• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

We All Call Ourselves Sikhs. Yeah Right!

Jun 1, 2004
Taken from another source ...

cd3.jpg

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040712/cth1.htm#4
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040712/chd.htm

Is this is how its all gonna end.We call ourselves-Sikhs,the chosen ones.
In this forum we have discussed many topics-some pertaining to hair,,1984, sikh personalities,etc ,etc.But we have never discussed the real issuesWe have always turned a blind eye to situations which need our attention the most.Be it an ailing kid with a hole in the heart or be it this old man-who has been abandoned by his own kids.
The old man stays in Chandigarh-home to many prosperous and educated Sikhs.But Alas!!! No one has given this old man shelter.Forget shelter..The gurdwaras have done nothing
Is this is how its supposed to be. Where r those ppl who used to take initiatives and indulge in selfless acts..
I still believe in Waheguru but whenever I see/read these things , I begin to loose faith in what I have always believed in/
I wear a turban and keep my beard.I have never ever even thought about loosing my identity cos I am proud to be a sikh and I am aware of the sacrifcies made by our Gurus and his brave Khalsa.But we r letting it all go in vain as we do not even care for our fellow brothers and sisters.
I am still a student so can,t directly indulge myself in any kind of seva.But even the Gurdwara's refuse to help those in need.So I wonder...
Whats the use of Langar when fellow men ( not just Sikhs but anyone irrespective of class,caste,etc)) fails to act at the tme of need.?
Whats the use of doing seva during Gurpurabs and other festivals when we can;t even take care of our own brothers and sisters?
Whats the use of calling ourselves Sikhs when we have failed miseably as human beings?

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
The people around the victim are not sikhs.

Instead of questioning turban, beard, seva, langar etc, we need to realize that it is upto the people (practising a faith) who could hold the flag high. Generally, a matter of show-off in those garbs.

Why go that far even? Let us look at our own family for just two generations. I havent come across a family yet, which lives in peace with all those elders, youngers in one place. So much difference in thinking! These gaps are sometimes so far, that brothers/sisters, parents/kids dont talk at all! In general situations, things dont go so much out of control, but in other situations, they just go out of control. First look has to be at own family, instead of looking at others. Once we know the importance of peace in own family, then only we will be able to help others. Or else these are just talks and talks, just the way I am doing those right now.

Before saying 'Sarbat da Bhala', let us peek into our own lives, if we are able to do bhala of ourselves first. If not, then what a big liar I am to say 'Sarbat da Bhala'!

Regards.

etinder

SPNer
Jul 26, 2004
New Delhi, India
ThinkingOne said:
The people around the victim are not sikhs.

Instead of questioning turban, beard, seva, langar etc, we need to realize that it is upto the people (practising a faith) who could hold the flag high. Generally, a matter of show-off in those garbs.

Why go that far even? Let us look at our own family for just two generations. I havent come across a family yet, which lives in peace with all those elders, youngers in one place. So much difference in thinking! These gaps are sometimes so far, that brothers/sisters, parents/kids dont talk at all! In general situations, things dont go so much out of control, but in other situations, they just go out of control. First look has to be at own family, instead of looking at others. Once we know the importance of peace in own family, then only we will be able to help others. Or else these are just talks and talks, just the way I am doing those right now.

Before saying 'Sarbat da Bhala', let us peek into our own lives, if we are able to do bhala of ourselves first. If not, then what a big liar I am to say 'Sarbat da Bhala'!

Regards.
I also agree with this tht evry time we make this hypocrite statement of sarbat da bhala, while wht we are saying is all talk n talk and never the walk

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: