• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
Waheguru ji ka khalsa,
Waheguru ji ki fateh,
Dear Bro & Sis,

Accept my humble request.
I want to ask you all a small question , just like brain storming,
"You all have been to zoo, you have seen many animals, must have enjoyed teasing them( at childhood) or (may be now honestly) , have seen lion, Seen his terrible body behind the bars,

How does it feel like, if for a moment you think , 'i wish i could be a lion' ."

No it doesn`t feel good, coz he`s behind the bars, and he` helpless. The mighty king of forest, the man-eater(women-eater) is helpless and it become much more ridicule image as imagin yourself in a circus.

Now, come back and think about yourself
Who so-call them self (singh or kaur), singh mean lion we all know, and we are lion (we also know) - [not to include women here, coz they are also lioness for sure :)]

Now imagin yourself going in a plan from san fransisco to new york , you are wearing your turban , the flight attendant told you “shut up” and “do not cause any problems”.(Corporate Social Responsibility News from Sikh Mediawatch and Resource Task Force (SMART): Sikh Sues Delta Airlines over Racial Profiling, Harassment)

We all know there are tons of such happening all over the world (even in india) .

So my quesion is that "what hath we done to stop this?"
or we are waiting for other people (non-sikh) to automatically give us our right whenever we need , and they just dont discriminate us.

No , that not gonna happen, simply because no one cares. and no body has time for anybody and no one is intersting knowing us, they just see us and turn their face by saying "diper-head". and we become mute even if we heard that . We dont speak , cause we think it might cause problem and we dont wanna get into problem coz we think that we already created problem by showing us into public.

We were khalsa, (the holy army of god) and now become .... (ask yourself) .my question is "what the hell we are waiting for?"

You know what the problem was? the problem was evangelism. Christian went to all four direction and made everyone christ by dipping them into river, muslim have been in all direction and made everone by circumcision. nothing to talk about hindus here. and sikh?

"No No NO we are monolistic religion , believe in all the possible ways(religion) to one god" -- good enought but what hath we got?

we get "discrimination, spitting on our face, name calling, exectution, etc."

So what do you think, should we live like an insect and we grow up our kids in this environment and pray to god for their wellwish .

We are the youth of sikh. If we did nothing today then this gonna happen every generation and our kid gonna suffer the same stuff what we are suffering.

The quesion is "when will we wake up?"

stupidjassi

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
So my quesion is that "what hath we done to stop this?"
or we are waiting for other people (non-sikh) to automatically give us our right whenever we need , and they just dont discriminate us.

No , that not gonna happen, simply because no one cares. and no body has time for anybody and no one is intersting knowing us, they just see us and turn their face by saying "diper-head". and we become mute even if we heard that . We dont speak , cause we think it might cause problem and we dont wanna get into problem coz we think that we already created problem by showing us into public.

One of the biggest truth of this world is that if you look different from general population then you are an object of fun.This world is very cruel place on forums it looks like heaven but reality is it is no better than hell.the recent india australia series is the biggest example of this .the Man of the series andrew symonds was targeted by indian crowd
.They called him monkey faced because he is west indian and with his dark skin,trinidad long hair style aand white lips he looks different from the rest of australian team.That's why he is targeted by indian crowd.In this world if you are 6 inches shorter than rest of population,or 20 kgs heavier than rest then you are an object of fun.so how could turbaned sikhs expect that world is going to accept them.

You know what the problem was? the problem was evangelism. Christian went to all four direction and made everyone christ by dipping them into river, muslim have been in all direction and made everone by circumcision. nothing to talk about hindus here. and sikh?

"No No NO we are monolistic religion , believe in all the possible ways(religion) to one god" -- good enought but what hath we got?

You are right spreading sikhism is could be only solution of this problem.

We are the youth of sikh. If we did nothing today then this gonna happen every generation and our kid gonna suffer the same stuff what we are suffering.

Don't worry about future generation.we don't even know how many sikhs will wear turban in future 5,10 % or may be less.

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
stupidjassi says: 'The question is "when will we wake up?" '

clarkejoey wonders: Wake up and do what?

Wake up and dance on dead bodies of those who have gave blood to us so that`s why we have courage to wear turban.

Wake up and mock on those who have cut their head just because they dont wanna cut their hair

Wake up and laugh on those women who had put the necklace of the their tiny toads who were tribally killed by moguls for not being sikh

Wake up and Question Guru Gobind Singh that why did he baptised us and made us so courageous to fight aginast evil

Wake up and Question yourself why did you born as sikh not as hindu or Christan

Wake up and remove your turban , disguise it because you no longer can proctect it

Wake up and the again go in sleep!

Waheguru
Stupidjassi

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Wake up to the fact that we wear this physical body as a temporary abode.
Wake up to the reality - Kaho Nanak thir kich nahiN Swupne jiu sansar.

Wake up from your lazy bed and rise early in the morning before sunrise.
Wake up from the illusion that looks so real while it lasts.

Wake up to the fact that death is eminent.
Wake up thinking of our worldly affairs as being just an affair.

Wake up from wonderland and the mesmerising influence of the cheshire cat.
Wake up from the cartoon characters that make you forget, you're a Sikh.

Wake up from the idea that the enemy is on the outside.
Wake up from the cycle of birth, death and transmigration.

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
Don't worry about future generation.we don't even know how many sikhs will wear turban in future 5,10 % or may be less.

Is that what happened to Today`s Sikh
Is this what i am living to listen
ARE these those people who once given their lives to save sikhi and now so Cold-Blooded that 'Dont worry about future generations'

What has happened to us?

Mr. kds ji ,
Our Children not gonna walk until we teach them how to walk.
Our Children not gonna learn English until we teach them English.
Our Children not gonna go in good university until we teach them the essence of Education.

So how do expect that they gonna be so desperate to be baptized until we teach them the philosophy of Sikh.

It is very easy to say 'Do not care, coz no one care' but
its tough to have a sense responsibility and dare to have courage.

stupidjassi

clarkejoey

SPNer
Oct 3, 2007
Belize City, Belize
Wake up to the fact that we wear this physical body as a temporary abode.
Wake up to the reality - Kaho Nanak thir kich nahiN Swupne jiu sansar.

Wake up from your lazy bed and rise early in the morning before sunrise.
Wake up from the illusion that looks so real while it lasts.

Wake up to the fact that death is eminent.
Wake up thinking of our worldly affairs as being just an affair.

Wake up from wonderland and the mesmerising influence of the cheshire cat.
Wake up from the cartoon characters that make you forget, you're a Sikh.

Wake up from the idea that the enemy is on the outside.
Wake up from the cycle of birth, death and transmigration.

you have something to say, begum?

out with it!

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Is that what happened to Today`s Sikh
Is this what i am living to listen
ARE these those people who once given their lives to save sikhi and now so Cold-Blooded that 'Dont worry about future generations'

What has happened to us?

Mr. kds ji ,
Our Children not gonna walk until we teach them how to walk.
Our Children not gonna learn English until we teach them English.
Our Children not gonna go in good university until we teach them the essence of Education.

So how do expect that they gonna be so desperate to be baptized until we teach them the philosophy of Sikh.

It is very easy to say 'Do not care, coz no one care' but
its tough to have a sense responsibility and dare to have courage.

stupidjassi

Dear jassi ji

I know you are angry with my comment and you have every right to be angry but one should not close his eyes to the truth.One of the biggest truth of present time is that sikhs
are madly running after money.Punjab which is the only sikh majority place oin the world is now the place of female foeticiders,drug traders,sant baba followers etc.Moreover the sikhs which are wearing turban are facing problems all over the world especially after 9-11
Do you think the future generation that come from these people will follow sikhi.

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
Dear jassi ji

I know you are angry with my comment and you have every right to be angry but one should not close his eyes to the truth.One of the biggest truth of present time is that sikhs
are madly running after money.Punjab which is the only sikh majority place oin the world is now the place of female foeticiders,drug traders,sant baba followers etc.Moreover the sikhs which are wearing turban are facing problems all over the world especially after 9-11
Do you think the future generation that come from these people will follow sikhi.

Hi kds1980 ji,
I am Not annoyed with you. because you are right in questing about our future generation.

ok , so for a second just forget about future because no one has seen future.
Lets talk about Past. because we know our history.

Since Late 16th Century how much repletion we have faced?
How much we have shed our blood when there were 'sira da mul' (reward for a person who brought a Singh's/kaur`s head )?
How did we resisted Two greater Holocaust?
How many battles we have fought?

kds1980 ji , imagine those time when we used to live in forest and people were like wild dogs looking for sikhs.

If we had come through all of that, Cannot we go through in Future?

kds1980 ji Our history hath written in Blood and there is no question for our survival

All we need to do is to do is to recall our History and continue working toward it.

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” -Mark Victor Hansen quotes

waheguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji ki fateh

stupidjassi

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Hi kds1980 ji,
I am Not annoyed with you. because you are right in questing about our future generation.

ok , so for a second just forget about future because no one has seen future.
Lets talk about Past. because we know our history.

Since Late 16th Century how much repletion we have faced?
How much we have shed our blood when there were 'sira da mul' (reward for a person who brought a Singh's/kaur`s head )?
How did we resisted Two greater Holocaust?
How many battles we have fought?

kds1980 ji , imagine those time when we used to live in forest and people were like wild dogs looking for sikhs.

If we had come through all of that, Cannot we go through in Future?

kds1980 ji Our history hath written in Blood and there is no question for our survival

All we need to do is to do is to recall our History and continue working toward it.

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” -Mark Victor Hansen quotes

waheguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji ki fateh

stupidjassi

Jassi ji you are right our ancestors were great people.sikhs were quality people but i am sorry that i cannot say it for present generation.Majority of sikhs are madly running after money.we hear lot of stories how people of punjab are trying to migrate to foreign countries illegaly. what does it means? the ethics of hard work is now replaced by
desire to earn quick money.at present sikhs are no more hard working,honest,brave etc than hindu's or muslims.that's why i don't have much hope in the future generation

clarkejoey

SPNer
Oct 3, 2007
Belize City, Belize
Awww, you guys are no fun. If you’re all going to be such sour-pusses, it’s no wonder the kids are leaving.

There are a million ways to skin a cat, and if your spirituality has no reservoir of joy, I have no use for it. Happily, my faith doesn’t depend on you.

Sure, respect and venerate the martyrs… certainly think reverently of the Gurus… and absolutely respond to prejudice with sternness. But when it comes to things that aren’t important – grow up!

I hope that if I have to die for my faith, I can do it with a Cheshire-cat grin. Just as I hope to live for my faith – an example of joy.

Jassi – I hear your rage and feel your pain, but aren’t we supposed to be in control of these things? Regarding the news report (the Singh suing Delta Airlines), I notice that your outrage concerns mistaken identity, but remember: persecuting Muslims is just as wicked as persecuting Sikhs. It’s not that a Sikh was attacked, it’s that a person was attacked. Do you save and record news items of persecuted Hindus, Christians or Jewish folk? It’s all the same thing you know – persecution.

Kds ji, missioning and preaching are all well and good, but as any good preacher knows, nothing beats a good example. I should be able to look at you and want what you have. Unfortunately, what I mostly see here is complaining, Sikh-bashing, and churlish whining.

Not to mention: folk who don’t even take the trouble to express themselves clearly.

Begum?

Apr 4, 2007
the ethics of hard work is now replaced by
desire to earn quick money.at present sikhs are no more hard working,honest,brave etc than hindu's or muslims.that's why i don't have much hope in the future generation

i don't think this is true... if it were, how would we be the wealthiest religious minority in nearly every country we live in? at least in america, sikhs still have a reputation for hard honest work and good ethics. i just returned from a huge sikh festival in northern california, where a large number of the wealthy farmers are sikhs. among people of their area, they have a great reputation for hard work and community service.

i wish people could see past the few bad apples and not be so negative about our entire religion, our entire population.

Guru Sahib has told us the Khalsa shall rule, and so it shall be. i have faith and confidence in this.

stupidjassi

SPNer
Nov 2, 2007
mississauga, ON
Guru Sahib has told us the Khalsa shall rule, and so it shall be. i have faith and confidence in this.

Dear Kelly_kaur Ji,

true in saying but the simple and childish question is When?
answer: Whenever we fight for our rights

question:When will we fight for our rights?
answer: when we`ll try for it

quesion : when we`ll try for it?
answer: when we will group up sikhs and realize them the need of the time.
[ United We Stand Devided We Fall ]

quesion: When we will group up sikhs and realize them the need of the time?
answer: When we`ll give up them wake up calls

quesion: And what did you get when you give wake up calls?
answer: ahh... its hard job man!

stupidjassi

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
i don't think this is true... if it were, how would we be the wealthiest religious minority in nearly every country we live in? at least in america, sikhs still have a reputation for hard honest work and good ethics. i just returned from a huge sikh festival in northern california, where a large number of the wealthy farmers are sikhs. among people of their area, they have a great reputation for hard work and community service.

i wish people could see past the few bad apples and not be so negative about our entire religion, our entire population.

Kelly ji

Its true that sikhs are richest minority in every country But it is mainly because of people
who migrated earlier legally and worked very hard.but present generation do not care whether its legal or illegal.They just want to to go outside india and want to earn quick money.The whole mafia of illegal human trafficking is operating from punjab even superhit punjabi singers are involved in it.Punjab is no.1 state in india where in the cases of illegal human trafficking.

do you think all are these signs of hard work?Indian economy is booming they can migrate to other parts of india and can work.but they want high salaries and want to become rich quickly.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Jassi – I hear your rage and feel your pain, but aren’t we supposed to be in control of these things? Regarding the news report (the Singh suing Delta Airlines), I notice that your outrage concerns mistaken identity, but remember: persecuting Muslims is just as wicked as persecuting Sikhs. It’s not that a Sikh was attacked, it’s that a person was attacked. Do you save and record news items of persecuted Hindus, Christians or Jewish folk? It’s all the same thing you know – persecution.

Its true persecution of muslims is also bad.but on of the bitter truth is that first of all each and every community should look at its own matters.in 1984 when sikhs were butchered
did any other community came to help sikhs.the answer is no.

Kds ji, missioning and preaching are all well and good, but as any good preacher knows, nothing beats a good example. I should be able to look at you and want what you have. Unfortunately, what I mostly see here is complaining, Sikh-bashing, and churlish whining.

I am member of this site from past 2 and half years and you can check many of my posts
all are not about sikh bashing ,whiningetc if you only read my complaing posts the i can't do anything.also i do write bitter truth which is sometime hard to digest for many people.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM