• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity Virginia Candidate E.W. Jackson: Yoga Leads To Satan

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Virginia candidate E.W. Jackson: Yoga leads to Satan

By TAL KOPAN | 6/6/13 6:07 AM EDT

E.W. Jackson, the Virginia GOP candidate for lieutenant governor, suggested that yoga could open individuals to Satan, according to a report.

Accompanying a profile of Jackson, who has been a thorn in the side of GOP gubernatorial hopeful Ken Cuccinelli, the National Review’s Betsy Woodruff on Wednesday posted excerpts of Jackson’s 2008 book, “Ten Commandments to an Extraordinary Life.”

Including one about the dangers of “emptying yourself” with yoga:

“When one hears the word meditation, it conjures an image of Maharishi Yoga talking about finding a mantra and striving for nirvana. … The purpose of such meditation is to empty oneself. … [Satan] is happy to invade the empty vacuum of your soul and possess it. That is why people serve Satan without ever knowing it or deciding to, but no one can be a child of God without making a decision to surrender to him. Beware of systems of spirituality which tell you to empty yourself. You will end up filled with something you probably do not want,” Woodruff excerpts.

And Jackson doesn’t seem to be a big fan of “most people”:

“[M]ost people are dead spirits. As such they have the nature of Satan who does not want to have anything to do with God or anyone related to Him. Of course they are not aware that they are imbued with the nature of Satan. They would be mortified by the idea of becoming Satanists or devil worshippers. Satan benefits far more from people who do not know they serve him than from those who knowingly bow to him. Your spirit was made for attachment. It is either attached to God or to Satan, but it is not neutral, no matter how much people think themselves to be.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/...-governor-yoga-satan-92321.html#ixzz2VXnIqjvU

Inderjeet Kaur

Writer
SPNer
Oct 13, 2011
Seattle, Washington, USA
My goodness, some of these guys seems scared of their own shadow. Do they really need an old, heathen Sikh woman to teach them their own religion? Let me remind you what your own Bible says:

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Wait, you say the Devil can quote scripture for his own nefarious purposes? That may be true, but that statement is not from the Bible; it's from Shakespeare's "The Merchant of Venice."

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose. An evil soul producing holy witness Is like a villain with a smiling cheek.
[1596 Shakespeare Merchant of Venice i. iii. 93]

In other words, I think Christians who see the Devil behind anything they don't understand need to first, study their own religion, especially the Bible, and second, get a life.

Better still, get a sense of humour.

I don't believe in the Devil personally; I think we humans are quite capable of doing evil without any help from any outside force.

But if I did believe in the Devil, I think this song would pretty well sum up how I'd feel about him, although I'm not absolutely certain that the British army is the only one he'd join.

First, the video. I chose this one because I love Irish dance and also because they only sing the chorus here. The verses are a bit bawdy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFgQA1qucc4&list=FLcZdAdkCS771wjwL95ZPx4Q&feature=mh_lolz

Then the lyrics (feel free to sing along; if you're struck by lightening, feel free to blame me) :icecreamkaur: :

Some say the devil is dead, the devil is dead, the devil is dead,
Some say the devil is dead and buried in Killarney.
More say he rose again, more say he rose again, more say he rose
again,
And joined the British army.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: