• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hard Talk What Is Happening ?

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Live and let live. Meanwhile, continue promoting Sikhi as presented in Gurbani. Let people sort the wheat from the chaff for themselves.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Darghai Parshaad -- don't miss this amazing opportunity

How do we Counter these things ? i generally dont care, but this..... it makes me feel like Sikh community has no Bright Future.
How do we tackle this ?

FYI there are many forums, including possibly that one, that have ran similar posts to yours about this forum and its thoughts, we are seekers, searchers, should we be arrogant enough to assume that it is only our way or the highway?

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
what is authentic Sikhi? who authenticates it?
To me as authetic sikhi starts with understanding of the verse Nanak Nirmal Panth Chalaya.

My research and understanding SGGS suggest the sikhi which is practiced today is not the sikhi which Guru Nanak preached .it is worshipped more than read ,uttered as a mantra .
One of the main reason is due to improper understanding of the Guru's word.So the right understanding of the words meaning and to be understood in context of the whole shabad is what makes Nanak Panth Nirmal.

Understanding of key concept like Jup ,NAAM, Simran ,Amrit etc is very important step towards Authentic Sikhi

Who Authenticates?
The benchmark is SGGS

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
To me as authetic sikhi starts with understanding of the verse Nanak Nirmal Panth Chalaya.

My research and understanding SGGS suggest the sikhi which is practiced today is not the sikhi which Guru Nanak preached .it is worshipped more than read ,uttered as a mantra .
One of the main reason is due to improper understanding of the Guru's word.So the right understanding of the words meaning and to be understood in context of the whole shabad is what makes Nanak Panth Nirmal.

Understanding of key concept like Jup ,NAAM, Simran ,Amrit etc is very important step towards Authentic Sikhi

Who Authenticates?
The benchmark is SGGS

your understanding is only a small drop in the ocean, it is not the ocean and never will be, that I guess could only like in a true sadh sangat

sukhsingh

Writer
SPNer
Aug 13, 2012
UK

Who Authenticates?
The benchmark is SGGS

Maybe we shouldn't 'practice' sikhi

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
The drop doesn’t have to become the ocean.It already is the ocean .It just has to know it.

The drop can never be the ocean, no one person can know all, no one person has all the right answers or the correct understanding, anyone who feels they do is a fool, you can see only a small part of the big picture, and you will never see it all, so lighten up, and respect the way others practice Sikhism

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
the mythical combination of drops that form an ocean, rather than the mercedes driving gold dripping tossers that represent sangat these days
I f you think that trying understanding few terms of Gurbani through Gurbani is mythical combination of drops than their is no point understanding SGGS
then why dont you describe authentic sikhi is for us and where can i find a true sangat .

A_seeker

Writer
SPNer
Jun 6, 2018
The drop can never be the ocean, no one person can know all, no one person has all the right answers or the correct understanding, anyone who feels they do is a fool, you can see only a small part of the big picture, and you will never see it all, so lighten up, and respect the way others practice Sikhism

Well let them practice whatever -ism they want and thats a public discussion forum not their dera /Taksal .We free to express our viewpoint.

Japji provide us that answer how drop is an ocean and how to realize it in Pauri 1 line 5.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I f you think that trying understanding few terms of Gurbani through Gurbani is mythical combination of drops than their is no point understanding SGGS
then why dont you describe authentic sikhi is for us and where can i find a true sangat .

I can't describe authentic Sikhi, as I am a drop just like you, and personally, I don't believe true sangat exists, which is why I used the phrase mythical,

The truth is that no living mortal can lay claim to any knowledge of the divine, thus, there can be no right or wrong in how people choose to know god, all we can do is use logic and knowledge to give it our best shot,

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Well let them practice whatever -ism they want and thats a public discussion forum not their dera /Taksal .We free to express our viewpoint.

Japji provide us that answer how drop is an ocean and how to realize it in Pauri 1 line 5.

and do you know anyone that has realised it? or perhaps you know someone that knows someone that has, or maybe you have heard of someone that has?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM