• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Is "NAAM" ?

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all and Jatinder Jee!

You have raised the curiosity "does it matter ?" reading the statement "After receiving true Simran it is like remembering own experiences while reading those."
The True Gurus go on singing again to join the company of Saints who describe the praise of God's Names. It may be verbal or written somewhere.
For some persons it does not matter. Those who have never tasted a mango cannot remember its taste by hearing the different names of mangoes. Hearing the word 'Rasgulla' one remembers its taste he experienced in the past.

Quote from Adeep646 Jee "please tell me what is a true Saint and which Saint u believe in."
The Gurus also write the attributes of a true Saint in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.
I do not believe in a Saint. Those who believe in a Saint have not come to meet one.

Quote "from your views u are associated with a group."
God is not a Group.

Quote "please do not use your own Matt, and try to use the Guru's Matt."
'I' is Matt-less anyway. Better depend on Guru's Matt. Do not visit and imitate people who are using their Matt speaking 'Wah' while inhaling and 'Guru' while exhaling. The true Gurus never suggested it.
Quote "please quote from Gurbani."
Please become an example. Provide one reference where the Gurus have suggested to speak the sound 'Wa' or 'Gu' while inhaling and 'He' or 'Ru' while exhaling

Dear Harpreetsingh Jee, hocus-pocus means verbal misrepresentation intended to take advantage of you in some way. This is what preachers are doing these days.
Quote "There is no mention by anyone as to what is the alternative to that one has been suggested by Adeep ji in the posts."
Eating is different from reading recipes.
The True Gurus never suggest reading a recipe of Simran but to learn cooking and eating it. Sharing it with others is the true Langar.

Persons blessed with true Naam Simran know what Kabeer Jee is mentioning while singing "kahu kabeer akhar du-i bhaakhi." SGGS 329-18.
The Gurus have often used the word 'aakhi'. 'Aakhi' means saying. 'Bhaakhi' is not saying as many scholars have translated it.

Balbir Singh

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Balbir Singh Ji

Thanks for the post !

I think you kind of misunderstood me , anyway your response was still help ful

Actually what I said was that Even when I read guru Granth Sahib I sometimes can relate to what is written as my own experience and feel the joy of reading it but not always
as it is not always in y case thats why I said does it matter if you can feel this sometime and not always ?

Thanks

JAtinder Singh

adeep646

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Sachkand
Thank you sir for your reply. it is quite clear whose matt you are using in your post and thank you for supporting your execptional theories with the gurbani.

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
Dear adeep ji

You can't survive without your matt or otherwise you must be dead. So what matt are you talking about, you just can't stop using your matt at all, how is it possible ? Give me one example where you think you have not used your own mat and have used Guru's (seriously please think and let me know, I'm anxious to know)
Gurumatt is sought by the holiest of the saints and they don't achieve it even then,only the one who is blessed achieves gurumat... And then there is nothing distinguising his mat from Guru's
Only Guru's matt flow thru him. I totally agree with balbir ji that your methodology of saying 'Wahe' while inhaling and 'Guru' while exaling is totally bogus... Please explain it to us that how do you claim it is Guru's mat ?

Awaitin your reply

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
Quote Adeep ji: When you take air in you say “Wahe” and when out you say “Guru” do this with repetition and take your focus inward slowly lower your voice and then go “Anargath“ where your toughts take place. Here do Simran same way and stop your toughts. "Vichar Marre Tarre Taare Ult Joon Na Ayi” stop your toughts and swim trough this “bav sagar” turbulent ocean of toughts and you will be free from reincarnation.
Eventually you will fall asleep or enter a state of zero thought flux. Neutral space where you are above the Tregun Maya, a place called Sunn here you will hear His Naam. here you just sit quietly. When your Mann has stoped talking the God will talk and you will hear Naam. it take practice and by Waheguru Grace.

Holy Cow !!

Then all the animals who hibernate for years together by falling asleep must have attained god!!
There must be some difference between falling asleep and your so called zero thought flux !!

adeep646

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Sachkand
Waheguru ji,

you can only understand by practical experience. there is no other way. it is difficult for those that have not been blessed to do Simran of understand the Gurbani. so they use their own Matt to get the meanings and theories , Many try talk the big talk but do not try to walk the Marg. These methods are mentioned as "Sas GRas" and "SAs Sas".

Also Guru Ji's Matt says "Akkal eh Na Akia Akkal Gavaiye Baad", so this is the end of my post in this topic. if any one has questions they may messenger me.

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
Dear Adeep ji
Quote: you can only understand by practical experience. there is no other way. Many talk the big talk but do not try to walk the Marg.

Totally agree, and it applies to you as well.

Archived_member2

Archived
Jul 18, 2004
Germany
Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!
Dear all and Adeep646 Jee!

Quote "These methods are mentioned as 'Sas GRas' and 'SAs Sas'."
Please provide one reference from the Gurus where they have said that 'Sas GRas' and 'SAs Sas' are the methods. I will be grateful.

Please be a good companion and stay in Satsang.

Balbir Singh

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Quote Adeep ji: When you take air in you say “Wahe” and when out you say “Guru” do this with repetition and take your focus inward slowly lower your voice and then go “Anargath“ where your toughts take place. Here do Simran same way and stop your toughts. "Vichar Marre Tarre Taare Ult Joon Na Ayi” stop your toughts and swim trough this “bav sagar” turbulent ocean of toughts and you will be free from reincarnation.
Eventually you will fall asleep or enter a state of zero thought flux. Neutral space where you are above the Tregun Maya, a place called Sunn here you will hear His Naam. here you just sit quietly. When your Mann has stoped talking the God will talk and you will hear Naam. it take practice and by Waheguru Grace.Holy Cow !! Then all the animals who hibernate for years together by falling asleep must have attained god!!
There must be some difference between falling asleep and your so called zero thought flux !!

Gill Sahib

I totally agree with you. It is nothing but hybernating like animals. Falling asleep and going in sun and awakening from sleep and going in saroor (bliss) are two different things. Going in samadhi is bliss and just 'sun' is nothing bus sleep. Sutia milai na bhao. We make ourselves a cartoon in front of others those who watch us. Gursikhi is jo jeo so ughvai muh ka keha waho - it is truth living which will yield marks, spoken words are nothing but blowing wind.

Regards Sahni Mohinder

adeep646

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Sachkand
Waheguru Ji,

when the Cow sleeps, it goes into Sunn. when you sleep you go into Sunn.

if you do not know where you when you go to sleep and how you go there and how you get back, then you are on the same list as the Cow. and you will have the same faith as our 4-legged friend. :)

When you go to Sleep you are free from all toughts, if you have toughts and "Vichars" and "Furne", you will not go sleep, Sunn. same way to enter Samadi you have to stop your toughts. it is the Same.OMG

as you can see even in other religions like Buddism and even yoga, there is alot of preconditioning involved,; sitting upright, hanging upside down and other physical strain. Guru Nanak Ji said all this precondition is unnecessary. Our Bagati, "Bakti" begins when our Mann has left the world of Trengun, when it is in Sunn.:idea:

the human "Manas" has been given the most Gian of all the other species "joons". because the Cow is not so blessed it does not have the understanding capabilities and mental functionality as we do so they are limited.
is by doing Simran that we can be awaken our Sleeping Manns.
Quote "Sutia milai na bhao" is refering to our Manns being asleep here in world of tregun maya. (3 qualities) and if its alseep here its also asleep when it goes home "Thir Ghar" ,Nij Ghar, Sunn, Siege Gufa, Begum Pura, "10 Gate"

Guru Ji says "Tini Guni Sansar Baram Sutia, Sutia Rehn Vihani"

Guru Ji Says "Simr Simr Simr Gur Apna Soiya Mann Jagai"
by doing simran we can awaken. Sas Gras Simran and Jap

Jap is to speak with your mouth. "Sabe Japo Jap Jo Mukho Valatia"
Grahi means to take in and Sas is complete the action by breathing out.

:up: :wah:

Last edited:

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Waheguru Ji,

when the Cow sleeps, it goes into Sunn. when you sleep you go into Sunn.

if you do not know where you when you go to sleep and how you go there and how you get back, then you are on the same list as the Cow. and you will have the same faith as our 4-legged friend. :)

When you go to Sleep you are free from all toughts, if you have toughts and "Vichars" and "Furne", you will not go sleep, Sunn. same way to enter Samadi you have to stop your toughts. it is the Same.OMG
Jap is to speak with your mouth. "Sabe Japo Jap Jo Mukho Valatia"
Grahi means to take in and Sas is complete the action by breathing out.:up: :wah:

Adeepji your talk looks very good on internet and books, but I tell you 99.9% of the people goes in sleep and hybernate like cow. Try yourself today and you will watch. gurbani has not said just like that aakhan aukha sacha nao.
Regards Sahni Mohinder

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
I agree adeep ji that jap means to speak from mouth but which mouth adeep ji.
Shouldn't that mouth which does this jap be away from this tregun maya as well, no? can it be this physical mouth ?... if the mouth is beyond maya only then can it jap the ajapa jap..( I don't know how is it otherwise possible) !!

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
I had the chance to Listen to Sant Maskken ji on 10th Oct,2007.He had clearly stated that one should utter from his mouth' and listen to that which one is japping.

It is how the name japped is digested. Only for info.

Deppuji

SPNer
Nov 23, 2007
Gurbani talks about "Naam" in two ways. One is just like you name a person and you call him by that name. The same way, people named GOD with diffferent names (like God, Allah, Ram, Gobind, Waheguru etc.). The second one is the "Divine Word", which is also called naam (Shabad, Sacha Shabad, Anhad Shabad etc.) in the Gurbani and Gurbani frequently talks about it. This 'Namm' was created by the God. Gurbani says" Tis roop na rekh anahd vaje Shabad nirajan kia". First God created the 'Naam', then he created everything else by 'Naam'. Gurbani says "Aapine aap sajaeo, aapine rachio Nao (Naam)", means God created himself and he created 'Naam'. The 'Naam' is present everywhere and also inside our body, and it is hidden in the Dasam Duar (Tenth gate). The purpose of our life is to find the 'Naam' from our inside. The 'Naam' is food of our mind. Gurbani says " Man ka tosa (food) hari naam hai". When our mind is in 'Maya', we can not listen the 'Naam' (Shabad). Gurbani says when your mind is in 'Maya' you cannot listen the Shabad, Naam then you are deaf. Gurbani says " Mayadhari aat anna bolla (deaf), Shabad na sunaee bahu roll ghachola". If you cannot listen the 'Naam', Start doing Gurmantra (Wahegur).

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Deppuji

Welcome to this forum !

we delighted to have learned member on this forum !

I really appreciate your post and can understand what you are saying a little bit
Sincerely I will be able to understand more if you can elaborate further on the second meaning that Saccha Shabad , Anhad Shabad

Also I would like to know that what you write is it based on your personal experience ?

Thanks

Jatinder Singh

Deppuji

SPNer
Nov 23, 2007
Jatinder Singh Ji, I am very happy that someone read my writing carefully. I would try to explain it more. Gurubani talks about Sacha Shabad, Anhad Shabad (divine word, unstruck melody). God first created the Shabad, then created everything from the Shabad. It also resides in our body in the Dasam Duar (Tenth gate, Nijh ghar) and it is going on all the time. When our mind enters the Dasam Duar, it listens the Sacha Shabad, Anhad Shabad. Gurbani says "
nau dr Twky Dwvqu rhwey ]
Those who close off the nine gates, and restrain the wandering mind,

dsvY inj Gir vwsw pwey ]
come to dwell in the Home of the Tenth Gate.

EQY Anhd sbd vjih idnu rwqI gurmqI sbdu suxwvixAw ]6]
There, the Unstruck Melody of the Shabad vibrates day and night. Through the Guru's Teachings, the Shabad is heard. ||6||

we can meet the God through this Shabad. Gurbani Says:
jIAw AMdir jIau sbdu hY ijqu sh mylwvw hoie ]
The life within all living beings is the Word of the Shabad. Through it, we meet our Husband Lord.
Gurubani Says, Do whatever Guru says. Guru says that find the Word and cometo your true home (Thir ghar, Sahej ghar). Gurbani Says:
guir kihAw sw kwr kmwvhu ]
So do that work, which the Guru tells you to do.

sbdu cIin@ shj Gir Awvhu ]
Contemplating the Word of the Shabad, you shall come to the home of celestial bliss.
To find the word, we need to chant Gurmantra (Waheguru), So our mind can leave the thoughts and enter the Nijh ghar. The key of the Gurmantra is to listen it when you are chanting. Keep your mind present. I have experienced some of it and still am working on it.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Deppuji ji

For me too it is a real upbeat experience to meet you. You have a talent for focusing on the important ideas. DrKhalsa is right when he says that you are a learned person. Your Gurbani choice is the best illustration of what you are saying. Not only am I now reading and trying to absorb your ideas, I am also thinking about them in my own dhyanna.

Also, it is refreshing to meet someone who knows and understands Gurbani and who at the same time is not acting like a cyber-sadhu. To me that is a Gursikh!

Thanks from me, and I am sure many others reading this thread. Your comments are also good follow-up to what Soul_Jyot was putting before us earlier in the thread.

Fateh!

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
i have a question, i think a silly one:

how did we reach the conclusion that the word "Waheguru" is the Guru mantar?

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
its still not clear, maybe my translation is bad

does it say the above translation or does it say:

"The True Guru became benovelent to disciple,
Praiseworth Guru revealed the true mantra to the disciple"

also here is another place where Bhai Gurdas explains meaning of Waheguru:

this is from same link as you gave me

Vaar 1 Pauri 49 Waheguru mantar
ਸਤਿਜੁਗਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਾਸਦੇਵ ਵਵਾ ਵਿਸਨਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ।
satijugi satigur vaasadayv vavaa visanaa naamu japaavai|
In Satyug, Visnu in the form of Vasudev is said to have incarnated and ‘V’ Of Vahiguru reminds of Visnu.
Line 1

ਦੁਆਪਰਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਹਾਹਾ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵੈ ।
duaapari satigur haree krisan haahaa hari hari naamu japaavai|
The true Guru of dvapar is said to be Harikrsna and ‘H’ of Vahiguru reminds of Hari.
Line 2

ਤੇਤੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਰਾਮ ਜੀ ਰਾਰਾ ਰਾਮ ਜਪੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਵੈ ।
taytay satigur raam jee raaraa raam japay sukhu paavai|
In the the treta was Ram and ‘R’ of Vahiguru tells that rembering Ram will produce joy and happiness.
Line 3

ਕਲਿਜੁਗਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਗਗਾ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਨਾਮੁ ਅਲਾਵੈ ।
kalijugi naanak gur gobind gagaa gobind naamu alaavai|
In kalijug, Gobind is in the form of Nanak and ‘G’ of Vahiguru gets Govind recited.
Line 4

ਚਾਰੇ ਜਾਗੇ ਚਹੁ ਜੁਗੀ ਪੰਚਾਇਣ ਵਿਚਿ ਜਾਇ ਸਮਾਵੈ ।
chaaray jaagay chahu jugee panchaain vichi jaai samaavai|
The recitations o f all the four ages subsume in Panchayan i.e. in the soul of the common man.
Line 5

ਚਾਰੋ ਅਛਰ ਇਕੁ ਕਰਿ ਵਾਹਗੁਰੂ ਜਪੁ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਜਪਾਵੈ ।
chaaro achhar iku kari vaahaguroo japu mantr japaavai|
When joining four letters Vahiguru is remembered,
Line 6

ਜਹਾ ਤੇ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਫਿਰਿ ਤਹਾ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥੪੯॥੧॥
jahaa tay upajiaa dhiri tahaa samaavai ॥49॥1॥
The jiv merges again in its origin.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: