• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Heritage We Are Killing Our Own History, Campain For Its Survival

Jan 6, 2007
UK
It is appalling to note that we are ourselves the perpetrators of the destruction of our own history. Gurdwara after Gurdwara is being demolished / refurbished replacing / burying our history under a marble instigated by our so own so called holly leaders ( Baba's and Sant's in kar sewas). The are destroying our culture, heritage and the memories of our Respected Gurus. The style of lifes and the environments they have lived through. This is a typical example of "Deevay thalley Andhera".

Look at the West, they spend vast sums of money trying to preserve the originality of their historical buildings and ancient culture and traditions.

What right do we have to blame others for inflicting damage to Sikh History when we ourselves seem to be doing so.

Please somebody “Knock some sense into these Baba's and Sant's” heading Kar sewas. In my humble opinion “Ena nu phar ke shittar phero”

This saddens me immensely.

I would like to hear your opinions on this matter.

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

navroopsingh

SPNer
Nov 15, 2006
Of course the historical gurdwara's should be maintained how they are. If they are damaged though, there should be a call for restoration...not rebuilding. These baba's need to learn what sikh pride actually is and actually be able to teach the youth something which none of them seem to be able to :(. Everyone should be educated that if we don't preserve our own history, what history will we have left? That would be the incorrect and misguiding history placed into sikhi by hindu brahmin and others looking to the downfall of sikhi internally. It will come chaotically if it is not dealt with.

badmash

SPNer
Jan 25, 2007
The reason for all of this is that the kind of people who should be granthis and babas and in charge of gurudwarars are people who post on this website. We all know what the problems are, but we are all unable to sacrifice our careers and well being for the greater community. Therefore, we let undereducated and many times downright unfit people run our religion, its affairs and places of worship. Any wonder they go to ****?

If anyone wants to change things, the educated and honest and idealistic must get involved. Otherwise, we all know where this is headed , and that is downhill.

Hardas Singh

(previously Satyadhi)
SPNer
Feb 19, 2007
hmmm... I wanna do everything I can to preserve Sikhism but I am new to Sikhism and I was raised a Christian so i know my parents would never approve of me being a Sikh (I am 19 so I'm legally an adult but I'm still unsure how to tell them), but secretly I have become a Sikh but I am unable to go to a Gurdwara or anything, but it is destroying me on the inside not being able to serve God and hiding my beliefs like this... I read whatever I can about Sikhism and am growing rapidly in my knowledge but it is still not enough, I need to do more!!! nothing in my life has ever compared to me becoming a Sikh!!! Please any suggestions on where i can learn more about Sikhism and help protect and preserv it will be greatly appreciated.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
hmmm... I wanna do everything I can to preserve Sikhism but I am new to Sikhism and I was raised a Christian so i know my parents would never approve of me being a Sikh (I am 19 so I'm legally an adult but I'm still unsure how to tell them), but secretly I have become a Sikh but I am unable to go to a Gurdwara or anything, but it is destroying me on the inside not being able to serve God and hiding my beliefs like this... I read whatever I can about Sikhism and am growing rapidly in my knowledge but it is still not enough, I need to do more!!! nothing in my life has ever compared to me becoming a Sikh!!! Please any suggestions on where i can learn more about Sikhism and help protect and preserv it will be greatly appreciated.

dear satyadhi

there is nothing to feel bad that you are unable to go to gurudwara.if you have accepted teachings of sikh guru's then you already are a sikh.after reding your posts one thing i want to say is that your spiritual level is quite advanced compare do some sikhs which are born in sikh families.as far as
learning sikhism is concerned then internet is great source of learning.
you can visit
http://www.sikhnet.com/ where you can learn much about sikhism
also here is another link which has english interpretation of japji sahib
http://www.heavenlygardens.org/japjie/index.htm
it will help you to understand deeper meaning of gurbani

and please don't feel bad that you are not serving god.because we cannot serve god, it is god who is serving us because only weak require serving and god is almighty powerful.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM