• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Gurus Was Guru Nanak A Good Father?

Lucy Ahmed

SPNer
Apr 28, 2008
Malaysia
ah, why compare?
I believe they are great in their own way. Even Gandi was great in his own community...society even to the whole world, but was he a great father??? His very own son had his own reservation regarding that matter.

I wonder, can a one person be EVERYTHING?!!

Apr 5, 2010
I think Guru Nanak was a great Father like Jesus. The whole world was his family. All the sons(children) under the sun were his sons. He had a mission & a purpose of his life.That was to unite people & remember God thrugh Naam Simran. He went to Hindu temples & mecca to teach oneness of God & oneness of whole humanity.Guru Nanak did not take birth to start a new religion. He came here to show us new way of life. Guru Nanak did not biieve in fake teligious rituals. His way of teaching was unique. How he taught to the people in Hardwar who were throwing water & worshipping Sun.How he convinced the quazi at mecca that God resides every where. How he taught Pandits in Kurkshetra who refrained & objected to his cooking meat.What a beutiful Shabad there is in sggs. maas maas kar moorakh jhagre........
How strong was Guru Nanak's passion to inculcate Love of God in both Hindus & Muslims. He was darling of both.
Those who think Guru Nanak did not look after his children & wife should remember that his purpose of life & his mission to heal the world with his love & spirtual guidance was much greater than looking after a small family.He was assured that his family is safe & is being well lo0ked after by his jija & his sister at Sultanpur.Guru Nanak was doing a job as storekeeper to look after the granery of Nawab.He had enough money.
When Guru Nanak recieved his call from God , he left everything & set out on a mission that has hardly been achieved by any other human being.It is in his travels that he collected the writtings of Kabir,Namdev & other saints which is a beutiful part of sggs.
It is impossible for me to write & sing praises of Guru Nanak in this short note.
I consider Guru Nanak as my own Father & some times i differ with him also on certain parts of his writtings in gurbani which do not appeal to my soul & i frankly tell him, which he appreciates. Like some times sons differ from fathers & fathers give freedom to their sons to do so.I love Guru Nanak as my spirtual Father.Just imagine in 9 words Guru Nanak has given us the gift of MOOL MANTAR. This is a treasure.we know who God is from Guru Nanak's point of view. It was Guru Nanak who in 15th century spoke about the equality of women what a beutiful shabad there is in Asa di vaar....Bhand Jamiaye Bhand Nimiaye......
Guru Nanak was a great Father, a great philospher , a great guide.
Guru Nanak was the humblest prophet.
what a beutiful line is this: Dan Menhda Tali Khak je Mile ta Mastak Laeeaye.
I bow my head to Guru Nanak & pray that those who do not know Gurmukhi to please read & heed what Guru Nanak has written in his mother tongue.Guru Nanak was the greatest poet.Please read what he has written in the Gurbani in Patti Likhi which is in Asa de vaar.This bani has all the 35 words of our punjabi language written in Gurmukhi script. This gurbani he uttered at the age od 7-8 when he was sent to study from a muslim teacher.

I bow my head again on the feet of Guru Nanak.
Mahanbir Singh.

Why did Guru Nanak undertake the responsibilities of marriage and fatherhood if he was aware that he would need to go and travel to share his mission? <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><?"urn:
P><P class=MsoNormal style=
How can it be right or fair for the breadwinner to leave his family for a total of 28 years (almost half his adult life) to be a burden for others to take care of? How can it be called love to leave your wife behind with your children to fend for herself and her children for years on end. What could his sons have felt seeing their father and role-model disappearing for years on end? Even if Guru Nanak had left behind sufficient money to cover their material needs, what about the emotional and physical needs of his wife? Who was taking care of these in his long absences?

Wouldn't his wife and sons begun to resent the fact that their absent husband/father was busy taking care of the "whole world was his family" & "sons(children) under the sun were his sons" instead of his own flesh and blood?

Isn't the fact that Guru Nank went gallivanting around India and other parts of the world for the majority of his children's early-mid years show as a bad example for them and also other Sikhs to emulate? How then can he be seen as a good example, when the example is bad?

Why did he see a need to go to Mecca to convince the people there of the One God when they already believed in One God and were following a strictly Monotheistic religion? Isn't that called preaching to the choir? Also if Sikhism believes that all religions lead to God, why was Guru Nanak proselytising the Sikh religion at all?

"When Guru Nanak received his call from God , he left everything & set out on a mission that has hardly been achieved by any other human being."
There are many accounts of other human beings who travelled far wider and through different parts of the world then Guru Nanak. Like Marco Polo & the famous traveller ibn Battuta who according to wikipedia:

"His journeys lasted for a period of nearly thirty years and covered North Africa, West Africa, Southern Europe and Eastern Europe in the West, to the Middle East, Indian subcontinent, Central Asia, Southeast Asia and China in the East, a distance readily surpassing that of his predecessors and his near-contemporary Marco Polo. With this extensive account of his journey, Ibn Battuta is often considered as one of the greatest travellers ever."

Last edited by a moderator:

roab1

SPNer
Jun 30, 2009
JC How do you summon that his children and wife would have been unhappy? These are just stupid assumptions based on ones own obseravtions around them that do not reflect on Guru Nanak and his family.

Apr 5, 2010
JC How do you summon that his children and wife would have been unhappy? These are just stupid assumptions based on ones own obseravtions around them that do not reflect on Guru Nanak and his family.

I just don't understand how a man claimed to be holy could treat his family so cruelly and so insensitively by abandoning them for such a long period of time. If it was a few months or maybe even a year max fair enough, but 28 years beggars belief. Why did he even undertake the responsibility of marriage? Surely if he was a man of God he would have had an inkling that he would be needed for God's service and so would not have undertaken the responsibility of marriage and then go on to have two children.

At the end of the day these can only ever be assumptions as I obviously have never known Guru Nanak or his family, but as a human being I look at how I perhaps may have felt being abandoned by my father for the majority of my youth and early adult years. Not having him as a role-model throughout my formulative years, to share in my successes or advise me in my failures.

Also I can use empathy to imagine how it must have felt for his poor wife to have had her husband go gallivanting around India proselytising his beliefs whilst neglecting her and her needs. Because surely she was human and required her physical, emotional and material needs met by the man who took her hand in marriage.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I just don't understand how a man claimed to be holy could treat his family so cruelly and so insensitively by abandoning them for such a long period of time. If it was a few months or maybe even a year max fair enough, but 28 years beggars belief. Why did he even undertake the responsibility of marriage? Surely if he was a man of God he would have had an inkling that he would be needed for God's service and so would not have undertaken the responsibility of marriage and then go on to have two children.

At the end of the day these can only ever be assumptions as I obviously have never known Guru Nanak or his family, but as a human being I look at how I perhaps may have felt being abandoned by my father for the majority of my youth and early adult years. Not having him as a role-model throughout my formulative years, to share in my successes or advise me in my failures.

Also I can use empathy to imagine how it must have felt for his poor wife to have had her husband go gallivanting around India proselytising his beliefs whilst neglecting her and her needs. Because surely she was human and required her physical, emotional and material needs met by the man who took her hand in marriage.

Just Curious ji,

Guru Fateh.

First of all, what is your religion and what does it teach?

Please share your religion's teachings that breed goodness in the followers.

Lastly,once again lots of presumptions and assumptions on your part without any evidence as also shown by you in other posts. It is a shame and shows one's shallowness and parochial vision by stating something that one has no proof of.

What good does it serve? One should ask one's own religion's teachings for the answer and share with others.

Tejwant Singh

Apr 5, 2010
Just Curious ji,

Guru Fateh.

First of all, what is your religion and what does it teach?

Please share your religion's teachings that breed goodness in the followers.

Lastly,once again lots of presumptions and assumptions on your part without any evidence as also shown by you in other posts. It is a shame and shows one's shallowness and parochial vision by stating something that one has no proof of.

What good does it serve? One should ask one's own religion's teachings for the answer and share with others.

Tejwant Singh

I am wondering what my faith has to do with anything. I am asking how a man who claims to be a man of God can act in the way that he treated his family. I think most sensible people would consider it unacceptable for anyone with a wife and 2 children to abandon them for 28 years. I can't accept that that would be acceptable by anyone let alone someone purporting to be acting on behalf of God.

It's not like i'm making this stuff up, as these facts are readily available in his biography.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I am wondering what my faith has to do with anything. I am asking how a man who claims to be a man of God can act in the way that he treated his family. I think most sensible people would consider it unacceptable for anyone with a wife and 2 children to abandon them for 28 years. I can't accept that that would be acceptable by anyone let alone someone purporting to be acting on behalf of God.

It's not like i'm making this stuff up, as these facts are readily available in his biography.

Just Curious ji,

Guru Fateh.

Your faith has everything to do with it. I have no idea why you are reluctant to talking about your faith. Why feel so insecure?

We can interact in a better manner and learn from each other's faith?

Do you feel there is some harm in your sharing your faith with us?

Tejwant Singh

Apr 5, 2010
Just Curious ji,

Guru Fateh.

Your faith has everything to do with it. I have no idea why you are reluctant to talking about your faith. Why feel so insecure?

We can interact in a better manner and learn from each other's faith?

Do you feel there is some harm in your sharing your faith with us?

Tejwant Singh

It depends why you so ardently wish to discover what my faith is. Is it so that instead of answering my questions you can try and attack my own faith, to get out of answering the questions I posed? As far as you need be concerned I am but a humble searcher for the Truth wherever that may be.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
It depends why you so ardently wish to discover what my faith is. Is it so that instead of answering my questions you can try and attack my own faith, to get out of answering the questions I posed? As far as you need be concerned I am but a humble searcher for the Truth wherever that may be.

Just Curious ji,

Guru Fateh.

I think you did not read my post and jumped to conclusions without having the right information or looking for knowledge to learn about things.

Why would I attack your faith when I asked you about it when I said in my previous post,"We can interact in a better manner and learn from each other's faith?"

If you consider learning an attack then it shows your own insecurity about your own faith as you are trying to hide yourself by not revealing it which contradicts your own assertion about yourself in your post," am but a humble searcher for the Truth wherever that may be".

A humble servant of Truth confronts truth when asked, not makes justifications and excuses. Truth does not allow its seekers to hide.

So, what is your faith so we can learn from each other?

Be a truthful seeker.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Apr 5, 2010
Just Curious ji,

Guru Fateh.

I think you did not read my post and jumped to conclusions without having the right information or looking for knowledge to learn about things.

Why would I attack your faith when I asked you about it when I said in my previous post,"We can interact in a better manner and learn from each other's faith?"

If you consider learning an attack then it shows your own insecurity about your own faith as you are trying to hide yourself by not revealing it which contradicts your own assertion about yourself in your post," am but a humble searcher for the Truth wherever that may be".

A humble servant of Truth confronts truth when asked, not makes justifications and excuses. Truth does not allow its seekers to hide.

So, what is your faith so we can learn from each other?

Be a truthful seeker.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

I still cannot understand what my faith has to do with anything. I am asking questions about YOUR faith to understand it better, what has MY faith got to do with anything? If I said that I was Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu or whatever then what? What will you do with that Information? How will it help you to answer my questions? Why should my faith and you not knowing what it is prevent you from being able to answer my questions?

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I still cannot understand what my faith has to do with anything. I am asking questions about YOUR faith to understand it better, what has MY faith got to do with anything? If I said that I was Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu or whatever then what? What will you do with that Information? How will it help you to answer my questions? Why should my faith and you not knowing what it is prevent you from being able to answer my questions?

Just Curious ji,

Guru Fateh.

LOL. I have no idea why are you so insecure about your religion. Does seeking Truth breed insecurity and fear or does it make one secure and fearless? I know Sikhi does the latter but I have no idea about your own faith.

As I said before and let me repeat it, I want to learn from your religion because all religions teach.

Were you not being truthful when you said you were seeking the Truth because you are hiding about your faith is not a truthful things to do.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Apr 5, 2010
Just Curious ji,

Guru Fateh.

LOL. I have no idea why are you so insecure about your religion. Does seeking Truth breed insecurity and fear or does it make one secure and fearless? I know Sikhi does the latter but I have no idea about your own faith.

As I said before and let me repeat it, I want to learn from your religion because all religions teach.

Were you not being truthful when you said you were seeking the Truth because you are hiding about your faith is not a truthful things to do.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

And lo and behold we have come complete circle.

It seems to me that you may not have any answers to my questions, hence this little game you're playing with me.

Who would have thought asking a question on a Sikh forum could be so tiring! :-(

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
And lo and behold we have come complete circle.

It seems to me that you may not have any answers to my questions, hence this little game you're playing with me.

Who would have thought asking a question on a Sikh forum could be so tiring! :-(

Just Curious ji,

Guru Fateh.

You are not asking questions. You are avoiding to answer the questions being asked to you so we can have a fruitful interaction. You are hiding yourself behind a niqab or under a burka as many insecure coward Muslims do when they like to escape then they become women. it is a norm in Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and many other Muslim countries.

As I said that you have lots of preconceived presumptions and assumptions without any proof which is a shame and you claim to be a Truthseeker?

What kind of Truth may I ask?

Please share the truth about your religion to us.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

roab1

SPNer
Jun 30, 2009

I can understand that you do not understand how Guru Nanak remained away from his household and not leave his family in distress, if you did you wouldnt be here asking it in first place. While the original poster who asked this question probably asked in another vein but you have taken it in another direction. Your aim is to make Guru Nanak look a runaway from his moral and family obligations and prove him to be a hypocrite. But that will not be the case.

I will answer your question now.

1. Guru Nanak was born in a very rich household. So that cuts off his need to work to feed his family. Unlike founders of some other faiths who were not only utterly poor but also illiterate, Guru Nanaks father was a very rich man. There is still a very large tract of agriculture land still standing in the Gurus name in Pakistan, gifted by contemporary king. It is another matter he or his family never cared for it. This proves his family wouldnt have needed the Guru to be present for providing food, shelter or money. There was enough in the house. Moreover the family of Guru Nanaks wife was also very rich. She would have had enough money on her own without having to depend upon Guru Nanak.

2. The sons of Guru Nanak were never angry with their father. They had proper freedom of choice. This fact is proven that Guru Nanak never forced his sons to follow proper Sikhi. His elder son founded a sub sect of Sikhism on his own. His younger son was found of pleasures of life and carried on with wordly life. Guru Nanak was a great advocate of married family life, but his elder son remained unmarried and celibate throughout his life, another example of freedom given to Guru Nanaks children. When Guru Nanak came back from one of his travels, Sri Chand wrote 'aarta' describing how he saw Guru Nanak. Read it and you will know what kind of relationship Guru Nanak had with his sons and the world.

3.About Mata Sulakhani, wife of Guru, why do you assume what you assume. The first five teachings of Sikhism are controlling

1. Kaam
2. Krodh
3. Lobh
4. Moh
5. Ahankaar

You still think she had any needs? She was above wordly needs or desires. She was one with God. She was greater than any prophets you would know. Wife of Guru Nanak was not ordinary human.

If you know then you would know Guru Nanak was with her every moment. Only your human brain cannot comprehend it, hence useless and childish questions. Come up with something worthwhile. BTW Sikhs dont follow Gurus example, we follow our Gurus word and hukam.

Apr 5, 2010
Just Curious ji,

Guru Fateh.

You are not asking questions. You are avoiding to answer the questions being asked to you so we can have a fruitful interaction. You are hiding yourself behind a niqab or under a burka as many insecure coward Muslims do when they like to escape then they become women. it is a norm in Pakistan, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and many other Muslim countries.

As I said that you have lots of preconceived presumptions and assumptions without any proof which is a shame and you claim to be a Truthseeker?

What kind of Truth may I ask?

Please share the truth about your religion to us.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

I see you presume I am a Muslim and hence the volley of insults hurled towards me! Once again you make your hatred of Islam (in particular) and other religions in general clear! If I had said I was a Christian/Jew/Hindu etc I wonder what insults I could have expected to receive.

For the last time I have come here asking you questions about your faith, not to share mine. Why is that such an obstacle for you? Why can you only answer my questions once you know my faith? Can it be to hurl insults as you already have done at what you preceive to be my faith of Islam which it might or might be but in any case is irrelevant?

Apr 5, 2010
I can understand that you do not understand how Guru Nanak remained away from his household and not leave his family in distress, if you did you wouldnt be here asking it in first place. While the original poster who asked this question probably asked in another vein but you have taken it in another direction. Your aim is to make Guru Nanak look a runaway from his moral and family obligations and prove him to be a hypocrite. But that will not be the case.

I will answer your question now.

1. Guru Nanak was born in a very rich household. So that cuts off his need to work to feed his family. Unlike founders of some other faiths who were not only utterly poor but also illiterate, Guru Nanaks father was a very rich man. There is still a very large tract of agriculture land still standing in the Gurus name in Pakistan, gifted by contemporary king. It is another matter he or his family never cared for it. This proves his family wouldnt have needed the Guru to be present for providing food, shelter or money. There was enough in the house. Moreover the family of Guru Nanaks wife was also very rich. She would have had enough money on her own without having to depend upon Guru Nanak.

2. The sons of Guru Nanak were never angry with their father. They had proper freedom of choice. This fact is proven that Guru Nanak never forced his sons to follow proper Sikhi. His elder son founded a sub sect of Sikhism on his own. His younger son was found of pleasures of life and carried on with wordly life. Guru Nanak was a great advocate of married family life, but his elder son remained unmarried and celibate throughout his life, another example of freedom given to Guru Nanaks children. When Guru Nanak came back from one of his travels, Sri Chand wrote 'aarta' describing how he saw Guru Nanak. Read it and you will know what kind of relationship Guru Nanak had with his sons and the world.

3.About Mata Sulakhani, wife of Guru, why do you assume what you assume. The first five teachings of Sikhism are controlling

1. Kaam
2. Krodh
3. Lobh
4. Moh
5. Ahankaar

You still think she had any needs? She was above wordly needs or desires. She was one with God. She was greater than any prophets you would know. Wife of Guru Nanak was not ordinary human.

If you know then you would know Guru Nanak was with her every moment. Only your human brain cannot comprehend it, hence useless and childish questions. Come up with something worthwhile. BTW Sikhs dont follow Gurus example, we follow our Gurus word and hukam.

Maybe if he was there for his sons they wouldn't have turned out the way they did, and would have been proud Sikhi followers. Also are you now claiming that Guru Nanak's wife was also somehow divine and so did not require the physical and emotional love and attention she would have presumably as a human craved from her husband?

Also why did Guru Nanak get married at all if he knew he was sent from God and was to undertake a mission gallivanting around India for 28 years?

May 24, 2008
Just Curious Ji ,
The things which you state about Guru Nanak Dev Ji are in no way in clash with the Religion he founded .
1. Guru Nanak Dev Ji DID marry & bore two sons , he lived a life of house holder not an ascetic .
2. He went to travel whole of the world to preach his faith when he saw the whole world burning in mindless religious bigotry , irrational practices , hating each other due to some false notions of differences .
Bhai Gurdass Ji the great Sikh scholar who helped Fifth Guru Guru Arjan Dev Ji in compiling & editing Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji , whose Vaars are declared by none other than Guru Arjan Dev Ji himself as the KEY TO GURBANI describes the arrival of Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Vaar1 Pauri 23 as:
Vaaran Bhai Gurdas:- Vaar1-Pauri23--:SearchGurbani.com

Vaar 1 Pauri 23 Coming of the Guru
ਸੁਣੀ ਪੁਕਾਰਿ ਦਾਤਾਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਗ ਮਾਹਿ ਪਠਾਇਆ ।
sunee pukaari daataar prabhu guru naanak jag maahi patdaaiaa|
The benefactor Lord listened to the cries (of humanity) and sent Guru Nanak to this world.
Line 1
ਚਰਨ ਧੋਇ ਰਹਰਾਸਿ ਕਰਿ ਚਰਣਾਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਿਖਾਂ ਪੀਲਾਇਆ ।
charan dhoi raharaasi kari charanaamritu sikhaan peelaaiaa|
He washed His feet, eulogised God and got his Disciples drink the ambrosia of his feet.
Line 2
ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪੂਰਨ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਕਲਿਜੁਗਿ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਇਕੁ ਦਿਖਾਇਆ ।
paarabrahamu pooran brahamu kalijugi andari iku dikhaaiaa|
He preached in this darkage (kaliyug) that, saragun (Brahm) and nirgun (Parbrahm) are the same and identical.
Line 3
ਚਾਰੇ ਪੈਰ ਧਰਮ ਦੇ ਚਾਰਿ ਵਰਨਿ ਇਕੁ ਵਰਨੁ ਕਰਾਇਆ ।
chaaray pair dharam day chaari varani iku varanu karaaiaa|
Dharma was now established on its four feet and all the four castes (through fraternal feeling) were converted into one caste (of humanity).
Line 4
ਰਾਣਾ ਰੰਕੁ ਬਰਾਬਰੀ ਪੈਰੀ ਪਾਵਣਾ ਜਗਿ ਵਰਤਾਇਆ ।
raanaa ranku baraabaree pairee paavanaa jagi varataaiaa|
Equating the poor with the prince, he spread the etiquette of humbly touching the feet.
Line 5
ਉਲਟਾ ਖੇਲੁ ਪਿਰੰਮ ਦਾ ਪੈਰਾ ਉਪਰਿ ਸੀਸੁ ਨਿਵਾਇਆ ।
ulataa khaylu piranm daa pairaa upari seesu nivaaiaa|
Inverse is the game of the beloved; he got the egotist high heads bowed to feet.
Line 6
ਕਲਿਜੁਗੁ ਬਾਬੇ ਤਾਰਿਆ ਸਤਿਨਾਮੁ ਪੜ੍ਹਿ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਸੁਣਾਇਆ ।
kalijugu baabay taariaa satinaamu parhhi mantr sunaaiaa|
Baba Nanak rescued this dark age (kaliyug) and recited ‘satinam’ mantr for one and all.
Line 7
ਕਲਿ ਤਾਰਣਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਆਇਆ ॥੨੩॥
kali taarani guru naanaku aaiaa ॥23॥
Guru Nanak came to redeem the kaliyug.
I request you Just Curious ji to go through whole of Vaar 1 which will take only perhaps forty five minutes to have some clarity on the purpose of Guru Nanak Dev ji's life & whole of background regarding the origins of SIKH FAITH rather than listening to somebody's half-baked LOGIC or one-sided statements . Sikhism is very very unlike any of the previous philosophies this earth has known in last 3500 years .

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I see you presume I am a Muslim and hence the volley of insults hurled towards me! Once again you make your hatred of Islam (in particular) and other religions in general clear! If I had said I was a Christian/Jew/Hindu etc I wonder what insults I could have expected to receive.

For the last time I have come here asking you questions about your faith, not to share mine. Why is that such an obstacle for you? Why can you only answer my questions once you know my faith? Can it be to hurl insults as you already have done at what you preceive to be my faith of Islam which it might or might be but in any case is irrelevant?

Just Curious ji,

Guru Fateh.

From your post above, it shows that you misspoke about being a truth seeker because what you said above is all false. I did not hurl any insults at Muslims. I told the facts.

I do not understand a person like you who refuses to share the goodness of her/his own faith. Why this insecurity and cowardice is really bewildering. Why would she/he hide her/himself from the core values that have been instilled in her/him.

In this forum we talk about all religions and faiths quite openly. Please check the interfaith forum for that.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

roab1

SPNer
Jun 30, 2009
Maybe if he was there for his sons they wouldn't have turned out the way they did, and would have been proud Sikhi followers. Also are you now claiming that Guru Nanak's wife was also somehow divine and so did not require the physical and emotional love and attention she would have presumably as a human craved from her husband?

Also why did Guru Nanak get married at all if he knew he was sent from God and was to undertake a mission gallivanting around India for 28 years?

You make it seem as if the sons of Guru Nanak were not worthy, shall i call you awefully presumptive or haughty judgemental all knowing typo ! Sri Chand is one of the most respected figures of Sikhism. The other son did very well regarding wordly life, but had nothing to do with growth of Sikhi as he wasnt a religious leader. Both were Sikhs. Sri Chand was Divine. The younger was ordinary Sikh.

Do you think Wife of Guru Nanak was not divine? I request that you reveal your faith/religious belief so that we may know how women are viewed in your religion. So far you are dodging the question, as if you are ashamed of your religion.

Your question about Guru Nanak being married and spreading Gods message seems to come from your belief that
1. A Man cannot find God while being married.
2. Women are sex objects and not equal.
3. Women are weak.
4. A Man and Women can never overcome their sexual desires.

Be a Man and reveal your faith, dont be a coward.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: