• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

United Sikhs United Sikhs Conference Brings Together The Cream Of Crop Of Young Bright, Articulate Sikhs

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
United Sikhs Conference Brings Together The Cream Of Crop Of Young Bright, Articulate Sikhs

The United Sikhs Organization headed conference held in Surrey dealt with human rights , women rights and problems, youth problems and Sikh identity crisis problems faced by Sikhs in various countries: By Kanwal Jit Singh

SURREY – This weekend I attended the Global Civil Rights conference organised by the United Sikhs Organisation in Surrey. The conference was very well organised and covered many subjects dealing with human rights , women rights and problems, youth problems and Sikh identity crisis problems faced by Sikhs in various countries. The speakers were very smart and covered their subjects very nicely and within their time limits. The thing that impressed me the most was that many of our speakers were very smart, educated and working in various responsible positions were young second generation Sikhs who are working very hard to resolve the problems being faced by the Sikh community.

Recently our community has seen the unnecessary controversy created by turncoat Liberal MP Ujjal Dosanjh’s comments where he called second – third generation young Sikhs as extremists and being led to terrorism. I wish Dosanjh was present there and seen that those young Sikh speakers were not terrorists, but were very smart young people holding responsible positions and working very hard with various Govts and telling them about the various problems in different countries.

United Sikhs Organisation has been working hard to bring the unjustified innocent killings since 1984 before the International Justice system, The Turban problems in France, Turban search problems in U.S.A. etc. The United Sikhs Org. is very well representing the Sikh community and trying to resolve all these problems in very peaceful and legal ways. Our community should always help such organisations and should give them financial and moral support.

We should also try to teach our younger generations to follow very basic and simple principles of our Sikh religion. They should understand that Guru Nanak taught us that there is only ONE GOD, and all human beings are equal and should be nice, fair and respectful to everybody around them.

And we should all try to follow the very basic three principles taught by Guru Nanak. The first principle is Kirat Karni i.e. earn an honest living. The second principle is Vand Shakna i.e. share part of your earnings with the less fortunates and the third principle is Naam Japna i.e. worship the God and follow his teachings. If majority of the human beings can learn and follow these basic principles then we’ll see Peace all around the World and all human beings living happily and peacefully. I hope these days will come soon and in the meantime I appreciate the Conference organised by the United Sikhs Org. and hope they’ll succeed in their efforts soon. Keep up the good work.

http://thelinkpaper.ca/?p=2707

Attachments

• Sikh-conference-300x225.jpg
    Sikh-conference-300x225.jpg
    25.4 KB · Reads: 259

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM