General - What Are You Currently Listening To? | Sikh Philosophy Network
  • Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...
    Sign up Log in

General What Are You Currently Listening To?

Currently reading:
General What Are You Currently Listening To?

Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
22
Likes
0
Location
Bathgate,Scotland
Would anyone mind me starting a thread for what music we are currently listening to? I've seen that most forums i use contain a "now listening to" or a "currently listening to thread". I guess it does help others get a better idea of what music it is we enjoy. Music is a great influence in my life, i don't think i could live without it.

Currently i'm listening to:

Einsturzende Neubauten - Headcleaner
 

Anoop

SPNer
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
153
Likes
13
Location
London Uk
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

Type: Jazz/classical espionage

Composer: Norihiko Hibino

Title: cant say goodbye to yesterday (alternative version)


LoL...I would say im different, but i actually like listening to jazz and thats what im listening to rite now, otherwise i dont listen to much of rap, and ofcourse...

Kamal Heer - Kehnu yaad kar kar hasdi

bhangra can never be beaten...

And ofcourse i try my best to lsiten to shabad, the wonderful poets from the gurus that teach many things...there are so many shabads, infact all of them are beautiful and knowlegdable.

:}{}{}: :whisling: :cool:
 
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
22
Likes
0
Location
Bathgate,Scotland
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

Anoop said:
Type: Jazz/classical espionage

Composer: Norihiko Hibino

Title: cant say goodbye to yesterday (alternative version)


LoL...I would say im different, but i actually like listening to jazz and thats what im listening to rite now, otherwise i dont listen to much of rap, and ofcourse...

Kamal Heer - Kehnu yaad kar kar hasdi

bhangra can never be beaten...

And ofcourse i try my best to lsiten to shabad, the wonderful poets from the gurus that teach many things...there are so many shabads, infact all of them are beautiful and knowlegdable.

:}{}{}: :whisling: :cool:
Einsturzende Neubauten - Redukt (live)

I'm listening to them alot recently, i've listened to them since i was about 12 i think. One of the most unique, original, artistic and creative artists i have ever soon. It is almost impossible to categorise their music as it is so diverse, from industrial, to rock, to electro, to neo-classical, to minimalist, to noise, it is very good stuff. They actually make most of their own instruments through mechanics and electrical engineering, whilst using alot of bass, piano, etc. Blixa Bargeld, the main persona in the band, also the lead vocalist, is a multi-talented genius. Sorry i've went on for quite a bit,lol.
 

bopadum

SPNer
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
47
Likes
0
Location
I live in everything
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

I have been well getting into Tigerstyles Shaheedi series. Navdeep's Yaatra and loads of other Asian Underground Artists: Swami Baracus, Dj-V, Dutty Skilla, r-H, UK Apache, Indian Ropeman, Brown Boy Breakz, Sonik Devi's etc etc... I think you get the picture...
 
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
22
Likes
0
Location
Bathgate,Scotland
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

bopadum said:
I have been well getting into Tigerstyles Shaheedi series. Navdeep's Yaatra and loads of other Asian Underground Artists: Swami Baracus, Dj-V, Dutty Skilla, r-H, UK Apache, Indian Ropeman, Brown Boy Breakz, Sonik Devi's etc etc... I think you get the picture...
With the now listening to thread, it isn't the all the bands that you are listening to at the moment, but rather the song that is on your media player as you go to write this, for example: Bauhaus - Dark Entries, the artist - the song.
 

bopadum

SPNer
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
47
Likes
0
Location
I live in everything
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

British_Communist said:
With the now listening to thread, it isn't the all the bands that you are listening to at the moment, but rather the song that is on your media player as you go to write this, for example: Bauhaus - Dark Entries, the artist - the song.
Sorry I am at work (runied your thread abit!) - so listening to people whinging! Not music! But when I get back to the car the previous mentioned artists will be on.
 
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
22
Likes
0
Location
Bathgate,Scotland
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

bopadum said:
Sorry I am at work (runied your thread abit!) - so listening to people whinging! Not music! But when I get back to the car the previous mentioned artists will be on.
Lol its ok don't worry about it. Man i'd hate to be at work just now, i don't start my new job till the week after next.

Gary Numan - Stormtrooper in Drag

Dir en grey - Kodou

from the "Withering to death" album. The best Japanese Rock band i've came accross.
 
Last edited:

dalsingh

SPNer
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
1,064
Likes
233
Location
London
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

I've been listening to the new Tru Skool and Specialist album called Reprazent. I love the song Panjabian Da Dhol. (They are a U.K. based bunch of modern Bhangra producers). Check this album out if you love bhangra.

Other stuff on rotation:

Gary Numan - Cars (I wouldn't have owned up to this but I saw someone else listening to Numan on the forum)

Tigerstyle.

Tu he tu - G Deep (The one that uses the instrumental of Tupac's Wont do for love)
 

DragonKhanda

SPNer
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
11
Likes
0
Location
Chicago
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

When I get into my car....Immortal Technique...8tops7...U2
Nice combo huh?
XD

And I recieved this absolutely Wonderful recording of Simran, it is so beautiful! I wish I could share it, but only if you promise to use it. =D
Like I was.
 

dalsingh

SPNer
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
1,064
Likes
233
Location
London
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

You can't beat a bit of old school Kuldeep Manak

...sada soormay

....kahdi sardari

....jeona maur khori te faraar ho gaya
 
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
20
Likes
2
Location
Oakland, CA
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

Usually lots of Dya Singh, either listening while following along on a printout (Japji Sahib, Rehiras, etc.), while meditating (Sukhmani Simren), or while chanting along (the Waheguru Simran track from the Naam: The Inner Journey CD).
 

saleen

SPNer
Joined
Nov 6, 2006
Messages
7
Likes
0
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

these days i am on a roll with religious music:

Asa Di Vaar and Sunder Kand from Ramayana
 

max314

SPNer
Joined
May 28, 2006
Messages
285
Likes
86
Re: What are you currently listening to...?

Nine Inch Nails, 'Just Like You Imagined'.

Awesome track.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top