• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Virulents!

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
"A small platoon of American soldiers in search of their missing comrades comes across Indian commandoes looking for a group of terrorists suspected of hiding a most heinous weapon in the craggy breast of the Hindukush. It's a night of revelation as the Americans discove the fate of their lost brothers, and the Indiams discover the fate of their terrorists. But the terror is not in the form of flesh and blood, or bullets or gunpowder. Terror has a new name."

the comic has this "Major" Sikh character. By major I mean Major of the group of Indian soldiers (Major Singh), and by major I also mean someone with a significant role in the comic. This topic was also started in Sikh media watch, it didn't appear on the left so I thought I'd post it here in Sikh youth.

trailer:
VIRULENTS TRAILER Virgin Comics Blog

the comic was released by Virgin Comics back in 2007 so get a copy and support these guys for their efforts.

There gona be a movie based on this comic so expect the Sikh character in the movie. :happy:
Soldiers to Battle Afghani Vampire Zombies in 'Virulents' - Cinematical

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
This looks really interesting. Almost as good as some of the Batman comic novels I've got! The movie idea sounds good too.
I've been a fan of Virgin Comics ever since I read Ramayan 3392 and Virulents. They are definitely going far!
They inspired me to get into this comic business.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Are they related to Richard Branson's Virgin company Bhagat?

I've seen some of your art on Flikr - really impressive! We are expecting big things from you!

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Are they related to Richard Branson's Virgin company Bhagat?

I've seen some of your art on Flikr - really impressive! We are expecting big things from you!
In 2006, Branson formed Virgin Comics and Virgin Animation an entertainment company focussed on creating new stories and characters for a global audience. The Company was founded with author Deepak Chopra, filmmaker Shekhar Kapur and entrepreneurs Sharad Devarajan and Gotham Chopra.
Richard Branson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Gotham Chopra??? Did he name himself after Bat Man's famous city?
Another way of spelling it would be "Gautam". How would westerners pronounce Gautam? so I think he or his parents went with Gotham, since the pronunciation is almost identical.
But lol who knows maybe he did name himself after Batman's famous city.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM