• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Wake Up

Jun 11, 2004
India
Bihaagraa, Fifth Mehl, Chhant:
Why are you imbued with the love of another? That path is very dangerous.
O sinner, no one is your friend.
No one shall be your friend, and you shall forever regret your actions.
You have not chanted with your tongue the Praises of the Sustainer of the World; when will these days come again?
The leaf, separated from the branch, shall not be joined with it again; all alone, it falls on its way to death.
Prays Nanak, without the Lord's Name, the soul wanders, forever suffer. ||1||
You are practicing deception secretly, but the Lord, the Knower, knows all.
When the Righteous Judge of Dharma reads your account, you shall be squeezed like a sesame seed in the oil-press.
For the actions you committed, you shall suffer the penalty; you shall be consigned to countless reincarnations.
Imbued with the love of Maya, the great enticer, you shall lose the jewel of this human life.
Except for the One Name of the Lord, you are clever in everything else.
Prays Nanak, those who have such pre-ordained destiny are attracted to doubt and emotional attachment. ||2||
No one advocates for the ungrateful person, who is separated from the Lord.
The hard-hearted Messenger of Death comes and seizes him.
He seizes him, and leads him away, to pay for his evil deeds; he was imbued with Maya, the great enticer.
He was not Gurmukh - he did not chant the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe; and now, the hot irons are put to his chest.
He is ruined by sexual desire, anger and egotism; deprived of spiritual wisdom, he comes to regret.
Prays Nanak, by his cursed destiny he has gone astray; with his tongue, he does not chant the Name of the Lord. ||3||
Without You, God, no one is our savior.
It is Your Nature, Lord, to save the sinners.
O Savior of sinners, I have entered Your Sanctuary, O Lord and Master, Compassionate Ocean of Mercy.
Please, rescue me from the deep, dark pit, O Creator, Cherisher of all hearts.
I seek Your Sanctuary; please, cut away these heavy bonds, and give me the Support of the One Name.
Prays Nanak, please, give me Your Hand and save me, O Lord of the Universe, Merciful to the meek. ||4||
That day is judged to be fruitful, when I merged with my Lord.
Total happiness was revealed, and pain was taken far away.
Peace, tranquility, joy and eternal happiness come from constantly singing the Glorious Praises of the Sustainer of the World.
Joining the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I lovingly remember the Lord; I shall not wander again in reincarnation.
He has naturally hugged me close in His Loving Embrace, and the seed of my primal destiny has sprouted.
Prays Nanak, He Himself has met me, and He shall never again leave me. ||5||4||7||

Jun 11, 2004
India
Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl:
People eat what they believe to be sweet, but it turns out to be bitter in taste.
They attach their affections to brothers and friends, uselessly engrossed in corruption.
They vanish without a moment's delay; without God's Name, they are stunned and amazed. ||1||
O my mind, attach yourself to the service of the True Guru.
Whatever is seen, shall pass away. Abandon the intellectualizations of your mind. ||1||Pause||
Like the mad dog running around in all directions,
the greedy person, unaware, consumes everything, edible and non-edible alike.
Engrossed in the intoxication of sexual desire and anger, people wander through reincarnation over and over again. ||2||
Maya has spread out her net, and in it, she has placed the bait.
The bird of desire is caught, and cannot find any escape, O my mother.
One who does not know the Lord who created him, comes and goes in reincarnation over and over again. ||3||
By various devices, and in so many ways, this world is enticed.
They alone are saved, whom the All-powerful, Infinite Lord protects.
The servants of the Lord are saved by the Love of the Lord. O Nanak, I am forever a sacrifice to them. ||4||21||91||

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM