• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

S Asia We Have Made Good Development, His Holiness Told Tibetan Students

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
We Have Made Good Development, His Holiness Told Tibetan Students

Friday, 01 June 2012 15:38 Hamsini, The Tibet Post International

1%20june%202012%20004.jpg

1%20june%202012%20003.jpg

Dharamshala:
On the morning of June 1, the spiritual leader of Tibet, His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama started his 3 day teaching to introduce Tibetan Buddhism to young Tibetans and students in Dharamsala. This time, he taught primarily from two texts, Nagarjuna's "Drops for Nurturing Beings" and Tsongkhapa's "In Praise of Dependent Origination"

This morning, around 3000 students attended the teachings. In the morning, His Holiness the Dalai Lama first introduced Buddhism and then he held a question and answer session with the students. The morning session with his Holiness was held in the big auditorium while in the afternoon, the audience was split into smaller groups and a Geshe presided over each of these groups. If there were any discrepancies with respect to the morning teachings then the Geshe would clear all the doubts put forward by the students.

Today before His Holiness the Dalai Lama started teaching, some old students of Dharamsala Buddhism Introduction Organization debated for ten minutes in front of His Holiness. Then, when HH started teaching, he said "All of you of the young and new generation, you could see how this world is well educated. We have made good development. When we first came to India, schooling and education were our main priorities. Though we have not completed everything we first wished for, we have had a lot of success till now."

"I have always said that for a country's development starts from an individual and his ability. Each of those individuals have an idea as well as a special ambition. They realized the method of how to go about it. That is why the first world countries countries have developed."

His Holiness said that no can say that one religion is good and another religion is bad. Usually, religion is just like medicine. We have to prescribe it according to the conditions of each patient and each disease.

The 76-year-old Nobel Peace Laureate also recounted that he usually tells foreigners that changing one's religion is very complicated and difficult. It would be better to practice one's own religion and culture. He said, "I have a friend who had an idea to found a Buddhist center in France. But I told him that I didn't see it suitable to start a Buddhist centre in France because the area there usually is a Christian and the people there will not be comfortable with it. I also suggested that if you can spend the money to find a Buddhist Centre in a Buddhist area. Later I found that he founded a Buddhist center in Thailand. Just think, if a big Christan centre was founded in a Tibetan settlement, how will you feel?"

His Holiness then quoted a Tibetan Proverb which says that you should put yourself in the place of others.

This introduction to Buddhism was started in 2007 and this is the 6th teaching in this course which His Holiness is conducting for young Tibetans and students.

At the end of the teaching, on the 3rd June, the Kalon Tripa, Lobsang Sangay will address the students about the CTA policy and administration and hold a question and answer round with students. After him, Penpa Tsering, speaker of Tibetan Parliament, will talk about development of Tibetan Democracy and about the parliament with discussions with students.

source:
http://www.thetibetpost.com/en/news...evelopment-his-holiness-told-tibetan-students

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: