• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Will Happen If I Put My Faith In Him And Pray Him To Change My Orientation ?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
lol.. this is what we call ਵਾਲ ਦੀ ਖੱਲ ਲਾਹੁਣੀ..
and how organ transplant/disease cure is related to orientation?
Organ transplant is a need, and sexual orientation is a choice.

Reminder that the official language of SPN is English. Please include an English translation when posting Punjabi words/phrases so we can all understand and benefit from/contribute to the discussion. Thanks.

notanotherloginplease

Writer
SPNer
Apr 13, 2006
Reminder that the official language of SPN is English. Please include an English translation when posting Punjabi words/phrases so we can all understand and benefit from/contribute to the discussion. Thanks.
oops.. sorry.. forgot that..

"waal di khall lahuni" = 'remove skin from hair' :rofl:

Sometimes translation doesn't do the justice to actual phrase and could be better understood in original language.

notanotherloginplease

Writer
SPNer
Apr 13, 2006
I NEVER made a conscious decision on my life to be gay . Are you saying breeders choose to be breeders ? do they make a conscious choice to be breeders ?
its always funny and annoying to see heterosexuals act as if they know more about being gay than gays themselves . who gave you peeps authority ?

sexuality is a choice as much as your eye color is ! whole day you can wear a contacts of different color to fool the world. However at the end of the day, you still know . you can't cheat yourself.

Being a homophobe or religious is much more of a choice than being gay is, however

I think you are taking this in a wrong way, well my bad, I should be more polite in my first response. Apologies for that. Sincerely.

So a straight answer to your question about God’s ability to listen to your prayer and change orientation is “Yes”.

This can happen. He can do whatever he likes. Instead he has already described his wish by making you straight (a boy).

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=681&punjabi=t&id=29551#l29551

I don’t know from where does this thing (homo and hetero) come from. It’s all our mind playing games to keep us involved in these worldly pleasures.

Sex is merely a tool used for reproduction of humans. Taking pleasure out of it is natural but keeping yourself engrossed in it to attain that pleasure again and again is called “Kaam”. That’s where the problem starts.

When we put faith in God and try to achieve something which is morally right, god also helps.

I am not sure how you are going to interpret this but try to take it positively.

WGKF

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
Instead he has already described his wish by making you straight (a boy).

woah ! wait a minute ,. seems like you're like most other people .. confused between sexual orientation (gay/straight/bisexual/asexual) and gender identity (male/female/transgender)

I am attracted to men, even though I am a man, now regardless of what society thinks of me, I am still a man.
I know in society people would call me many kind of abuses , that I am not a 'Man enough' , 'khusra' , etc etc

but i am still a male and you're confusing between a 'straight' and a 'boy' ! I am a boy but I am not straight

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I think you are taking this in a wrong way, well my bad, I should be more polite in my first response. Apologies for that. Sincerely.

So a straight answer to your question about God’s ability to listen to your prayer and change orientation is “Yes”.

This can happen. He can do whatever he likes. Instead he has already described his wish by making you straight (a boy).

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=681&punjabi=t&id=29551#l29551

I don’t know from where does this thing (homo and hetero) come from. It’s all our mind playing games to keep us involved in these worldly pleasures.

Sex is merely a tool used for reproduction of humans. Taking pleasure out of it is natural but keeping yourself engrossed in it to attain that pleasure again and again is called “Kaam”. That’s where the problem starts.

When we put faith in God and try to achieve something which is morally right, god also helps.

I am not sure how you are going to interpret this but try to take it positively.

WGKF

what about just accepting it as a pleasure, in the correct circumstances, or are you going to commnent about my love of belly pork?

are Sikhs not allowed to 'love' things?

these wordly pleasures and misfortunes are called life, are you suggesting we step back from life?

Jag279

SPNer
Jun 2, 2015
We use really big names for god, not just in sikhi but almost every living religion : most merciful , raheem , rehman, karuna-kar , bhagat vachhal , "bhagta di ot" ,..... , all these names indicating the kind god .
Someone who listens to our prayers and has mercy on us.

If I am to put faith in religions, that one god has at various times intervened to save the ones who put trust in him. Gurbani even says he took the form of narsingha , so special was prahlaad to him !
He sprouted a spring of water to feed the devotee Ishmael (son of abraham and hagar) in desert while sarah kept running to-and-fro between mountains seeking help / water.
ok , we all are not as great as bhagat prahlaad ji or as patient as the prophets/sages , but I don't think he will turn us empty-handed and disappointed if we kept rubbing our noses at his door with dedication in our hearts ......

After all, what did bhagat prahlad had in his heart other than pure sharda for his 'hari' while his father repeatedly kept warning him not to chant 'hari' . And his sharda bore fruit (so says gurbani) .
After all, what did bhagat ibrahim (Abraham) had in his heart when his community threw him in fire for rejecting idolatry and accepting monotheism.

What possibly other than pure faith in THE ONE ? It is like driving through a pitch dark tunnel with faith that you will see light at the end of it, without any logical assurance of that ever happening. And yet it is this faith in the one, this unconditional "he is there for me, he will protect me as he has forever protected the ones who kept faith in him" which is so missing (and infact rebuked as 'ridiculous' )

Now talking about my own issues : a gay 25-yr old young man living in a country in which all I see is darkness as future, while all the "normal & majority" people around me are enjoying their youth , while mine passes by !
While others enjoying theirs, me questioning mine . I feel self-pity for myself sometimes. But then again , all I see is hopelessness and despair . I don't see any way out.

This is harnakash for me, this is the "thirst of ishmael" for me. This is my pain ! my sorrow.
What could I possibly do other than put faith him while he puts me through this test , possibly due to my past life sins ? but then again he is also known as 'destroyer of sins'
what could a 25-yr old do when he's so disappointed by romance and love-life while everyone else around him are apparently celebrating it to the fullest ? what could he do when he feels trapped and sees no way out.

I know I am not making any sense . But faith in god (whom you have never seen, never felt, never touched , ...) make any sense anyways ? How is a god taking a man-lion form to protect his devotee make sense (incident mentioned in gurbani too) ? How is temple rotating to face nam dev ji make any logical sense ?

So if I put faith in him persevere and ask him to change my orientation from gay to straight , what do you think will happen ? just asking for inputs, thats it.

Brother, Sat Sri Akaal. First I would like to know- why do you wish to change? Is it to get approval from others? Family, friends or may be community?
Or for self? For god, may be?

Reason why I am asking this before I could discuss anything with you is that if you wish to bring about a change just to seek approval from others...then there's less value in it and you won't get anywhere. But if it's for self, or god, then only it can actually help.

Waheguru would not change your situation unless you intend to do so. Our souls get engraved with perceptional meanings and for lifetimes we go through the experiences only to wash clean them.

You'll need to access your inner self, your on soul to remove or change the requirement of this specific experience. It can be changed...but would indeed require a lot of work on self...first place to begin with would be understanding bani.

I can help you during this journey if you wish.

Waheguru ji da Khalsa, Waheguru ji di fateh.

Jan 9, 2016
Australia
We use really big names for god, not just in sikhi but almost every living religion : most merciful , raheem , rehman, karuna-kar , bhagat vachhal , "bhagta di ot" ,..... , all these names indicating the kind god .
Someone who listens to our prayers and has mercy on us.

If I am to put faith in religions, that one god has at various times intervened to save the ones who put trust in him. Gurbani even says he took the form of narsingha , so special was prahlaad to him !
He sprouted a spring of water to feed the devotee Ishmael (son of abraham and hagar) in desert while sarah kept running to-and-fro between mountains seeking help / water.
ok , we all are not as great as bhagat prahlaad ji or as patient as the prophets/sages , but I don't think he will turn us empty-handed and disappointed if we kept rubbing our noses at his door with dedication in our hearts ......

After all, what did bhagat prahlad had in his heart other than pure sharda for his 'hari' while his father repeatedly kept warning him not to chant 'hari' . And his sharda bore fruit (so says gurbani) .
After all, what did bhagat ibrahim (Abraham) had in his heart when his community threw him in fire for rejecting idolatry and accepting monotheism.

What possibly other than pure faith in THE ONE ? It is like driving through a pitch dark tunnel with faith that you will see light at the end of it, without any logical assurance of that ever happening. And yet it is this faith in the one, this unconditional "he is there for me, he will protect me as he has forever protected the ones who kept faith in him" which is so missing (and infact rebuked as 'ridiculous' )

Now talking about my own issues : a gay 25-yr old young man living in a country in which all I see is darkness as future, while all the "normal & majority" people around me are enjoying their youth , while mine passes by !
While others enjoying theirs, me questioning mine . I feel self-pity for myself sometimes. But then again , all I see is hopelessness and despair . I don't see any way out.

This is harnakash for me, this is the "thirst of ishmael" for me. This is my pain ! my sorrow.
What could I possibly do other than put faith him while he puts me through this test , possibly due to my past life sins ? but then again he is also known as 'destroyer of sins'
what could a 25-yr old do when he's so disappointed by romance and love-life while everyone else around him are apparently celebrating it to the fullest ? what could he do when he feels trapped and sees no way out.

I know I am not making any sense . But faith in god (whom you have never seen, never felt, never touched , ...) make any sense anyways ? How is a god taking a man-lion form to protect his devotee make sense (incident mentioned in gurbani too) ? How is temple rotating to face nam dev ji make any logical sense ?

So if I put faith in him persevere and ask him to change my orientation from gay to straight , what do you think will happen ? just asking for inputs, thats it.
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh
Seeker2013 Brother everyone thinks differently & they have their own theories about how things work around & that's why we always disagree with each other cause we have our own mindsets but if we look at Gurbani it has answers to all our questions,it gives us wisdom but that can only happen when we stop just reading the Gurbani & start deeply understanding it & putting it in practice in our lives.
Now to simply answer your question as per as Gurbani:
Guru ji tells us that everyone has the light of that divine in them doesn't matter the Caste,Religion,Gender,Colour,Ethnicity or Sexual orientation & as we start meditating on his name & start connecting to that Divine the light starts shining more & more & the Dasam dwar or also called the tenth gate opens & then its all bliss.
So my Advice to you would be to put all your faith in the Divine & leave all these worldly desires behind only then you will feel the bliss & what others think about you won't matter anymore & your search for true happiness & peace will be over.
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh
Seeker2013 Brother everyone thinks differently & they have their own theories about how things work around & that's why we always disagree with each other cause we have our own mindsets but if we look at Gurbani it has answers to all our questions,it gives us wisdom but that can only happen when we stop just reading the Gurbani & start deeply understanding it & putting it in practice in our lives.
Now to simply answer your question as per as Gurbani:
Guru ji tells us that everyone has the light of that divine in them doesn't matter the Caste,Religion,Gender,Colour,Ethnicity or Sexual orientation & as we start meditating on his name & start connecting to that Divine the light starts shining more & more & the Dasam dwar or also called the tenth gate opens & then its all bliss.
So my Advice to you would be to put all your faith in the Divine & leave all these worldly desires behind only then you will feel the bliss & what others think about you won't matter anymore & your search for true happiness & peace will be over.
Waheguru ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru ji ki Fateh

What will happen if I continue trimming my body hair (I find it hard to manage untrimmed beard ) but get up everyday at 4 am to meditate on my lord's name waheguru waheguru waheguru ??
what changes happen in our lives as we rise up at amrit vela to meditate on the source of all things ?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
well, if I were a meditation person, I would say that doing this would bring you closer to God. As for changes, well, positive things happen to you when you meditate, you realign your karma, your bad deeds are paid for the more you meditate, and ultimately, you will find nirvana and enlightenment, and peace.

I suppose its which one you find harder, you might find getting up at 4am quite hard, maybe on those days, you could not touch your beard and have a lie in, but on the days that you do get up at 4am, well, in my view you deserve to have a bit of a trim, I mean, you did get up at 4am after all.

Jan 9, 2016
Australia
What will happen if I continue trimming my body hair (I find it hard to manage untrimmed beard ) but get up everyday at 4 am to meditate on my lord's name waheguru waheguru waheguru ??
Well you shouldn't keep your beard if you don't feel good with it. I think you should only keep your beard & body hair if the feeling is from inside,forcing yourself into it won't work.
what changes happen in our lives as we rise up at amrit vela to meditate on the source of all things ?
The main idea of getting up at amrit vela & meditating is that at that time your mind is fresh & empty. You don't have any twisted thoughts in your mind & as you start meditating you can make a more stronger connection with the divine & your mind will stay calm & blissful all day long.

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
The main idea of getting up at amrit vela & meditating is that at that time your mind is fresh & empty. You don't have any twisted thoughts in your mind & as you start meditating you can make a more stronger connection with the divine & your mind will stay calm & blissful all day long.

what if you have twisted or sexual or any such 'negative' thoughts in your mind even at amritvela ?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM