more likely notice this. If you say something, but don't do it, you wouldn't be keeping your word. Words aren't proof; actions are.

Anyone can say anything at any time. We have no way to determine if what someone says is true. If someone can actually do something and show that they are capable of completing a task or what have you than we can see with our own eyes if it is well done, and not just spoken, possibly never to happen.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
do philosophers need recognition? does not recognition go against the very principles of philosophy?

success is relative, to you it might be money and recognition, but it is not for me.

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
In worldly sense 'Yes' philosophers need recognition or compensation just like any other person.

It could be money, power, fame; anything that drives or gives satisfaction.

If you look at present scenario in Sikh Community ie conflict between Scholars & Priestly class, what are they fighting for ?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
In worldly sense 'Yes' philosophers need recognition or compensation just like any other person.

is that not an oxy{censored}, surely the study of philosophy is to get to a point where you reject recognition, where instead of compensation, you simply earn what you need?

It could be money, power, fame; anything that drives or gives satisfaction.

none of these give me satisfaction, that is why I am on this forum, rather than say a personal development forum, or a forum for people that want money, power and fame. Do you want money, power and fame?

If you look at present scenario in Sikh Community ie conflict between Scholars & Priestly class, what are they fighting for ?

power, but that does not validate your argument,it merely proves that such is so ingrained in Sikhism that it can be justifiably used as an argument in a philosophy forum

singhbj

SPNer
Nov 4, 2007
is that not an oxy{censored}, surely the study of philosophy is to get to a point where you reject recognition, where instead of compensation, you simply earn what you need?

Generally people in developing countries are driven by basic need ie food, clothing & shelter unlike developed nations which provides social security or dole to citizens.
So basic needs won't get you to work therefore God invented lure of money, power, sex

none of these give me satisfaction, that is why I am on this forum, rather than say a personal development forum, or a forum for people that want money, power and fame. Do you want money, power and fame?

Good for you

power, but that does not validate your argument,it merely proves that such is so ingrained in Sikhism that it can be justifiably used as an argument in a philosophy forum

Nobody is a Saadh ie who has kaam, krodh, lobh, moh, ahankaar in control so why fake it !

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: