• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What We Know (DOC): Fence Sitters Galore. Why The Agnostics May Have It Right!

Salutations, to the cult of learners

This is a great documentary! many of you may have already seen this but I thought I'd share it with the rest of the members as part of an 'interfaith discussion starter'.
I encourage everyone to watch all 5 parts.

I encourage sikh brothers and sisters to have an open mind while watching this....Its DEFINATELY NOT ATHEIST PROPAGANDA.... you'll find it balanced and very fair .... agnostic to be exact! LOL (i dont usually laugh at what i write...but ill make an exception considering it was witty)

:ice: get out the popcorn and enjoy!:ice:

YouTube - What We Still Don't Know: "Are We Real?" (1/5)

Review:
I was extremely startled when I started the documentary because I was initially expecting it to be biased either way (either theistic propaganda or atheist). But it did nothing of the sort.

I am strictly against the use of science for disproving or proving the existence of the G.O.D. (its just not possible to do so). However, I am convinced that logic and reason should be applied to understand religion in a historical and sociological context (With a skeptic eye on religious practice and religious institutions.)

Is it just me or does agnosticism and sikhism have alot in common? Sure they diverge for aparent reasons (explained in first paragraph), but both beleif systems consider the universe as a mysterious entity that is completely without comprehension to our puny minds. So they do share this pseudo humble attitude when comprehending and observing nature.

The only difference being the unknown knowledge in agnosticism is denoted as unknown. Whereas in Sikhism it is veiwed as divine knowledge (Im assuming the sikh conviction in gnosticism is still alive). Both parties, I believe, are equally very tolerant and open minded because they revolve around this central attitude.

In particular I would like to discuss the topic at the 7:00 minute marker...it literally through me back in my chair. Or the part about the cosmological constant pointing in the direction of a divine creater.

cheers

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sinister

I thank you for sharing this and will be watching. You offered some very cogent ideas in your review -- much of which I concur with -- though I am not agnostic.

Damo_Singh

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
Pottsville, PA
Sinister, First thank you for the link. What I would like to respond to is the statement in your thread heading "What We Know (DOC): Fence Sitters Galore...Why The Agnostics May Have It Right." I have only been learning about Sikhism for a short time; however, I volunteered my services as an ordained Christian minister for quite some time in the past and to paraphrase a statement I would often quote: "On one side of the fence is TRUTH and on the other side of the fence is Falsehood and the fence belong to Falsehood."

Sinister, First thank you for the link. What I would like to respond to is the statement in your thread heading "What We Know (DOC): Fence Sitters Galore...Why The Agnostics May Have It Right." I have only been learning about Sikhism for a short time; however, I volunteered my services as an ordained Christian minister for quite some time in the past and to paraphrase a statement I would often quote: "On one side of the fence is TRUTH and on the other side of the fence is Falsehood and the fence belong to Falsehood."

well as a christian minister I can understand why you used that quote.

If we were to bring out the law books we would understand that a shared mutual fence belongs equally and fairly to both adjacent parties.

My quote would be: "Bring out the buttered popcorn and watch the intriguing comedy that is displayed on both sides of the fence"

Toodles

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM