• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Well Regarded Peoples Views On Sikhism

BaljinderS

SPNer
Dec 29, 2011
SGGS9.jpg

“Sri Guru Granth Sahib is the common religious scripture of all…. Sikhs have been unsuccessful in making the world know about their religious scripture. Today, humanity is in dire need of Guru Granth Sahib’s peaceful and loving message”.

English writer Archer, author of book Sikh Faith

_wsb_86x110_Winston_Churchill.jpg

Sir Winston Churchill, former Prime Minister of Britian.
"...British people are highly indebted and obliged to Sikhs for a long time. I know that within this century we needed their help twice and they did..."
Read More

Max+Arthur+Macauliffe.jpg

Max Arthur
Macauliffe
"...Unlike the scriptures of other creeds, they (Sikh Scriptures) do not contain love stories or accounts of wars waged for selfish considerations. They contain sublime truths, the study of which cannot but..."
Read More

http://sikhquotes.org/resources/russell+bertrand.jpg

Bertrand Russell, Philosopher & Mathematician
"...If some lucky men survive the onslaught of the third world war of atomic and hydrogen bombs, then the Sikh religion will be the only..." Read More

_wsb_81x105_pearl+s+buck.jpg

Miss Pearl S. Buck, a Nobel laureate
"...I have studied the scriptures of the great religions, but I do not find elsewhere the same power of appeal to..."
Read More

arnold+toynbee.jpg

Arnold Toynbee, a historian
"...the Sikh religion and its scriptures, the Guru Granth, will have something special of value to say to the rest of the world..."
Read More

_wsb_84x105_swami+nityananda2.JPG

Swami Nitya Nand
"...During the visit to the Golden temple in Amritsar his soul was so impressed that he became Guru’s devotee. After sojourn in Punjab we went to Hardwar. One day I saw tears in his eyes..."

http://sikhquotes.org/

Feb 23, 2012
United Kingdom
A fuller version of the quote from Miss Pearl S. Buck, a Nobel laureate who was given a copy of the Gopal Singh translation of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, this is what she said:

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" class=cquote align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman',serif; COLOR: rgb(178,183,242); FONT-SIZE: 35px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top width=20>“</TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 4px" vAlign=top>I have studied the scriptures of the great religions, but I do not find elsewhere the same power of appeal to the heart and mind as I find here in these volumes. They are compact in spite of their length and are a revelation of the concept of God to the recognition and indeed the insistence upon the practical needs of the human body...This sense of unity is the source of power I find in these volumes. They speak to a person of any religion or of none. They speak for the human heart and the searching mind.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I find this too as a Roman Catholic!

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM