• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikh News UP Rape Victim Willing To Abide By Fatwa

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
UP rape victim willing to abide by fatwa

Monday, 27 June , 2005, 19:27

Muzaffarnagar: A woman, who was allegedly raped by her father-in-law at Charthawal in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh, on Monday said she was ready to abide by the fatwa issued by the Islamic seminary, Darul Uloom Deoband.
Deoband had ruled that she could not be allowed to live with her husband any longer.

"I and my husband are willing to abide by the fatwa if the Darul Uloom Muftis want us to," Imrana said.

Mufti Habibur Rehman of Darul Uloom Deoband said in a fatwa on Sunday that the woman’s living with her husband Noor Ilahi had become untenable as per Islamic law after the alleged rape on June 3.

Reacting to the ruling, Imrana said she had full faith in the Shariyat. Noor Ilahi said he would take steps as per the fatwa.

The rape case made headlines as a local community panchayat passed a verdict that the woman should treat her husband as her son, triggering outrage among women activists.

bebhibebhi

SPNer
May 2, 2009
Limerick
That is so sad, that her family must be split apart like that over the fault of the Father in Law.:}:)

"The rape case made headlines as a local community panchayat passed a verdict that the woman should treat her husband as her son, triggering outrage among women activists."

That is sick!:shock:
I am glad I left Islam, it doesn't protect women at all.

Hardip Singh

SPNer
Jan 14, 2009
It is really irony of her fate that after such an inhuman act she is the one who is being made the scapegoat. Instead of punishing the dirty man (her father in law) thro their fatwas if they do this than where is their so called compassions about their woman folks. They have treated their woman since their inception as their private herds and nothing else. Thanks God, atleast in Sikhism you can never think of such a hukamnama will ever come from our Takhat Jathedars. This shows complete hipocracy of Devband Moulvis.

GillAUS

SPNer
Apr 20, 2009
Australia
One thing I never understand regarding Islam (and I don't mean to sound disrespectful).

In the Sikh religion, as well as with other faiths other than Islam, the focus is on the believer to control their actions so as to not lead to 'sin'.

Example, Sikhs are meant to be in control of the 5 Thieves.

However, in Islam, the focus seems to be on 'physically' controlling situations so as there is no 'sin' etc - i.e. the hijab, segregation between males and females etc.

Rather then instilling teachings that help the believer achieve purity of heart and mind so that they do not aspire to carry out sinful actions, they seem to be taking the easy way out.

Does anyone else get what I'm trying to say?

bebhibebhi

SPNer
May 2, 2009
Limerick
When the man is at fault in context of crimes committed against women in Islam?:mad:
Heh... that seems to be the main point of Sharia, the guy is never in the wrong when it comes to crimes and injustices against women, non muslims(esp. Jews, buddhists, sikhs, Hindus... any other religion that is not Islam...), Musilms(Shia vs. Sunni, Shia vs Shia, Sunni vs. Sunni)...:shock:

bebhibebhi

SPNer
May 2, 2009
Limerick
One thing I never understand regarding Islam (and I don't mean to sound disrespectful).

In the Sikh religion, as well as with other faiths other than Islam, the focus is on the believer to control their actions so as to not lead to 'sin'.

Example, Sikhs are meant to be in control of the 5 Thieves.

However, in Islam, the focus seems to be on 'physically' controlling situations so as there is no 'sin' etc - i.e. the hijab, segregation between males and females etc.

Rather then instilling teachings that help the believer achieve purity of heart and mind so that they do not aspire to carry out sinful actions, they seem to be taking the easy way out.

Does anyone else get what I'm trying to say?
I do,
Islam is about, in short, "Less thinking more doing"
Like their 5 daily prayers, are movement and repetition of set words (something which kind of put me off it, I like to feel like I'm actually having a communication with God rather than repeating words that felt cold and empty- not that I'm against set prayers, I just like to occasionally like to use my own thoughts, because in my mind I'm talking- no- communicating to God and it would have more effect if it was my own words::cool:2:)

BTW: I hope I dont sound like a mad woman hating on Islam all the timeOMG
Just had baaaaaad experiences with it,
That and when I post I sound waaaaaaay more angrier and disrespectful but I dont mean the angriness and disrespect, its just my viewpoint from experience.::cool::

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
I do,
Like their 5 daily prayers, are movement and repetition of set words (something which kind of put me off it, I like to feel like I'm actually having a communication with God rather than repeating words that felt cold and empty- not that I'm against set prayers, I just like to occasionally like to use my own thoughts, because in my mind I'm talking- no- communicating to God and it would have more effect if it was my own words::cool:2:)

That and when I post I sound waaaaaaay more angrier and disrespectful but I dont mean the angriness and disrespect, its just my viewpoint from experience.::cool::

You speak out of experience, after your mind came out of curbed laws to fulfill one kind of individuals. No other can illustrate that more beautiful than you can. I haven't smelled any disrespect towards any one, truth can be bitter though !!. Please keep sharing your views in this regard, they can be helpful to many others who still in controlled atmosphere:welcome:

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Talaq uttered in drunken state valid: Darul Uloom - India - The Times of India

Here is some more shocking News from Darul uloom

Talaq uttered in drunken state valid: Darul Uloom

LUCKNOW: Typing the word ‘talaq’ on an SMS which may not be “sent” or uttering the

words ‘talaq’ thrice even under influence of alcohol or in
a fit of rage amounts to
separation under the sharia.

Darul Uloom-Deoband recently issued a fatwa on three issues contrary to the common belief that the state of intoxication or anger or not communicating the decision of ‘talaq’ to the partner did not amount to divorce in Islam.

In a recent query from Bangladesh (dated December 28, 2008) it was asked: A person intending to give his wife one talaq, typed “I give one talaq to you.” in his cellphone SMS. But after thinking over, he changes his mind and does not send the SMS at all. Will this result in talaq?

According to the Dar-ul-Ifta, in the above condition, one Talaq will be deemed to have occurred, whether the SMS was sent or not.

In Fiqh term, SMS is a text which, if written by husband with the intention of Talaq, will be valid. In another question (dated January 3, 2009) a man asked Dar-Ul-Ifta that he said the word ‘talaq’ three times in anger during a fight with his wife though it was not his intention to give his wife talaq.

“A week after the incident we came to know that she was pregnant, we want to live together” the question asked. In its response, Dar-ul-Ifta ruled: “That since the divorce came in clear words thrice, the element of intention looses its legitimacy.” Another question is, if a husband is completely drunken and unconscious and beat his wife and he says talaq three times, will the marriage end? According to Dar-Ul-Ifta, talaq given after drinking in state of intoxication is valid in Hanafi sect. “Now, the husband can not marry her without Sharai halalah,” Dar-Ul-Ifta ruled.

As per the Sharia, according to Islamic scholars, Talaq should be given once at a time after a period of 30 days each.

This wipes off all possibilities of taking the drastic step in a fit of rage or under the influence of alcohol.
If a person changes his mind after uttering the word ‘talaq’ once or twice, he can always take his words back within the next 40 days (the Iddat period) of the last utterance and the marriage will stand intact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the another sad Thing is that Our Feminists Who do not hesistate to question Hinduism,
Sikhim,christianity and other religions on the treatment of women Remains silent on the issue of women's right in islam because as per the liberal culture It is against to speak islam as it is against the secularism.

bebhibebhi

SPNer
May 2, 2009
Limerick
Talaq uttered in drunken state valid: Darul Uloom - India - The Times of India

Here is some more shocking News from Darul uloom

Talaq uttered in drunken state valid: Darul Uloom

LUCKNOW: Typing the word ‘talaq’ on an SMS which may not be “sent” or uttering the

words ‘talaq’ thrice even under influence of alcohol or in
a fit of rage amounts to
separation under the sharia.

Darul Uloom-Deoband recently issued a fatwa on three issues contrary to the common belief that the state of intoxication or anger or not communicating the decision of ‘talaq’ to the partner did not amount to divorce in Islam.

In a recent query from Bangladesh (dated December 28, 2008) it was asked: A person intending to give his wife one talaq, typed “I give one talaq to you.” in his cellphone SMS. But after thinking over, he changes his mind and does not send the SMS at all. Will this result in talaq?

According to the Dar-ul-Ifta, in the above condition, one Talaq will be deemed to have occurred, whether the SMS was sent or not.

In Fiqh term, SMS is a text which, if written by husband with the intention of Talaq, will be valid. In another question (dated January 3, 2009) a man asked Dar-Ul-Ifta that he said the word ‘talaq’ three times in anger during a fight with his wife though it was not his intention to give his wife talaq.

“A week after the incident we came to know that she was pregnant, we want to live together” the question asked. In its response, Dar-ul-Ifta ruled: “That since the divorce came in clear words thrice, the element of intention looses its legitimacy.” Another question is, if a husband is completely drunken and unconscious and beat his wife and he says talaq three times, will the marriage end? According to Dar-Ul-Ifta, talaq given after drinking in state of intoxication is valid in Hanafi sect. “Now, the husband can not marry her without Sharai halalah,” Dar-Ul-Ifta ruled.

As per the Sharia, according to Islamic scholars, Talaq should be given once at a time after a period of 30 days each.

This wipes off all possibilities of taking the drastic step in a fit of rage or under the influence of alcohol.
If a person changes his mind after uttering the word ‘talaq’ once or twice, he can always take his words back within the next 40 days (the Iddat period) of the last utterance and the marriage will stand intact.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the another sad Thing is that Our Feminists Who do not hesistate to question Hinduism,
Sikhim,christianity and other religions on the treatment of women Remains silent on the issue of women's right in islam because as per the liberal culture It is against to speak islam as it is against the secularism.

I do not understand how feminists don't question Islam as if anything, Islam is one of the biggest threats to women's rights!!
More so than any other religion!
But its probably part of the "Lets try not to hurt Islam's feelings even though it is a system that does not work with any other society other than idiotic, brutal and tribal Shariah Law" sentimentality that has been passed around.
Its so frustrating why cant they open their eyes?:inca:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
I do,

Bebhibebhi ji,

Guru Fateh.

It is sad to notice that you suffered in the environment which rather than offering the tools to breed goodness within, it imposed inhumane ways which stuns the inner growth of a human being. But at the same time I admire your bravura to come out of it. It must have taken a gallant effort for you which is commendable.

Any religion that does not empower us as individuals and makes us grow from the within, so goodness can be bred and shared, is a dogmatic religion where only the upper echelon has the power and they use any violent ways to keep it like that.

I admire your courage.

Tejwant Singh

bebhibebhi

SPNer
May 2, 2009
Limerick
Bebhibebhi ji,

Guru Fateh.

It is sad to notice that you suffered in the environment which rather than offering the tools to breed goodness within, it imposed inhumane ways which stuns the inner growth of a human being. But at the same time I admire your bravura to come out of it. It must have taken a gallant effort for you which is commendable.

Any religion that does not empower us as individuals and makes us grow from the within, so goodness can be bred and shared, is a dogmatic religion where only the upper echelon has the power and they use any violent ways to keep it like that.

I admire your courage.

Tejwant Singh
Thank You Tejwant:),
I appreciate your kind words:happy::happy::happy:,
Yes Islam does not allow for growth, religious questioning is forbidden, It does not empower anyone, even the men are not empowered, it sees the individual as a threat, rather than thinking maybe there is a tiny grain of truth in their words.
I remember getting banned by a few iRC chat groups for asking, as one leader? operator?, whatever, put it too many questions and being told that I couldn't be a real muslim as real muslims dont ask lots of questions.
They thought I was a troll, I'm not, I just ike to know the full extent and source of a particular belief in Islam, heck in any religion.
My questions were innocent enough, I asked why were there all these "hadeeth" which are "sayings of the prophet Muhammed", when it says in the Qu'ran that it is the "perfect hadeeth", which contradicts a fundamental belief: "Gods message was passed down through Muhammed to the people by the Qu'ran".
It was so frustrating at the time, but I'm glad it was a reason(one of many) that made me leave:yes:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM