• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Turban Without A Beard

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Coudl not a Sikh wear whatever he wanted to? Let me ask another question, Would a Sikh want to wear a turban without keeping hair? And, Why?

And I ask these as totally open questions. No hidden agenda on my part. Moreover there are several threads that speak to kesh and dastar that give us some insight into the answers.

shivabramin

SPNer
Nov 29, 2007
namaste thanks , i just curious because i have seen sihk with no beard but with turbans , they just told me they could not wear beard because of work policies , thanks again

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
namaste thanks , i just curious because i have seen sihk with no beard but with turbans , they just told me they could not wear beard because of work policies , thanks again

There are plenty of sikhs who just wear turban for society.for many its a disgrace that their son is not wearing turban so even after cutting hair and beard they just wear it.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Much thanks for the response.
I ask because my line of work demands that I wear a tight-fitting sterilized cap for patient and provider safety.
Again, much thanks,

Sebastyen

If your work demands tight-fitting sterilised cap for patients then there is nothing wrong in wearing it.Just tie a cloth like patka or banadana over your hair and the wear cap.

BTW

Welcome SPN

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
I think kds is right about this. But on the light side, I remember when I broke my arm in 4 places several years ago. The doctor in the emergency room was wearing a big red turban and a really neat beard. I was a bad patient refusing to have an operation. I wanted a cast. He eventually had to really yell to make me come around. The turban however made him look very impressive The nurses worshiped him and were completely at his command.

Seburiel

SPNer
Feb 23, 2008
San Antonio, Tx USA
I imagine that it would be impressive!
You know, I don't recall having seen any Sikh men in the area, or, rather, I don't recall having seen any men in turbans.
Somewhat distressing, as I am attempting to learn as much about sikhi as I can. It's difficult without someone to talk to locally.
I am hoping that it's just a geographic thing, or that I am awake at the odd hours.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM