• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What To Do With My Homosexuality ? Is It God's Way Of Telling Me I Should Focus On Spirituality Only

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
My dear Chaz

As always - RESPECT !

Should we the residents of SPN take this to be an "unfortunate" state of affairs ? But why, when there is mountain load of evidence to confirm this to be a natural cause, that is to say, Waheguru "willed" it so. Should the young man be tipped to renounce natural life on account of a living God, who by implication is socially engineering him to come to His World ?

More another time - have to pick my wife !

Goodnight n Godbless

am i somewhere writing that his sexual orientation will change once he rises spiritually...?? :)

he may be gay all his life...even if he rises spiritually...

its the worries, anxieties, the 'feeling of fear' caused by what others think that will get dissolved...

And He won;t need to ask such questions anymore :) gay or straight...

the same cure is for all worries, anxieties that you can imagine...when the state of mind changes, then these worries go away..

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
We're supposed to live like nuns , try to forget our pain of being a freak of nature by meditating on name of god. . Being sarcastic obviously

PS: how weird and how unlucky to be god if people only remember you (god) during times of misery :p

By meditating on the name of God you will no longer have any thought that you are a freak of nature...the thought wouldn't even cross your mind..

it is your mind that makes you feel this way...your mind is not your best friend...at least not yet anyway :)

in thus dualistic world...we often have to walk through the darkness to recognize and contemplate the existence of Light my friend...
unfortunately....people only question their existence...once things start going wrong with their life in some way...

trick is, once you see the light...never forget that it is there...take it...grab hold of it....never let it go..

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
am i somewhere writing that his sexual orientation will change once he rises spiritually...?? :)

he may be gay all his life...even if he rises spiritually...

its the worries, anxieties, the 'feeling of fear' caused by what others think that will get dissolved...

And He won;t need to ask such questions anymore :) gay or straight...

the same cure is for all worries, anxieties that you can imagine...when the state of mind changes, then these worries go away..

Chaz

No one is looking for a cure, no one is talking about a cure, the young man is crying out for help to those he feel can understand and navigate him. Sending him to spiritual heights at 21 on account he sacrifices his natural life is not the sat path. That is utter and complete denial of God's providence.

If the spiritual could've been known and realised without the physical body, why then the representatives of Waheguru came in physical form ? It is because through physical form [gur dwar, doorway to the kingdom of God] is the spiritual known. Don't take away his natural life, but rather, encourage him to get on-board the rollercoaster of life and experience the ups and the downs so that when he does embark upon the spiritual path he's best placed to appreciate it's true worth.

The physical and the spiritual is like the wave and the crest - the one without the other is a non-existent.

Sikhs don't shun worries, anxieties and the rest, but rather, meet them head-on, on account they being part n parcel of life.

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
Chaz

No one is looking for a cure, no one is talking about a cure, the young man is crying out for help to those he feel can understand and navigate him. Sending him to spiritual heights at 21 on account he sacrifices his natural life is not the sat path. That is utter and complete denial of God's providence.

If the spiritual could've been known and realised without the physical body, why then the representatives of Waheguru came in physical form ? It is because through physical form [gur dwar, doorway to the kingdom of God] is the spiritual known. Don't take away his natural life, but rather, encourage him to get on-board the rollercoaster of life and experience the ups and the downs so that when he does embark upon the spiritual path he's best placed to appreciate it's true worth.

The physical and the spiritual is like the wave and the crest - the one without the other is a non-existent.

Sikhs don't shun worries, anxieties and the rest, but rather, meet them head-on, on account they being part n parcel of life.

Don't worry . I can be both a person who (a) sleeps with a guy , and (b) wakes up next morning amritvela to do japji sahib .

who said you can't do both ! You can and I certainly plan on doing this :D

remember the story of 'ganka' , the prostitute ?

I never thought of myself as freak of nature. Its the society you will try to convince me like this.
I never said I want to be 'straight' (whatever the hell that means) . I just don't want "straight" people forcing their orientation down our throats.
I don't want "straights" to show hypocrisy by playing out every day of their life as a "pride parade day" (you remember the movies, daily soaps, weddings , the jewellery ad featuring a man and woman couple on the hoarding boards , etc .... everywhere where its about a love story of a man and a woman) WHILE they have the audacity to say "why do gays want to display their sexuality so openly in prides and all. After all , we 'straight' people don't do it" . Yes you don't ! coz everyday is friggin straight pride day.
If the "straight" left us alone and accepted us, there won't be any gay / lesbian who would say "I want to change my orientation or use the opium of "god" to suppress my hurtful feelings" .

I am not heterophobic. I just feel tired of seeing the injustice, but yet I don't think I have enough of resolution to become an activist or anything along those lines.

Having said that, I am not against bhagti . Its a good thing but ask yourself one thing before doing bhagti " are you doing it to compensate for something?" .

Last edited:

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
Can I atleast get some relief from my masturbation addiction if I do naam simran meditation ?

has anyone else done something spiritual which helped them free themselves from this habit

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Chaz

who is talking about sacrificing his natural life? are you even reading what i am writing... :)

read Gurbani...it is talking about a cure for all issues...for all worries, anxieties, stresses...problems...situations in life...to transcend them...
if someone comes onto a sikh philosophy website and pours his heart out...then this is a place for discussing what gurbani says about overcoming ones own mind...

when i read your replies it often comes across that you think any discussion of the spiritual means to let go of all life altogether...whereas it actually allows you to life at a greater level...

yes, tackle your problems face on...accept the way God has made you...live your life truthfully and server others....and battle your mind and overcome the problems that it causes you...once your mind is under control...use it to look within...see waheguru...recognise waheguru in all the world and beyond...and understand that there is absolutely nothing to worry about...even in the hardest of times...for you are never alone...and all happens as pr His will..

:)

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Don't worry . I can be both a person who (a) sleeps with a guy , and (b) wakes up next morning amritvela to do japji sahib .

who said you can't do both ! You can and I certainly plan on doing this :D

remember the story of 'ganka' , the prostitute ?

I never thought of myself as freak of nature. Its the society you will try to convince me like this.
I never said I want to be 'straight' (whatever the hell that means) . I just don't want "straight" people forcing their orientation down our throats.
I don't want "straights" to show hypocrisy by playing out every day of their life as a "pride parade day" (you remember the movies, daily soaps, weddings , the jewellery ad featuring a man and woman couple on the hoarding boards , etc .... everywhere where its about a love story of a man and a woman) WHILE they have the audacity to say "why do gays want to display their sexuality so openly in prides and all. After all , we 'straight' people don't do it" . Yes you don't ! coz everyday is friggin straight pride day.
If the "straight" left us alone and accepted us, there won't be any gay / lesbian who would say "I want to change my orientation or use the opium of "god" to suppress my hurtful feelings" .

I am not heterophobic. I just feel tired of seeing the injustice, but yet I don't think I have enough of resolution to become an activist or anything along those lines.

Having said that, I am not against bhagti . Its a good thing but ask yourself one thing before doing bhagti " are you doing it to compensate for something?" .

I do bhagti because no matter what i do in my life...i am never satisfied...something inside is looking for something else...it's a constant pull...that there is something about life i need to know...that there is more to this world than i currently know...like a mother or father looking for their long lost child...that feeling of searching, that love that never goes away....that keep pulling away at you until you find what you're looking for..

in terms of your lust, desires, masturbation etc you need to come into contact with this light/waheguru/shabad within yourself...using your attention and consciousness through Simran...

once you do, only it has the power to wipe your bad habits and help you overcome them completely...only the shabad within has that power.
We can try and try to overcome it ourselves...which we may get some success in...but those thieves will always be there waiting to pounce whenever we are at our most vulnerable...communion with naam gives us the strength to overcome for good. and gain control

it sounds crazy, but it is real and there for everyone to access if they have the will power, patience and love to seek it..

This will be my last post on the subject matter :) god bless you on whatever path you take..

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
This might be your last post on this subject matter but I just wanted to ask you what you thought about this :

The thing is I haven't yet received my job offer letter and so I went to gurdwara sahib and did ardas before guru sahib that I am feeling scared and nervous and told him to fulfil my dream now that he himself has given me hope of a new job.
I requested Guru Granth sahib ji to answer my worries and then I lifted rumala sahib and bringing angs from both side parted them randomly again and I got

ਟੋਡੀ ਮਹਲਾ

टोडी महला ५ ॥

Todī mėhlā 5.

Todee, Fifth Mehl:

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਚਰਨ ਰਿਦੈ ਉਰ ਧਾਰੇ

हरि हरि चरन रिदै उर धारे ॥

Har har cẖaran riḏai ur ḏẖāre.

I have enshrined the Lord's Feet within my heart.

ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਅਪੁਨਾ ਕਾਰਜ ਸਫਲ ਹਮਾਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

सिमरि सुआमी सतिगुरु अपुना कारज सफल हमारे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Simar su▫āmī saṯgur apunā kāraj safal hamāre. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Contemplating my Lord and Master, my True Guru, all my affairs have been resolved. ||1||Pause||

Note the "karaj safal hamare" . I felt like Guru ji has answered my prayer. But my evil mind keeps feeling panicked . What do you think ? Guru ji did answer my request, right ??

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Seekerji

I wonder sometimes if your threads are just a bad joke, maybe you just write things, post them and then sit back and chuckle while you read all the replies that have taken the time to try and help you.

If after much explanation, from many members, you still fail to grasp the fact that, in Sikhism anyway, Creator does not exist to act as some kind of agony aunt, or rich uncle, but actually exists to assist us to fulfil our potential as human beings. Creator does not care for your sexual orientation or how many times you masturbate, Creator is not sitting up there devising new and interesting methods to test you and tempt you, that is just called life.

In my world, I would rather die than ask for help from Guruji, to do so would intimate that any connection or relationship had ceased, that by asking, I am confirming that my head, my body are devoid of Creator, that I now have to ask. I wake up every morning and do what I do, some of it is bad, some of it is good, some of it is downright disgusting, but on the whole, I maintain a connection.

I have no requests from Guruji, but he has many from me, your relationship seems the reverse of mine...

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
[
Seekerji

I wonder sometimes if your threads are just a bad joke, maybe you just write things, post them and then sit back and chuckle while you read all the replies that have taken the time to try and help you.

If after much explanation, from many members, you still fail to grasp the fact that, in Sikhism anyway, Creator does not exist to act as some kind of agony aunt, or rich uncle, but actually exists to assist us to fulfil our potential as human beings. Creator does not care for your sexual orientation or how many times you masturbate, Creator is not sitting up there devising new and interesting methods to test you and tempt you, that is just called life.

In my world, I would rather die than ask for help from Guruji, to do so would intimate that any connection or relationship had ceased, that by asking, I am confirming that my head, my body are devoid of Creator, that I now have to ask. I wake up every morning and do what I do, some of it is bad, some of it is good, some of it is downright disgusting, but on the whole, I maintain a connection.

I have no requests from Guruji, but he has many from me, your relationship seems the reverse of mine...

He is young and going through a phase - one day he'll look back and appreciate the likes of you in strengthening him.

As regards your words of wisdom - too good; couldn't have said it better.

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
Seekerji

then I must say you are very different than 99.999% of sikhs in world !
We go to gurudwara , and while we ask for 'naam' and spiritual stuff, we also ask for a considerable amount of worldly stuff. Mera eh kamm ban jae, mera oh kamm ban jae !

You must be some sant ji then (no I am not joking) . Will you please do ardas for me and my circumstances (DEF NOT joking) . Please do ji .

Gurbani says "sab kuchh tere vass, tu bhagata ke vass, bhagat taan tera"
(Everything is in god's control , god is in control of bhagat's control , meaning god always listen to prayer of bhagats . bhagats are god's pride) .

So please do pray for me . Its a request . And Thank you for your time

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
We go to gurudwara , and while we ask for 'naam' and spiritual stuff, we also ask for a considerable amount of worldly stuff. Mera eh kamm ban jae, mera oh kamm ban jae !

You must be some sant ji then (no I am not joking) . Will you please do ardas for me and my circumstances (DEF NOT joking) . Please do ji .

(Everything is in god's control , god is in control of bhagat's control , meaning god always listen to prayer of bhagats . bhagats are god's pride) .

An interesting event I'll share with you re gurdwaras and ardas.

The eldest of my children who at the time was going through her school exams asked me to take her to the gurdwara for matha taking. Conversation went something like this........

"Dad can you take me to do matha take please" she said

Now I knew that about the butterflies in her belly because of the examinations, but wanted to instill something in her.

"Why ?" Said I

"I want to matha take" she replied

"OK, I'll take you to the gurdwara in the evening after school. Matha taking before examination will not change results, you giving the best in you will". Said I

Yes, she sat her exams, went matha take in the evening, got brilliant results, a doctor today, bless her. The moral of it is, Sikhi teaches us the value of "God helps those who helps themselves".

And, Harry has weaved beautifully to which you must attach value.

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
[

He is young and going through a phase - one day he'll look back and appreciate the likes of you in strengthening him.

As regards your words of wisdom - too good; couldn't have said it better.
An interesting event I'll share with you re gurdwaras and ardas.

The eldest of my children who at the time was going through her school exams asked me to take her to the gurdwara for matha taking. Conversation went something like this........

"Dad can you take me to do matha take please" she said

Now I knew that about the butterflies in her belly because of the examinations, but wanted to instill something in her.

"Why ?" Said I

"I want to matha take" she replied

"OK, I'll take you to the gurdwara in the evening after school. Matha taking before examination will not change results, you giving the best in you will". Said I

Yes, she sat her exams, went matha take in the evening, got brilliant results, a doctor today, bless her. The moral of it is, Sikhi teaches us the value of "God helps those who helps themselves".

And, Harry has weaved beautifully to which you must attach value.

now let me tell you my story :
I was sitting in a consultancy office , for a BPO job interview . Or as they're commonly called here "Cheap call center jobs" . by cheap, I mean they're usually looked down upon as unprofessional .

Anyways, while I had totally given up on getting a job in my own field and went for this bpo interview, I got call from my other consultancy that I had been shortlisted for job offer I had given interview for like a few days back (back then) . Now those 'few days' has turned into 1 and a half month and I still don't hear anything from them except the reiteration that I am shortlisted and that they're having something called "organization restructuring" because of which my offers put on hold but they said they will give it when I prodded , "sure?" I said. "Yes" , she said " we will give u by 15th of this month" . Today is 19th.

My only point is "Hai sachhe patshah, you took reham on a loser , niguna like me and called me when I was about to go into the world of 'cheap call center world' . You lit a ray of hope in my otherwise miserable life , so please keep it and fulfil what you gave me hope about ! " .
But with each passing day, I feel like I wonder what will happen . That one ray seems to be dimming daily. Its feeling dark once again . Its scary.

Again I don't wanna put my orientation here , but I am one, my life is one, different aspects are all me. So all I pray to god is "since you have pretty much ruined the probabilities of romantic/ conjugal bliss in my life, and have cursed me with a life of loneliness because of me not being a 'straight' person, atleast bless me with something. the something being this job which you yourself have given me hope abt. "

but then again , u might not understand what I am saying. You might think I don't make any sense. Even I may look at this post of mine in future, some years down the line and wonder "how stupid I was" . thats what happens when we're thinking on different planes.

thats all i wud say. tc

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
I was sitting in a consultancy office , for a BPO job interview . Or as they're commonly called here "Cheap call center jobs" . by cheap, I mean they're usually looked down upon as unprofessional .

Anyways, while I had totally given up on getting a job in my own field and went for this bpo interview, I got call from my other consultancy that I had been shortlisted for job offer I had given interview for like a few days back (back then) . Now those 'few days' has turned into 1 and a half month and I still don't hear anything from them except the reiteration that I am shortlisted and that they're having something called "organization restructuring" because of which my offers put on hold but they said they will give it when I prodded , "sure?" I said. "Yes" , she said " we will give u by 15th of this month" . Today is 19th.

My only point is "Hai sachhe patshah, you took reham on a loser , niguna like me and called me when I was about to go into the world of 'cheap call center world' . You lit a ray of hope in my otherwise miserable life , so please keep it and fulfil what you gave me hope about ! " .
But with each passing day, I feel like I wonder what will happen . That one ray seems to be dimming daily. Its feeling dark once again . Its scary.

Again I don't wanna put my orientation here , but I am one, my life is one, different aspects are all me. So all I pray to god is "since you have pretty much ruined the probabilities of romantic/ conjugal bliss in my life, and have cursed me with a life of loneliness because of me not being a 'straight' person, atleast bless me with something. the something being this job which you yourself have given me hope abt. "

but then again , u might not understand what I am saying. You might think I don't make any sense. Even I may look at this post of mine in future, some years down the line and wonder "how stupid I was" . thats what happens when we're thinking on different planes.

thats all i wud say. tc

Dear son

Your post together with your concerns are of a legitimate nature. Although, worrying is part of human nature, it's not a resolution nor a condition which can detain a young man like you for much long. Soon you'll be up n away - have faith.

About asking n requesting worldly appetites - Sikhs don't; other than sarbat da bhalla.

Once, as guru ji [Gobind] sat down to eat His roti, the resident dog at Anandpur Sahib also came and sat nearby. Guru Ji broke 2 burkeian and placed them before the dog. Bhai Nanad Lal who was also sitting close by, remarked thus, " guru ji main tuhada kol bethian, manoo ni si roti danee [guru ji I'm also seated beside thee, no roti for me ?]. Guru ji replied, "main o'nu dinna jay'ra mangda nahi" pointing at the dog guru ji continued, "eh mangda b nahi phir mera dar b nahi chada" [I give to those who do not ask, and here this dog, leaves never my door step].

You need to be strong and determined. Use of rational thinking together with common sense will get you over and beyond the horizon.

Consider, if everyone in similar situations as you, were to be granted their wishful thinking through ardas at gurdwara ? Bingo ! Can you imagine a world like that and would you want to live in a world where chance, probability and element of surprise have become redundant ? No, of course not. It will be incompatible. And besides, we don't always get what we want because one part of God is chance who steps into help. Disguised as chance and probability, it sits in you as much as sits in me - it is the "creative" part of the human you. Think positive, be optimistic and have courage.

Be strong and show God what you can do. Gurdwara, shabd, meditation, will all fall into place when your thought is aligned with the righteous path, and the righteous path of a 21 is living and fulfilling the potential of his human nature to the max, which has many facets, such as, religious, social, political, economical, moral and so forth. Occupy yourself with the above - Waheguru will begin to reside in His Sikh and then the penny will drop and you'll hear it [anhad shabd].

I understand you fully - be strong and learn to fight and not give in. Let God throw at you what ever - remember - Tera bhana metha laga. Only the brave get to challenge God - you are that brave.

Goodnight and God bless

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

yes, I keep getting told that one..

I am sure not everyone sees Gurudwara as a big social day out to ask for spiritual qualities and cash. At least I would like to think so, my last visit did not hugely install me with confidence. Don't get me wrong, the concept of Gurudwara is beautiful, the reality is a bit more ugly.

you must be some sant ji then (no I am not joking) .

Herman Hesse once wrote, and I quote this often, that a man can only truly find himself through either god or the flesh, I found myself through the flesh. What happens is that once you begin the journey back to the self, back to innocence, back to god, back to the start, unless you are very careful, you lose the ability to feel and appreciate altogether, true you want for nothing, and wish for nothing, other than the happiness of those around you, but you end up living a little bubble, I call it Harryworld. Now you see the brilliance and majestic nature of Sikhism is that you can find yourself, but still be intact, a householder, an employee, a father, a husband, whatever. Through the flesh I found myself, through Sikhism I hope to find myself and live.

Will you please do ardas for me and my circumstances (DEF NOT joking) . Please do ji .

My take on Ardass is much the same as on Gurudwaras, brilliant concept, great way of connection, great way of sharing with likeminded people, however, reality is a bit more ugly. If your asking me to communicate with the timeless energy that created us, and somehow, using either rituals, or ceremonies, get some communication back you to confirm that your wordly desires be met, your better of ringing up the local Audi dealership and getting a referral to some fat buffoon who can help you and your circumstances.

Can you tell me where it says that so we can both have a look at the full shabad and the translation.

Its your choice, I can either pray for you, or I can try and help you through communicating with you.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011

I personally don't look down on anyone, although many look down on me, so who are these people that look down on others, are they people like you?

This is really quite simple, would you really wish to work for a company that deliberately misled people? so if you take the job, its a win, and if they mess you about, its still a win, because now you know what they are like, I cannot see what the problem is.

My only point is "Hai sachhe patshah, you took reham on a loser , niguna like me and called me when I was about to go into the world of 'cheap call center world'

I am actually quite offended for cheap call center workers everywhere, how ironic if it were a cheap call center worker that replied to one of your posts with your answers...You see to imagine that somehow, goddy cares more about your descent into cheap call center world, than say cancer, or the woman two doors up with no legs. I personally blame the media, got a problem? light a candle! a bit of rousing music, maybe the congregation all singing along, swaying and looking pure, I suppose if an alien landed in India, or watched Indian television, he would be forgiven for thinking that all life's ailments can be cured by a good old sing and a few candles. Oh, and the Gyani must look stern, yet kind, and be partial to a few glistening eye shots.

You lit a ray of hope in my otherwise miserable life , so please keep it and fulfil what you gave me hope about ! " .

or else you'll sacrifice a chicken?

Scary is when your hurtling towards a tree at 100mph, scary is having a knife pulled on you and having it drawn across your neck, scary is watching someone die and wondering how those they leave behind will cope, scary is when they lead you to the operating table, the prison, the court, this is not scary, this is life, get used to it.
Again I don't wanna put my orientation here

I fail to see what this has to do with anything, you like having sex with men, I like having sex with women dressed as witches, holding on to two giant bull terriers with one hand, and a large pot of peanut butter in the other, whilst a woman dressed as a mother superior looks on and the music from the Omen plays. I know loads of gay people, they just are who they are, they do not make a fuss, it seems the only person making a fuss about your orientation is you. what you need, or want, is acceptance, from society, from your family about who you are, oh well, validation is I guess, important to some, but why not just quietly live your life the way you wish and get on with it? You do not have to come out, anymore than I have to proclaim to all and sundry, or even my parents that I enjoy say, being urinated on by a woman in a clowns outfit (damn my mother reads this, sorry mum, but it was an indian clown!) (khatri as well), see now you have me at it.

So all I pray to god is "since you have pretty much ruined the probabilities of romantic/ conjugal bliss in my life, and have cursed me with a life of loneliness because of me not being a 'straight' person,

errr, if that is what you think of goddy, do you not feel a bit awkward asking him for things?

its sounds like the sort of rant a teenager screams at his parents...

but then again , u might not understand what I am saying.

no, I understand fully, because I used to be you, in fact, I was probably worse.

I am older than you, and you my friend, have been spoonfed and bailed out all your life, just as I was, your precious, just as I was, your in angst, and depression, just as I was.

If you are for real, and you are caught up in a web of frenzied masturbation, guilt, the constant feeling that who you are and what you feel 'angers the gods' then you need to try and discover what true Sikhism is about, in my view, you do not need to meditate for hours to give you the strength to calm down and deal with life, to forget all the bad things, and go to happy world, you need to be confident, to be proud of who you are, that is to say, not to judge yourself so negatively, you come across exactly as you are, which is not a huge compliment, so change yourself, be gay, be proud of being gay, do what you want, no one owns you, just be prepared to deal with the consequences, and grow up into a man.

By the way, most of the gay men I know are built like oxes, and consider themselves more manly than straight men. Straight men are nagged and sex starved!

I envy you in a way, you just need to stand up for yourself, stop thinking that you need goddy to catch you, go out there in the world and stake your claim

Seeker2013

Writer
SPNer
Aug 29, 2013
why worship a god who can't fulfil your desires ?
why worship a god if we're not even supposed to ask him for something ?

"Jo maage thakur apne teh soi soi deve"

if both of you guys are so confident in your own selves and can "just go out and do things for yourselves" , then why even worship god ? whats the point ? or maybe this is just your own model of sikhism you people invented for use in your personal lives? like how all of us do .

I feel you people are very close to becoming atheists IMHO.

anyways good for you people . Living in a first world country helps too.
But I am not so confident. I don't have courage to do it . Right now I only do naam simran and pray to the sun of suns to help me. I feel suicidal also. And I am 25, not 21.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I do not worship a god
that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard

if both of you guys are so confident in your own selves and can "just go out and do things for yourselves" , then why even worship god ? whats the point ? or maybe this is just your own model of sikhism you people invented for use in your personal lives? like how all of us do .

I do go out and do things for myself, and I do not worship god, as you say, what is the point?

The point is, that in my own opinion, Sikhism is a way of life, not a religion. If your idea of religion is to show humility and obedience only to god, and even then, only for personal gain, then it appears it is possibly you, and people like you that have created your own model. I am not big on word mumbling, ceremonies, rituals, calming music, candles, photographs that bear no relation to the original subject, weird mughal style turbans, etc etc etc. However, what I do is try and keep a connection with Ek Ong Kar, and because Ek Ong Kar is in every living thing, it does not take an idiot to work out that one can keep this connection by seeing god in everything and being prepared to assist god in whatever situation. You see a Sikh gives, not takes, a Sikh only prays to god for more people to help, well, I think thats how it was in the beginning, before the Audi and BMW gangs took over, but I did think even though folk made a complete mockery of the very reasons Sikhism was set up, and if anything turned full circle back to the mumbling and the rituals, that in your hearts, they knew what they were doing was incorrect and more related to Hinduism than Sikhism. I am not a Sikh for personal gain, I am a Sikh because I feel a responsibility for what happens around me, and I try and do what ever I can to help, but only if it is happening in front of me, I am no saint, I do not go looking for people to help, but god seems to send enough my way to keep me busy.

No, we are Sikhs, the ones that put back into the pot what you are your like keep taking out.

But I am not so confident. I don't have courage to do it . Right now I only do naam simran and pray to the sun of suns to help me. I feel suicidal also. And I am 25, not 21.

You are confident enough to mention masturbation in your threads, even I am not that confident!
and if you are suicidal, and folk are trying to help you, maybe might be a good idea to consider the huge amount of advice that has been given to you by many, instead of arguing your own agenda, which could even possibly be why you feel the way you do.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012

"Jo maage thakur apne teh soi soi deve"

keep asking...if you can;t ask waheguru, who can you ask...

we ask for His support because we have very little power to do anything ourselves...even Original Ji's example of his daughter sitting the exam, is done with Waheguru Ji's support...the strength to not give up, the will power, the power to overcome her fears and become fearless comes from Waheguru...He is the Doer...we are merely a character in the play (Ego)...it is all Him...

When we accept this, then our Ego is Blown to bits and We will come to See Him...we will see there is only Him

All the tough times in my life..i have Turned to Him...but i close my eyes and speak to Him...because He is right there in your heart...you Don;t need to Go anywhere...if i had the power to do everything myself i would....but i can't...i take His support, and take the challenge full on...listen with a clear mind and the solutions appear..again, it is all Him..

No power to speak, no power to keep silent.
No power to beg, no power to give.
No power to live, no power to die.
No power to rule, with wealth and occult mental powers.
No power to gain intuitive understanding, to contemplate spiritual wisdom
No power to find the way to escape from the world
He alone has the Power in his hands, he watches over all
O Nanak, no one is high or low

just be careful about your desires...if your desires are laced with greed, ego, pride, lust and are soaked in selfishness then understand that what you are asking from God is not the right thing....if your desires are full of un-conditional love, peace, joy, happiness for all, positivity, justice, then that is good...

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
This might be your last post on this subject matter but I just wanted to ask you what you thought about this :

The thing is I haven't yet received my job offer letter and so I went to gurdwara sahib and did ardas before guru sahib that I am feeling scared and nervous and told him to fulfil my dream now that he himself has given me hope of a new job.
I requested Guru Granth sahib ji to answer my worries and then I lifted rumala sahib and bringing angs from both side parted them randomly again and I got

ਟੋਡੀ ਮਹਲਾ

टोडी महला ५ ॥

Todī mėhlā 5.

Todee, Fifth Mehl:

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਚਰਨ ਰਿਦੈ ਉਰ ਧਾਰੇ

हरि हरि चरन रिदै उर धारे ॥

Har har cẖaran riḏai ur ḏẖāre.

I have enshrined the Lord's Feet within my heart.

ਸਿਮਰਿ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਅਪੁਨਾ ਕਾਰਜ ਸਫਲ ਹਮਾਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

सिमरि सुआमी सतिगुरु अपुना कारज सफल हमारे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Simar su▫āmī saṯgur apunā kāraj safal hamāre. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Contemplating my Lord and Master, my True Guru, all my affairs have been resolved. ||1||Pause||

Note the "karaj safal hamare" . I felt like Guru ji has answered my prayer. But my evil mind keeps feeling panicked . What do you think ? Guru ji did answer my request, right ??

have you 'enshrined the Lord's Feet within my heart' ???

all you are reading is 'all my affairs have been resolved...because that's what you want'...

but guru Ji is telling you how and when that occurs...

yes, He's giving you the answers...just listen...and carefully contemplate.

when you doubt...that is your mind at work...and that is why Guru Ji says life is a battle to overcome the destructive mind...and make it pure again...

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: