• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Video On Dasam Granth

sumra

SPNer
Jun 27, 2004
brampton, canada
A Video of Interview with Bibi Jugraj Kaur which was shown in "Gurbani" Program on Vision TV in Canada can now be seen on the website
www.singhsabhacanada.com
At the right side click on the link "Video Files", there are 7 parts.
Please watch it and decide who is the author of so called Dasam Granth.
Some new articles have also been added.

prem judge

SPNer
Dec 17, 2004
Perth
This vidio of the interview on Vision T.V. is very interesting and informative. I have watched it a couple of times and have often wondered why the Dasam Granth is given such importance especially when much of it can not be read openly to the Sangat due to
the nature of its text. Any comments from our learened members about this vedio presentation?

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Friend

I would request anybody who wish to disscuss about Dasam granth ,to get hold of copy and read for yourself instaed of picking up what other people say about it.I have not seen the vedios above but anyway these represent the experience of speaker with Dasam granth and not the reality.

Jatinder Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
For the person with not good language of Sadhu Bhasha or say Punjabi of First Master time it is not easy to understand the Gurbani of Gutu Granth Sahib Ji.

Das gives an example.

Thithe Sito Sita Mahima Mayee.It means Akal woven over there but people may behold cool mother Sitah.So before we point fingure on any part of Dasham Granth,Darbar Sahib may have similar instances.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
sri dasam granth is however gurbani and we must respect it at its highest.
GURBANI ?? the ONLY GURBANI is in the Sri Guru Granth sahib Jee. Guru Gobind Singh Ji DECIDED that, when HE kept whatever He wrote OUT of SGGS. Why must we Sikhs try and DOUBLE GUESS what GURU JI did ??

Satguru Amardass Ji has declared very very clearly that GURBANI is that which is SATGUR KI BANI...Satgur BINA hor KACHEE BANI...Kehndeh kacheh, sundeh kacheh, kachee aakh vikhanne Anand sahib Ji. Our SATGUR today is Sahib Sri Guru Granth sahib Jee....can we misinterpret Guru amardass Ji when he so clearly says..SATGUR BINA hor kachee bani....???..then go ahead and MISINTERPRET GURU GOBIND SINGH JI when he declared..SGGs is pargat GURAAN KEE DEH..our One and ONLY GURU-SATGURU..is SGGS ??
Why "must" we go looking for outside "gurbani" ?? Remember Guru hargobind Ji, Guru har rai ji, and Guru harkrishan Ji NEVER wrote a single tuk of anything..still thay are equally GURU..so why must we insist on finding Guru Gobind Singh Jis "banis"..He is Still the TENTH NANAK for us.
2. Whatever Banis the Sikh Kaum has thought fit to use as Banis to be read in Khandey batte dee Pahul...and as part of the Nitnem are not controversial and accepted by all Sikhs.
3. Its these authentic Banis that were deliberately MIXED in with the spuriosu 18 granths or so..to make up one huge garnth to EQUAL the SGGS..and Paraksh it at EQUAL PLAV+CE beside SGGS to challenge the GURU. Thsi nefarious scheme was played out in Dyala Bhai ka Pind on Nov 13th by the taksal/Rss/groups. ( Even in this "natak- Drama Bazee".. they IGNORED hsitorical importance of DINA KANGGAR as the Historic Village where Guru ji wrote the ZAFARNAMAH..Epistle of Victory.and instead chose a nearby pind ?? why ?? to play around with SikH history..and celebtrate FATEH DIWAS of ZAFARNAMA away from its historical grounds ???
4.There are just too many flies in this ointment...FIRST all those who Parakshed the book dasam granth at PAR with SGGS, under the same chandoa, on the same palki and performed akhand paath, hukmanama etc and matha tek to this shreek book are NOT SIKHS..becasue the First thing a SIKH must do is acknowledge SGGS as his SOLE GURU..worth Matha Teking to. They broke the SRM and are tankhaiyahs...

5. Thsi Video discussion by jugraj kaur is the Best and most balanced on dg. it shows clearly how the BOOKSELLERS have been changing the name of the book from time to time to sell it and hoodwink the sikhs...all under the RSS agenda

Gyani jarnail singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
Das is interested to know that why did not Ninth Master himself include his Bani in Darbar Sahib?Why do we keep on saying that Tenth Master added Ninth Master Bani in Darbar Sahib?

And did Tenth Master has any restriction that he may not make new books or text?

Lastly Anand Sahib is not from Third Master.It is from Akal via Third Master.We are not told to have verse from living Satiguru but from eternal Sati Guru.One that is born and dies can nevewr be True.True Is Akal only.And all Bani which do not have glory to Akal is weak.That is something to do with Kachi Bani.

Our God is absolute and moves as per scintific rather above scintific things.Social Scince sometime try to supress scince but social scince is always depeding on physical scinces.

so Sciology may change wityh times but physics does not till world is there.We should not try to bind Akal with any text and such things Wahabis ,Arya Samajis and protestants all do.not only do they bind Akal but also bind Akal with thier own misintereptaons based upon temporary social scines.

Lastly RSS has nothing to do with all this.People over there were more from congress side.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
IT is historical tradition cited by all hsitrorians thta Guru Gobind Singh ji dictated the ENTIRE SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE from memeory at DAMDAMA SAHIB sabo kee talwandi and the SCRIBE was Bhai mani Singh Ji.
1. Guru teg bahdur Ji did not have the Kartarpuri bir with Him...that was kept by the SODHIS at Kartarpur ( its still there). When Some SIKHS snatched it away from the Sodhis of kartarpur and brought it before Guru teg bahadr Ji..Guru Ji told them to take it BACK. ( Some write that Guru ji left this Bir in flowing Satluj..and it is wet stained..BUt i find this story LUDICROUS ). Thus it is true that Guru Ji didnt have the Bir with Him to enter His bani.

2. When GURU GOBIND SINGH JI requested for the Kartpuri bir form the Sodhis..they REFUSED..saying IF you are true GURU..why not write all the Gurbani...after all OUR great wadd wadera Guru Arjun ji wrote this for us..
THUS Guru Ji sat dowan at talwandi Sabo and rewrote the Entire AAD Grantha dn COMPLETED it by adding the Banis of Guru teg bahdur Ji..this Bir is called DAMDAMI BIR and all present birs are copies of this bir. Bhai deep Singh Shaheed is said to have made FIVE COPIES of the damdami bir to be sent ot all FIVE Takhats...so even if the original bir is missing we know the present copies are authentic.

I find it is just a DHUCHAR to ask questions like why this guru did that and why that guru didnt do that ?? We should just accept what the GURUS DID..and not try to Double-guess them ?? How can anyone ( ANY ONE !! ) among us..no matter how AKAAL he may be tell IF and WHY and WHEN..etc was in GURU Jis HEAD ?? Thats is how can anyone know why Guru teg bahdur Ji DID NOT write His bani ?? Where is he supposed to write it..as the Kartarpuri Bir was in Kartarpur...??? How can anyone tell us why Guur teg Bahdur Ji Didnt CREATE a new copy of AAD Granth ?? Why didnt Guru hargobind Ji do that..why didnt Guru Har rai ji do that..why didnt Guru harkrishan Ji do that ?? alas..such questions are the idle mans workshop ?? who knows what and why ?? DHUCHHARAAN dahun waleh can do that Full time..I can MANUFACTURE a thousand such mind boggling questions on a DAILY BASIS ?? what will i get out of it ??..Lets begin..1. WHY was Guru nanak ji born in Talwandi Rai Bhoi kee and NOT in BENARAS ??..Lahore ??Dehradun ??Delhi ?? 2. Why couldnt Guru Gobind Singh Ji have been born in Nankana sahib and Guru nanak ji in Patna Sahib ?? 3. Why Guru teg bahadur ji travelled to Bengal/Assam and not to TAMIL NADU/Sri lanka..?...what a fUN time ??? i can have..and no body can answer these !!!
Gyani Jarnail Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
IT is historical tradition cited by all hsitrorians thta Guru Gobind Singh ji dictated the ENTIRE SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE from memeory at DAMDAMA SAHIB sabo kee talwandi and the SCRIBE was Bhai mani Singh Ji.
1. Guru teg bahdur Ji did not have the Kartarpuri bir with Him...that was kept by the SODHIS at Kartarpur ( its still there). When Some SIKHS snatched it away from the Sodhis of kartarpur and brought it before Guru teg bahadr Ji..Guru Ji told them to take it BACK. ( Some write that Guru ji left this Bir in flowing Satluj..and it is wet stained..BUt i find this story LUDICROUS ). Thus it is true that Guru Ji didnt have the Bir with Him to enter His bani.

2. When GURU GOBIND SINGH JI requested for the Kartpuri bir form the Sodhis..they REFUSED..saying IF you are true GURU..why not write all the Gurbani...after all OUR great wadd wadera Guru Arjun ji wrote this for us..
THUS Guru Ji sat dowan at talwandi Sabo and rewrote the Entire AAD Grantha dn COMPLETED it by adding the Banis of Guru teg bahdur Ji..this Bir is called DAMDAMI BIR and all present birs are copies of this bir. Bhai deep Singh Shaheed is said to have made FIVE COPIES of the damdami bir to be sent ot all FIVE Takhats...so even if the original bir is missing we know the present copies are authentic.

I find it is just a DHUCHAR to ask questions like why this guru did that and why that guru didnt do that ?? We should just accept what the GURUS DID..and not try to Double-guess them ?? How can anyone ( ANY ONE !! ) among us..no matter how AKAAL he may be tell IF and WHY and WHEN..etc was in GURU Jis HEAD ?? Thats is how can anyone know why Guru teg bahdur Ji DID NOT write His bani ?? Where is he supposed to write it..as the Kartarpuri Bir was in Kartarpur...??? How can anyone tell us why gur teg Bahdur Ji Didnt CREATE a new copy of AAD Granth ?? Why didnt Guru hargobind Ji do that..why didnt Guru Har rai ji do that..why didnt Guru harkrishan Ji do that ?? alas..such questions are the idle mans workshop ?? who knows what and why ?? DHUCHHARAAN dahun waleh can do that Full time..I can MANUFACTURE a thousand such mind boggling questions on a DAILY BASIS ?? what will i get out of it ??..Lets begin..1. WHY was Guru nanak ji born in Talwandi Rai Bhoi kee and NOT in BENARAS ??..Lahore ??Dehradun ??Delhi ?? 2. Why couldnt Guru Gobind Singh Ji have been born in Nankana sahib and Guru nanak ji in Patna Sahib ?? 3. Why Guru teg bahadur ji travelled to Bengal/Assam and not to TAMIL NADU/Sri lanka..?...what a fUN time ??? i can have..and no body can answer these !!!
Gyani Jarnail Singh

Thats what das exactly wanted to hear.

In fact it is only a dhuchar as your self said when we say why did not Tenth Master added his Bani into Guru Granth Sahib Ji?As per this logic Kala Afghana Sahib say that non of the Bani in that text is from Guru and his followers are planing to publically burn the copy of Dasham Granth Sahib.

But das founds that as per Sau Sakhi,we have Guru Ki Kanshi been made much before Guru left Anandpur Sahib.

Also as first copy of Darbar Sahib was already made in form of Bhai Banu Wali Beerh and it is going to be unlikly that no more copies of Scripture were made further.

That Guru only had one copy and no back up copy.

Although today also there are Nihungs who like Muslims do with Kuran or Chatruvedi etc did with Vedas do rember whole of Darbar Sahib of Dasham Granth side oraly yet das thinks that if there could be one copy at Ananpur Sahib then,there could be another at Amritsar Sahib also ather then being with Sodis.

Guru could have sent to regain it as in past sodi snatched it from Ninth Master.yet saying that there was not other copy may not look logical and still further.It is posible that Ninth Master could have himself intitated preservation of own Bani while he was alive and he could have let it come into Darbar Sahib.Tenth Master only made more copies further.

But that thing does not prevent Tenth Guru to have more Bani onto him from Akal and nor can it prevent Akal ordaniing Tenth Master to compile that into more separate texts.

amar_jkp

SPNer
Nov 13, 2006
Dear Friend

I would request anybody who wish to disscuss about Dasam granth ,to get hold of copy and read for yourself instaed of picking up what other people say about it.I have not seen the vedios above but anyway these represent the experience of speaker with Dasam granth and not the reality.

Jatinder Singh

i live in delhi where i can buy dasam granth and sarabloh granth

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkhalsa
Dear Friend

Jatinder Singh

i live in delhi where i can buy dasam granth and sarabloh granth

Dear Friend

It is available in Delhi at B. Chattar Singh Jiwan Singh near SishGang Gurdwara in Chandni chowk delhi

It is bit difficult to find the shop but you can enquire from any shop selling Religious books near Gurdwara Sahib

Second Option

B. Chattar Singh Jiwan Singh store is also available

Welcome to B.Chattar Singh Jiwan Singh - Online Sikh Resource Centre

specific page for Dasam granth

Product Details - B.Chattar Singh Jiwan Singh - Online Sikh Resource Centre

Third Option

B.Chattar Singh Jiwan Singh
Bazar Mai Sewan, Near Golden Temple,
Amritsar (PUNJAB)- INDIA
# 91 183-2542346 - 2547974
2557973 - 2535677
Fax 91 183-2542346

Jatinder Singh

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh

Das can help you if you send a PM to das.And your Phone number.

For buying the copy of Dasham Granth better is to buy copy in Hindi from Dr Jodh Singh Ji.Then say Punjabi tranlation.In fact tranlation by Dr Jodh Singh also needs a good lots of reform.
While buying the Bani of Tenth Master Budhadal version is Best ofr Srabloh Granth(from first copy of Hajur Sahib).

sikh78910

SPNer
Oct 10, 2006
URBANI ?? the ONLY GURBANI is in the Sri Guru Granth sahib Jee. Guru Gobind Singh Ji DECIDED that, when HE kept whatever He wrote OUT of SGGS. Why must we Sikhs try and DOUBLE GUESS what GURU JI did ??

Satguru Amardass Ji has declared very very clearly that GURBANI is that which is SATGUR KI BANI...Satgur BINA hor KACHEE BANI...Kehndeh kacheh, sundeh kacheh, kachee aakh vikhanne Anand sahib Ji. Our SATGUR today is Sahib Sri Guru Granth sahib Jee....can we misinterpret Guru amardass Ji when he so clearly says..SATGUR BINA hor kachee bani....???..then go ahead and MISINTERPRET GURU GOBIND SINGH JI when he declared..SGGs is pargat GURAAN KEE DEH..our One and ONLY GURU-SATGURU..is SGGS ??
Why "must" we go looking for outside "gurbani" ?? Remember Guru hargobind Ji, Guru har rai ji, and Guru harkrishan Ji NEVER wrote a single tuk of anything..still thay are equally GURU..so why must we insist on finding Guru Gobind Singh Jis "banis"..He is Still the TENTH NANAK for us.
2. Whatever Banis the Sikh Kaum has thought fit to use as Banis to be read in Khandey batte dee Pahul...and as part of the Nitnem are not controversial and accepted by all Sikhs.
3. Its these authentic Banis that were deliberately MIXED in with the spuriosu 18 granths or so..to make up one huge garnth to EQUAL the SGGS..and Paraksh it at EQUAL PLAV+CE beside SGGS to challenge the GURU. Thsi nefarious scheme was played out in Dyala Bhai ka Pind on Nov 13th by the taksal/Rss/groups. ( Even in this "natak- Drama Bazee".. they IGNORED hsitorical importance of DINA KANGGAR as the Historic Village where Guru ji wrote the ZAFARNAMAH..Epistle of Victory.and instead chose a nearby pind ?? why ?? to play around with SikH history..and celebtrate FATEH DIWAS of ZAFARNAMA away from its historical grounds ???
4.There are just too many flies in this ointment...FIRST all those who Parakshed the book dasam granth at PAR with SGGS, under the same chandoa, on the same palki and performed akhand paath, hukmanama etc and matha tek to this shreek book are NOT SIKHS..becasue the First thing a SIKH must do is acknowledge SGGS as his SOLE GURU..worth Matha Teking to. They broke the SRM and are tankhaiyahs...

5. Thsi Video discussion by jugraj kaur is the Best and most balanced on dg. it shows clearly how the BOOKSELLERS have been changing the name of the book from time to time to sell it and hoodwink the sikhs...all under the RSS agenda

Gyani jarnail singh
thankyou, i agree 100%!

Jun 30, 2009
Prakash of Guru Granth Sahib and Guru Dasam Granth Sahib should be done in every gurudwara how it use to be done before. This is not Beadbi of our eternal Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahibji maharaj. It would be Beadbi if Guru Dasam Granth Sahib jis prakash was done without the presence of Guru Granth Sahib. Simple

And may I add when I write Guru Dasam Granth Sahib it means, that this is the granth of Guru Gobind Singh ji and that why
"Guru Dasam" is written as a prefix.

And I regonize Guru Granth Sahib as my Guru and as the Guru of all humanity.

I was listening to Katha by Giani Anoop Singh from the Bir Ras Darbar programme he says Guru Granth sahib ji tells us how high or low our souls can go and what has happened and can happen. i.e Maharaj tell us about the history of soul in this world. Guru Dasam Granth Sahib also tells us how high or low our bodies can go and what has happened and can happen.

For the history of Guru Dasam Granth Sahib ji please with an open mind listen to this on the following link

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

GillAUS

SPNer
Apr 20, 2009
Australia
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
sri dasam granth is however gurbani and we must respect it at its highest.

You are 100% correct with that statement.

Don't listen to the naastiks, soon they will be turning their attention from Sri Dasam Granth to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj (It has been actually even been done once before - look up Babu Teja Bhasauria).

Amrit Sanchaar requires the recitation of Dasam Pita's Bani, so does Ardas and Nitnem.

Don't let anyone fool you otherwise and don't believe the hype of the so-called controversies.

Who would you rather believe? Those who have dedicated their lives to Gurbani and live, eat and breath the Khalsa lifestyle from the times of Guru Maharaj, or pseudo-intellectuals with too much time on their hands since retirement.

May the truth prevail.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM