• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Is The Sikh View On Consummation And When Is It Done?

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
What is the Sikh view on consummation and when is it done? Also since in Indian culture whether you are born in the East or West usually still makes use of arranged marriage (not talking about forced) so if this act of consummation exists then how does it work out for an arranged marriage couple?

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consummation

:happykudi::)

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
badshah ji

Would you please write a little more extensively on why you believe this thread would be able to sustain discussion? Why is the topic important? How does it contribute to our understanding of religion, culture, or some related area?

badshah

SPNer
May 8, 2010
badshah ji

Would you please write a little more extensively on why you believe this thread would be able to sustain discussion? Why is the topic important? How does it contribute to our understanding of religion, culture, or some related area?

Yeah, well as you probably read from my Wikipedia link I posted in the Catholic religion for example consummation is important to finalise the marriage and since I have never heard of anyone talk about consummation in SIkhism or actually discussed it with anyone I have become interested in the toipic from a Sikh point of view.

A lot of Western topics have been written on consummation and it is usually done on the wedding night or morning and I have never heard of any thing written or talked about from say an Indian point of view.

So whats the deal with consummation from a Sikh marriage point of view? Is it required on the night or first thing in the morning or what? Does the Sikh marriage act say anything about it?

Thansk

gurbanicd

SPNer
Oct 26, 2009
With the sikh the view is from Guru Granth Sahib
the principal is to minimize the senses with naam Simran .

gurbani Shabad is

Kaal boot ki hastni man baora rey chalat rachio jagdish

It reletes with the topic under discussion

The senses are not be supressed not be used excessively
but possible only with the grace of Gurgu sahib.
Act Wait and pray for the Grace

Bhulan chukan di khima

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM